Page 528 of 534 FirstFirst ... 28428478518526527528529530 ... LastLast
Results 5,271 to 5,280 of 5331

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 528

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    One day I would like to learn how to quilt properly. I am hoping Bagergirl will hold a few skype classes.
    Ask Doc, he's the pro. I'm just an idiot with a needle and thread.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    I have seen your amazing quilts Badger !!!!!!!! You are very clever indeed !!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    lol... you, my dear, over-estimate my abilities.... I just follow directions...

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    lol... you, my dear, over-estimate my abilities.... I just follow directions...
    So many *rude* replies. I shall restrain myself and say, merely, that you follow them well.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

not much of a sewing girl myself Annie, however I try and buy a little material badge wherever I go. It drives DH INSANE !!!!!!!
    anyway I have quite a collection and need to get them onto a blanket. I have decided to machine quilt them and make a throw for one of the couches. It will hopefully be a great talking point !!!!!
    One day I would like to learn how to quilt properly. I am hoping Bagergirl will hold a few skype classes.
    Hy G! Good luck with the quilting! Have you figured out what pattern you want to make? There are a bazillion patterns out there, many of which are on the interwebs. This is a pretty good one, with lots of info to be had:

Welcome to Fons & Porter - Free Quilting Patterns, Quilting Tips, Quilting Video How To

Wifey gets their magazine... and a couple of others..... we have a library of quilting mags around the homestead...

Doc - you darling wee thing!!!!
    I have actually joined a patchwork beginners group. So I will learn how to properly quilt, but my wee round the world quilt will just be a basic square on square. I am so wanting to start up our skype bitch'n'stitch group

...small steps....

Doc - you darling wee thing!!!!
    I have actually joined a patchwork beginners group. So I will learn how to properly quilt, but my wee round the world quilt will just be a basic square on square. I am so wanting to start up our skype bitch'n'stitch group
    My first quilt was a strip pieced "Trip Around the World" very similar to this..

Colorwash Trip Around The World By Moose Country Quilts , Pieced Patterns | Quilterswarehouse

You, my boy, are a very clever boy !!!!!!

...small steps....

You, my boy, are a very clever boy !!!!!!
    Not really.... I just follow directions (usually... sometimes, eh, not so much).... but thanks for thinking so...

Hi guys,
    Well another busy wee week here on the wet windy frosty plains !!!!!!
    SIL rushed into hospital yesterday.....ended up having pylonephritus (not spelt properly - sorry)
    Eldest stayed at mine last night and had a wee check up yesterday, protein andblood in the urine, she is now 28 weeks.......
    And then i got the txt early this morning from middle. Getting the cows in at 4am, quietly meandering through the paddock, motorbike hits hidden branch, middle comes off, twists ankle quite badly, ankle size of football, Gwamma takes her to A n E (thats a two hour trip to pick her up and get her there), xray shows two little floating bone fragments !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Then eldest, who is still at mine, loses it with her youngest, so I met her on the road and have bought little master 3 home to mine.........it never rains at mine - it bloody pours !!!!!!!!!

...small steps....