Page 527 of 535 FirstFirst ... 27427477517525526527528529 ... LastLast
Results 5,261 to 5,270 of 5341

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 527

seaweed is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    G get into the gelatin and the vit C. Gelatin helps with ligaments and that sort of thing and vit C also helps with inflamation. when it is a bit better, clubbell to strengthen the whole area. you can also do all sorts of prehab stuff with the cable machines at the gym which are awesome fun. not much going on here. school hols. work and rain. freezing running the dog this morning. fading fast and it is only 9 am!!!

Wellingtonmum is offline Junior Member
    Hello, been on holiday - sorry for late reply. You're stats are impressive NZcaveman henry - 12kg in 9 weeks!

I'm based petone, hopefully some more wellington people will come out the woodwork...

Hi seaweed, i'd like to enter the Oct NABBA comp but i'm breastfeeding at the moment and hubby isn't too excited about the idea. Thinking I'll enter next year. Going to Auckland in July to see a friend compete.

Also would looove the apple crumble recipe

seaweed is online now Senior Member
    the recipe says this below. we just sliced apples up and then you put them in a pot with a few tbsp of water and some cinnamon and cover and simmer for a little while. or prepare however you like. i quite like to do them with lemon rind, cinnamon, butter, honey and lemon juice and simmer covered. or just grated on the slicer bit raw with cinnamon for a different effect too.

pile the apples into the dish. then we did the crumble as per the recipe and used approx 1/c of GF flours ( rice and tapioca altho i reckon you could add in some coconut too.

•sliced apples 500g
    •half a cup plain flour
    •65g butter, cubed
    •1/3 cup sugar
    •half a tsp cinnamon
    •1/3 desiccated coconut
    1. Heat oven to 180C. Place diced apple in an ovenproof dish.
    2. In a bowl, rub butter into flour with your fingertips, or process in a food processor to look like breadcrumbs. Transfer to a bowl and stir in sugar, cinnamon and coconut.
    3. Sprinkle crumble mixture over apple and bake for 30 to 40 minutes until topping is crisp and golden brown. Dust with icing sugar and serve.
    Tip: Use just your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour so the heat from your hands doesn’t melt the butter.
    Tip: The crumble mixture should look like soft fresh breadcrumbs. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the fruit.
    Tip: You can use other fruit, such as canned pears, stewed rhubarb or frozen berries, in place of the apples if preferred.
    Check at 6:00 and if not done check at 6:06 then at 6:10 then at 6:16 then it should be done.

Yum! Thank you will try it tomorrow night and let ya know how I get on.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Hi guys, Gwamma is having a delightful time with number one Grandson - from here after shall be named master 4. Well that is until he is 5 !!!!!!!
    Yesterday he went on the mo-ger-bike with Gag-gag. They checked the sheep and got the mail etc....
    Today Gag-gag has promised Master 4 a wee ride in the Jetboat! How exciting. He could barely sleep last night and this morning his first words were............Gwamma, Gag-gag is taking me in the jetboat !!!!!!! Very very cute.
    Tomorrow weare meeting his Mum and Dad (thats my eldest) at Willowbank to see all the animals. Its been a fabulous time
    anyway hes calling out for Gwamma to make him breakfast.....
    .......catch you later
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Gwamma your wee Master 4 sounds adorable. Maybe I'll get a grandson one day (not in a hurry lol).

I grew up with sisters, had only daughters, surrounded by nieces with just one nephew (real hunting' shooting' fish in' type haha). Even my cousins were mostly girls, as are most of my music students. I do have a Sunday School class full of full-on boys though, it's a totally different experience.

I'm sure Master 4 will down a real Primal breakfast

He is gorgeous Annie. We had the best time.
    I have suggested to eldest that praps I could have master 3 this weekend. He has been a wee bit slow with his speech, and is so busy - its tiring, however think that Gwamma would have a nice one on one with a little man. Master 4 will not be happy, however that is the way the cookie crumbles. Gwamma needs to have time with each of her wee men !!!!!!
    Busy day in the garden today. Have grown 7 pumpkins, so busy making soup prep for the freezer.
    I have also started a basic machiine sewn quilt.......... I love being creative !!!!!

...small steps....

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the pumpkins, I love them and really wish I had grown some. But they're not expensive to buy which is lucky for me. It will be great to have soup in the freezer. I do a couple of variations on oven-baked pumpkin too. Not to good chunks in with a roast meal.

What colours are in your quilt? I thought you were more into the knitted and crochet kind? Sewing is good too though, anything to get the creative juices flowing.

As for your little grand babies, they do indeed grow so fast and I think it's a great idea to have them separately, you get to relate to each one as an individual. (Not that I have any grandchildren yet, but all in good time...)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    not much of a sewing girl myself Annie, however I try and buy a little material badge wherever I go. It drives DH INSANE !!!!!!!
    anyway I have quite a collection and need to get them onto a blanket. I have decided to machine quilt them and make a throw for one of the couches. It will hopefully be a great talking point !!!!!
    One day I would like to learn how to quilt properly. I am hoping Bagergirl will hold a few skype classes.

...small steps....