Page 52 of 534 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 52

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I don't mind his normal trepidation around the water. He actually warmed up to it pretty quick.

First, he was super-psyched to go swimming ALL DAY after I told him to get his togs and pack them. He told all of the clients: after this class, we are going swimming! Pleased as punch.

So, we head over to the pool, which is a nice, quiet spot (and a new business connection!), and we get a little tour, get our togs on, and head into the pool. I'm about 46% fish, so I enjoy it.

DS gets on the ladder and puts his feet in -- mostly kicking. He wouldn't join me, so I did about 30m of gentle swimming, then did some bobbing around, etc. Just having fun in the water. DS then went into the spa pool, and he felt more comfortable in there (depth-wise), and he started trusting himself a bit more, going a bit deeper in the water, etc.

Then I got out of hte spa and felt a little woosy (blood pressure!), and so I sat down. DS wasnt' done. he got back on the ladder to the pool, then moved himself in rung-by-rung until he was sitting up to his neck, holding onto the bars, and kicking his feet and having a grand time. He even put his face in the water to blow bubbles!

He was in the water for an hour, and really enjoyed it (didn't want to leave).

We got a free 7-day pass, and I'm going back tomorrow for a soak and a sauna, and then on Wednesday, we'll go back again in the afternoon. We might also go on Thursday and Friday, and I'm going to check another pool as well.

If I can get a business deal going, I will see if I can get a free access to the pool membership as part of the equation. it's not great for laps, but I can do basic kick work (holding the wall, for example), as well as arm work (hooking my feet into the ladder), which should be ok. I'd only go when the pool is quiet anyway (based on my schedule), and then can take DS and get him working on his swimming.

He's quite keen to learn now.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i think having one side stronger than the other is prob very normal. i certainly didnt realise how bad mine was till i did one legged leg presses and then i really noticed. but if i think about it, i will always do stuff with one side, i will always lead with one foot on the way up hills and over obstacles. after all my many years of life and climbing around, not to mention how many miles driving a manual, changing gear, clutch foots, riding a motorcycle and clutch hand, 6+ yrs of carrying a small child on my hip and doing everything one handed and so on. carrying everything else as women are the packhorse of the world. it is no wonder one side is stronger than the other.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Yes it was those leg presses that I really noticed the issue.....I was all wobbly and weak on the left. My arms didn't appear to have the same problem. That link had some interesting reading about the four knots, I'm very keen to give those exercises a go. They look like fairly simple non invasive, the arm ones will really help my scoliosis I think.

Zoe- that pool sounds Devine. I am very envious. We have a serious lack of public pools here in New Plymouth, especially hot pools. Your little boy sounds so cute figuring his way into the water bit by bit.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzielou View Post

I called my mother in law to see if she'd look after her tomorrow, but noooooo......I should just take the day off apparently - like I didn't just spend the last two days with her clinging to me. .
    i will have the wee thing !!! but alas I am way down in the south island !!!!! I am so well now that I am happy to look after sick children - cos I don't think that I am sus-septable as I was - before primal !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i think having one side stronger than the other is prob very normal. i certainly didnt realise how bad mine was till i did one legged leg presses and then i really noticed. but if i think about it, i will always do stuff with one side, i will always lead with one foot on the way up hills and over obstacles. after all my many years of life and climbing around, not to mention how many miles driving a manual, changing gear, clutch foots, riding a motorcycle and clutch hand, 6+ yrs of carrying a small child on my hip and doing everything one handed and so on. carrying everything else as women are the packhorse of the world. it is no wonder one side is stronger than the other.
    I have always noticed that one side is smaller/or bigger than the other !!! bigger breast, smaller thigh, bigger bicep, smaller ear..... etc... you get the gist !!!!!!

i am also quite ambidextrous, and my percieved strong side is actually not as strong when arm wrestling !!!!!!

that is how I sort problems out in my family...... if I win the arm wrestle ( which I invertably do-spelt wrong), then everything goes my way !!!! LOL and I am talking big strapping farm girls !!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

oh god. i staunch everyone out way before it gets to the arm wrestling stage. i dont lose either lol

Ok Seaweed - you are on girl, and I am sure that you will win BUT don't count on it just yet !!!! LOL

...small steps....

lmao no i said i didnt arm wrestle. i dont fight, i am a lady, we shouldnt have to. the iron fist in the velvet glove is what i tell my girls. none of that indecent scrapping lol

Morning

I've got me a few sore muscles this morning after my brief kettlebell workout last night - mostly my shoulders, due to my scoli problems I get very tight bound up shoulder/neck muscles, so I'm thinking its good that I obviously got some movement out of them. Looking forward to another go with my kettlebell this afternoon.

Little miss had a good nights sleep, but woke up this morning with another fever. So here I am at work super early again. Will take her home with me at 11 today though because I think she needs some quiet time at home. Poor little monkey.

Found out last night that two of my sister in laws are flying in today (one is a suprise all the way from Dubai). I really like them for the most part, but they do make me feel so inadequate, specially in the eyes of mother in law. They are both super fit, never eat anything (at all), have perfect homes and perfect children and perfect husbands. Bah! Together, their combined weight probably wouldn't be much over 85kg, and they have gorgous bodies. I, however, live in the real world.............so this afternoon I'm going to have to race around the house cleaning the mould off the windows and weed spraying the garden, and scrubbing the bathroom grout with a toothbrush. All so I wont feel the shame when they come over 'unexpectedly' in the next week. Oh and I'm not supposed to know about this suprise, so I'll have to work on my 'OMG' face

LizzieLou - no stressing. One thing I am learning as I get older - is, if people don't like us for who and what we are, are they really worth putting valuable time into ?????? when we could be kettlebelling !!!!!

hope the wee poppet is feeling better by the minute !!!!
    G

oh yes and Seaweed, we can still have a bloody good arm wrestle whilst fluffing the hair, pouting the lips and wearing high heel shoes - so none of this "I am a lady" stuff. In fact we could have a quick tussle whilst in our super good clothes - i can't wait !!!!! left arm and right arm thank you !!!!!! However i will stop at the leg wrestle, I so don't like those ones !!!!!!

smiles very sweetly, just like a lady should !!!!!!

...small steps....

Maybe I should challenge the SIL's to an arm wrestle? They'd probably kick my arse though, given the hours they spend in the gym. Mind you the malnutrition might go against them, so there might be hope.