Page 512 of 536 FirstFirst ... 12412462502510511512513514522 ... LastLast
Results 5,111 to 5,120 of 5355

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 512

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Thanks seas - I have a session with a new PT on Wednesday morning, so I'll get him to help me with them.

In other news - naturally the dog ended up with an infected paw . She's on antibiotics now, and looking quite grotty - I think they might be making her feel awful as well as the paw. No zoomies for her for a while!!
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    hi guys, sorry I have been AWOL again !!!!!!! Akaroa this time. dad swam the 2.8km harbour race and got second in his age group. He is 78 yeras young, and completed the swim in 56minutes. I thoufght that was amazing !!!!!!!!!

anyway hope you are all good
    ........and Seas that cake was FANTASTIC - clever you !!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    In other news - naturally the dog ended up with an infected paw . She's on antibiotics now, and looking quite grotty - I think they might be making her feel awful as well as the paw. No zoomies for her for a while!!
    Aw, poor puppy
    Hope she's back to full zooming capability soon Jac.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    hi guys, sorry I have been AWOL again !!!!!!! Akaroa this time. dad swam the 2.8km harbour race and got second in his age group. He is 78 yeras young, and completed the swim in 56minutes. I thoufght that was amazing !!!!!!!!!

anyway hope you are all good
    ........and Seas that cake was FANTASTIC - clever you !!!!!!!!
    Wow, that is outstanding Gwamma!

Just got home myself this morning. My parents fly home tonight after visiting for a few weeks. Somehow I've managed to put over 1.5" on while they've been here, which socks a little as we were supposed to using their visit to reinforce their primal diet
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    dad swam the 2.8km harbour race and got second in his age group. He is 78 yeras young, and completed the swim in 56minutes.
    we went in at akaroa harbour on our way up north on the fishing boat when I went away tuna fishing a few years back. we got followed in by a pod of hector's dolphins. totally unreal as they all had scars all across their back and I so wondered why they made a bee line for the boat and the surfed along with us right next to the prow. one of the old farmers here told me when I got home that they get high on the oxygen bubbles from the boat which must be the only rational reason as they were definitely on a mission. and that G is incredibly impressive. Swimming in the ocean, even a harbour, is way harder than swimming in a pool and I reckon a lot of people half his age couldn't manage it, let alone in that time! way to go!!!

I acquired me a proper BBQ today off my neighbour who is leaving the country. OMG it has gas burners and hot plates and well. no more cooking on the fire if I want to BBQ at home! I have to make the kids roast pork for dinner as they wanted it but we're having BBQ for the rest of the week. recipes welcome.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    we went in at akaroa harbour on our way up north on the fishing boat when I went away tuna fishing a few years back. we got followed in by a pod of hector's dolphins. totally unreal as they all had scars all across their back and I so wondered why they made a bee line for the boat and the surfed along with us right next to the prow. one of the old farmers here told me when I got home that they get high on the oxygen bubbles from the boat which must be the only rational reason as they were definitely on a mission. and that G is incredibly impressive. Swimming in the ocean, even a harbour, is way harder than swimming in a pool and I reckon a lot of people half his age couldn't manage it, let alone in that time! way to go!!!

I acquired me a proper BBQ today off my neighbour who is leaving the country. OMG it has gas burners and hot plates and well. no more cooking on the fire if I want to BBQ at home! I have to make the kids roast pork for dinner as they wanted it but we're having BBQ for the rest of the week. recipes welcome.
    mmmmmmm grilled meat..... gas grills are ok, the flavor is good, but meat cooked over a wood fire or charcoal tastes soooo much better.... it is a much bigger bother, but I prefer wood grilled meats....

as far a recipes go, I am a simple man (some say simple minded, but hey, whatever) Simple, as it salt pepper and garlic. Done. Salt the meat about 20-30 minutes before cooking to let it pull a bit of moisture out of the meat and the salt infuse, and chuck it on the grill.... I use Lawry's season salt, but sea salt or fine kosher salt works well too.....

cooking things low and slow, for me, takes a dry rub.... when I do a brisket I use brown sugar, chili powder, garlic, salt pepper maybe a little dry mustard powder. you could do that to ribs as well.... and then there is wood smoke... oak or hickory is what I normally use, different eats like different things.... pork likes cherry, apple, pecan... chicken can take fruit woods, but nut tree woods work well too. Sausages, I would use oak or hickory on.... Some folks like their smoke thiiiick, some like it with just a touch... I am in the heavier camp, personally...

yumm!!! it has been too windy and nasty out here by the time we get to the evening to bbq anything. I prefer food cooked over a fire to everything. I do usually use drift wood LOL so not very technical and I cant tell you what it is as it washes up. I don't get that much op to go cook at the beach these days. the weather has been bad, the kids are too old to want to haul down the beach in the middle of the night, the man is a townie ( I know! ) for the smoker I think I've usually used manuka sawdust. manuka is a native scrub tree. a primary coloniser. Manuka/kahikatoa and kanuka: Native plants I think I am more in the heavy smoke camp too.

when I do a brisket I use brown sugar, chili powder, garlic, salt pepper maybe a little dry mustard powder. you could do that to ribs as well.... and then there is wood smoke... oak or hickory is what I normally use, different eats like
    I haven't a show of getting any venison ribs. the last few I tried I didn't really like. and the dog will monster an entire rib cage and spine overnight so I cant deprive him. that is also quite a feat as they have a soft mouth. I may see if I can find some free range pork ribs as my youngest likes them. brisket is just a lump of meat? I have 4 large lumps of venison of the back leg of the deer that I left whole.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    yumm!!! it has been too windy and nasty out here by the time we get to the evening to bbq anything. I prefer food cooked over a fire to everything. I do usually use drift wood LOL so not very technical and I cant tell you what it is as it washes up. I don't get that much op to go cook at the beach these days. the weather has been bad, the kids are too old to want to haul down the beach in the middle of the night, the man is a townie ( I know! ) for the smoker I think I've usually used manuka sawdust. manuka is a native scrub tree. a primary coloniser. Manuka/kahikatoa and kanuka: Native plants I think I am more in the heavy smoke camp too.

I haven't a show of getting any venison ribs. the last few I tried I didn't really like. and the dog will monster an entire rib cage and spine overnight so I cant deprive him. that is also quite a feat as they have a soft mouth. I may see if I can find some free range pork ribs as my youngest likes them. brisket is just a lump of meat? I have 4 large lumps of venison of the back leg of the deer that I left whole.
    What is beef brisket? Brisket cuts.

ah I make venison sausages with that bit if I get it as it is one of the only fatty bits on a deer or i give it to the dog he does get incredibly spoilt but, since he almost costs as much as a small child to feed, it is cost effective for me to give him the venison we get. it is also his target prey species.

quiet day today. I am still teaching my 13 yr old to drive. we've been off roading thru paddocks out the back of the beach and also a bit of gravel driving. gym day tomorrow which I am very much looking forward to. as ever.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Gwamma, your dad is so cool! Congrats also on your weight loss - you rock, and you'd be one sexy awesome Gwamma whether skinny, normal, or pudgy!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.