Page 51 of 533 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 51

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Zoebird, that is fantastic that he is recognising letters, and working out his mothers little secrets. Keep doing what you are doing - cos its working really well !
    and being afraid of water at his age, is also a positive. Some children are too cocky at a young age, and end up getting into trouble in the water. A little bit of caution goes a long way !!!

LizzieLou, did you manage to get a kettlebell?
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Wow he does sound like bright cookie! Neither of my two have shown any early aptitude for anything like that, although my son has always been ahead of the game with his physical ability. Keep persevering with the swimming, both my two have gone through fazes of hating their lessons but both love them now. It would have been so easy to give up, but we kept going every week. I think it is a most important skill to have.

Oh dear, I am home now with a very miserable little girl who is dozing in the bed next to me. Her resp rate is quite high, and her temp soaring so I think we will spend our arvo in the drs. Just waiting to pick up my big boy from school first - he'll be gutted that we can 't go straight home and play with his friend from up the road.

I did manage to pick up my kettlebell on the way home so I've got a new toy to play with this evening.

brilliant LizzieLou, and I so agree with you about the swimming. It is a VERY important skill to have !
    I know so many people my age who cannot even do dog paddle !!!!! not good !

...small steps....

[QUOTE=NZ primal Gwamma;978862]brilliant LizzieLou, QUOTE]

sorry LizzieLou - I mean about the kettlebell, not about your wee unwell poppet. I so hope she is feeling better soon
    G x

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Lizzielou i hope she is feeling better soon. sick kids are no fun. let us know how the kettlebelling goes. i will be very interested to see how you all use them. i've been doing sets of 3 double arm casts with my clubbells which is insanely hard but i can at least do 3 at a time now. i tried some swings with a 6kg dumbbell to mimic a kettlebell as i got bored while i was waiting for something from work today. the difference between them and a clubbell barbarian squat is i feel my abs far more with the clubbell. my arms and shoulders work far harder and my forearms and grip are really tested. there is also no upward momentum on the movement from swinging the kettlebell, just the downward squatting. have you both just got one kettlebell? i am gonna keep an eye on trademe for someone selling any locally second hand but i am not holding my breath.

Yep I have only got the one Seaweed. I came across some exersizes a while ago on MDA somewhere, but can't find them again....dipsy me...... anyways I will get a wee routine going and keep you posted.
    haven't planked in a few days......... later

...small steps....

lol i havent planked either. i did some dumbbell stuff today that i came across. Bodybuilding.com - The Complete Dumbbell Workout! the intermediate one off there with 6kg dumbbells. the problem i found was the 6kgs were way too light for the lunges and squats but nasty heavy for the side raises. i can do them but i cant do the full ROM after a few reps. i did a few sets of 3 double arm casts with my clubbells and took the dog for a 6k walk too which was nowhere near as peaceful as i was expecting as it was so horrid and windy.

I ended up just buying one 6 kg. Not sure what exercises I'm going to do regularly, but I've started with this workout: YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.. Interesting, I just discovered my left leg is much weaker than the other. I had an old hockey injury when I was a teenager and I'm wondering if that has left some residual weakness all these years later?

Little miss had the check over by the dr, who has declared a viral infection in her throat and ears. Just gotta wait it out, poor wee poppet. She actually asked to go to bed at 6.20pm, which is a phrase never uttered in the house before, and certainly not ever 40 mins before bedtime! I called my mother in law to see if she'd look after her tomorrow, but noooooo......I should just take the day off apparently - like I didn't just spend the last two days with her clinging to me. Unfortunately both kids had chicken pox this winter ( at different times) and with the usual winter colds and infections my sick leave is quickly dwindling. Oh well.

i found this which you can do with kettlebells which looks good Untying the 4 Knots: Jon Engum's 4 Weeks to Flexible Steel Program | Breaking Muscle it is a bummer when kids get sick and you have to work. my left leg and also my left arm is weaker than the right side. i am left handed too. i didnt work it out till i started to do dumbbells and things like one legged leg presses. i start all my strength work on my left hand side. so i will do stuff like one legged leg presses starting on the left but i use the same weight on both sides.

Sounds like one sided weakness might be somewhat normal then? Well it gives me something to work on I suppose.

Thanks for those links I'll check them out now.