Page 509 of 535 FirstFirst ... 9409459499507508509510511519 ... LastLast
Results 5,081 to 5,090 of 5341

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 509

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    yep i think the boyz and middle daughter (if she joins us) will be taking guns and fishing lines. I am happy cooking on the camp fire ! I have an iron grill that I will be taking but I might also have to take a cast iron fry pan. But all this extra weight !!!!!!! if I lose another 5kg between now and then, thou, then I can stick it in a pocket and no-one will know !!!!! LOL
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    you can cook anything on a camp fire. if you are by the sea, you can use bull kelp instead of a pot. cabbage tree I guess if you are not. your 2 cornered kete making skills would come in handy there. or just roll it in clay and bake.

beaut day here. me and the dog have done the beach and avoided the 5+ sealions who appear to have moved in. I've done the block on my own in the sun too. I made me and the dog some liver for lunch. for some reason it no longer tastes nice so I am gonna have to go back to chicken livers I think and holding my nose while I eat it.

if I lose another 5kg between now and then, thou, then I can stick it in a pocket and no-one will know !!!!! LOL
    my oldest is hell scrawny. she was flying to Auckland once and her luggage was something like 3kgs over and the air NZ woman was abusing her. whilst this was going on a hugely obese woman who probably weighed almost 3x dd's weight came and checked in to fly. there is no logic!

Kiwigalnz is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Thanx Badger. I have only noticed this happening over the last week or two. Maybe this clean eating has me more tuned into the old body!!!!!
    Hi, just catching up with the thread as I haven't been in here for a while. I know exactly what you're talking about Gwamma ... it's been a while and I don't like those mean old flushes coming back. Seems to have calmed down since I started eating a raw carrot by itself every day ... balances the high levels of estrogen in women, children and men, due to our lousy way of eating. Balance Hormones with a Raw Carrot a Day

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like an awesome trip Gwamma! And yay for the 6kgs too.

I actually think the RS stuff is more for people who eat low carb?? I eat kumara most days, potatoes and rice sometimes. I don't think I care all that much, and certainly not enough to add a new supplement. I do like the texture of sago, though - could be an excuse to make some with creamy milk and maple syrup (Gwamma, don't read that ). I also tried plantains, which were totally awesome fried in coconut oil and salted. I haven't seen them in our local supermarket lately though. Gawd, anyone think I'm craving carbs??? Exercise has a lot to answer for
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Gawd, anyone think I'm craving carbs??? Exercise has a lot to answer for
    I did it all for several years on ultra low carb. total head control. you know you can do it, so you continue to do it. it does make you realise what you can achieve if you manage to get by like that. sago pudding made like rice pudding is so good. as is rice pudding with aborio rice. and it is still paleo as rice is now paleo LOL I did find a recipe for a rice cake which was gluten free naturally which was effectively cooled rice pudding, raisins, eggs, orange liquer and a bit of zest baked into a cake.

we're still eating our way thru bambi here so as we can fit it all in the freezer. venison 1001. I also finally managed to go for a ride on the hog in my daisys. I have joked about it for years but I had an hour to kill so I went for a ride. no one managed to crash near me so I think no one noticed.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    I've missed some good reading while I was out bush.
    Gwamma, great work on the weight loss and your determination to continue.
    Misabi in Oz, lucky you.
    Canola oil yuk, Yuk, YUK.
    Venison, Yum.
    Another good reason to eat carrots.
    But Sago???? Really Jac, how can you call that a lovely texture? it's gross.

Rice pudding cake, can I have the recipe please Seas? I think my dd would like it for breakfast. She stirs up some kind of concoction and seems to enjoy eating it but I"m sure it could be improved.

BBC - Food - Recipes : Orange rice cake i never used the orange liquer and i make my rice pudding with honey always so i didn't use any sugar. awesome going out bush. lucky you. I've been stuck in paradise here so i cant complain. misty misty morning here. my new blender arrived too. woohoo!!! i fried the other one the other day which was very irritating. this is how good the dogs nose is too. he goes out for a pee. straight out under the leanto onto the lawn. his nose starts twitching and he turns around, back under the leanto and finds the box the courier left. he can smell the birds on the flax flowers and that fly low overhead too.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    That sounds great, they have been missing baking. I hope I can cook the rice in milk without ruining it. Usually I would slowly bake it in the oven, I suppose I still could?

yeah I do that as I find if I slow cook it on the stove top the pot burns if I don't constantly stir it once the liquid gets absorbed by the rice.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Dropping by to give Gwamma a hug of solidarity. Yay! DB is back on the boards.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.