Page 50 of 535 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 50

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    yes it is sunday too!!! dont worry i did nothing today either except eat and drink way too much coffee again. felt like i was crawling thru treacle the whole day. now what are you planning on doing with your kettlebells? i have only ever used them to do swings and i use them as weights to do lunges so i cant really justify the expense for home.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i ate too much chocolate with DS and ended up giving myself a headache and a stomach ache.

have you ever read the hungry caterpillar to your ds zoebird? you reminded me of that. my kids all loved it.

gwamma in a twist of synchronicity there are a couple of kettlebell threads in the fitness forum lol i just need a cheap one now off trademe to play with. i still prefer my club bells tho and now school is back..i can walk!!! except this morning it was so windy i nearly got airborne a few times as my hunting jacket is windproof which means it stops the wind.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Morning Ladies

Well it looks like the weather didn't improve for the start of our new week - still raining here in NPL, and windy too.

I have a sicky 3yo, so had to start work super early this morning. Hubby will drop her off to me at 11am before he starts work then we only have to hang out here for a couple of hours. I have a few shopping errands to do for work so at least we can get out in the car instead of hanging around in my boring office.

Actually its been a very boring morning so far (probably because noone expects me to be at work until 9.15), so I did a wee bit of retail therapy - Discount Perfume, Skincare & Makeup - StrawberryNET.com (USA) for shampoo, conditioner and night cream, then Home - Pomeroys Coffee for 1kg of coffee beans, then Hazeltree - Home for a new wrap around skirt made from vintage sari fabric. I'd better stop before my credit card gets too exausted!

Gwamma - how much did your kettlebell cost? Do you need two or just one?
    Seaweed - where did you get your clubbells from?

I'm quite interested in getting me some exercise stuff for home seeing as my friggin toe is not letting me get out and walk/run at the moment. I'll youtube some kettlebell/clubbell rountines at home later (computer at work too slow for youtube) and see what looks good.

i got my clubbells from a place called supasport who i think are in both chch and auckland. google them. i rung their 0800 number and credit carded it. the smallest size is 6kgs. i got a pair as the shipping was almost the same for one or two. you can make do with one. bear in mind the 6kgs ones are quite hard to do double arm casts with and i train heaps but i am getting there slowly. if you dont do weights lots, it may pay just to get one and do stuff like barbarian squats and flag presses with it. you can do lots of stuff at home with dumbbells too and you can usually get cheap second hand ones off trademe. my only issue now is i need bigger than 6kg dumbbells and i havent seen any locally on trademe. clubbells are very different to kettlebells and they are very different to dumbbells.

have you tried the decaf coffee from pomeroys lizzielou? i am off retail therapy this month. rates, regional council rates and rego on two vehicles is cramping my style totally lol

Decaf coffee......??? whats the point? LOL No I've literally never had decaf, I don't fine normal coffee affects me much unless I have lots and its super fresh (like straight from the roaster) so I don't have any need to drink it.

Ouch rates are horrible! I've been delving into a rates problem at work this year, as our council have changed their rating system so now, though a very complicated way, we have had our rates nearly double. This is costing my residents each about $500 extra a year (on top of what they already paid), and they can't get the rebate because they don't own their villa's. Its complicated, but we are hoping to present a submission to our council later this month to convince them to provide us with a discount.....not counting on that though.

lmao decaf coffee is for us people with serious addictions to the taste. decaf instant is vile and i have only even found one decaf bean i liked. so if i am feeling good, i will have one cup of caffeinated and then the rest decaf for the day. i dont like herb teas or stuff like that and i find if i have coffee, even if it is a decent decaf, as it is the flavour i like, i then dont feel all deprived and eat all sorts of things i shouldnt be eating.

i so dislike our council. it is like they have a captive clientelle and can do what they want. then they put bumbling idiots on the front desk and you cant abuse them as they arent responsible.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    have you ever read the hungry caterpillar to your ds zoebird? you reminded me of that. my kids all loved it.

gwamma in a twist of synchronicity there are a couple of kettlebell threads in the fitness forum lol i just need a cheap one now off trademe to play with. i still prefer my club bells tho and now school is back..i can walk!!! except this morning it was so windy i nearly got airborne a few times as my hunting jacket is windproof which means it stops the wind.
    I so love the very hungry catepillar, and Wombat stew, and the wide mouth frog. Best stories ever - oh and our own Hairy Mcleary from Donaldsons dairy !!!!!! I do some damned good renditions, if anyone ever wants a bed time story !!!!!!
    Am doing my homework on kettlebell threads !!!

[QUOTE=Lizzielou;978633]
    I have a sicky 3yo,

Gwamma - how much did your kettlebell cost? Do you need two or just one?

QUOTE]

the wee thing ! I hope it isn't anything nasty !!!!
    Kettlebell x 1 was $30 from rebel sport, and I have started with the 6kg. I have got some wee handhelds that I can change the weights to about 14 kg, but they are not easy to hold when trying to swing them - so I thought best to try one little old kettlebell and see how that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    i ate too much chocolate with DS and ended up giving myself a headache and a stomach ache.
    Chick-a-lix, thats not so great. Do the peppermint oil on the back of the neck trick, this might help the headache. And praps go a little easier on the chocolate. Me? I actually am loving my thinly sliced pork bellies, roasted in the oven !!! I would choose that over chocolate - any day LOL
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

righto, little missy has just been dropped off so we are heading out to get 'Happy Hour' supplies, drop a thankyou card off and pick up some pots/seedlings for our deck garden at work (I get a small allowance to grow my own salad stuff for lunches).

I've done a little research and I think I'll stop off at Rebel and get a kettlebell.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I just wait them out, as ever. It's the second one this week. LOL I'm under stress, obviously. he first one was caused by 5 gummy dinosaurs, and this last one by white chocolate. Figures.

Otherwise, doing well. taking the kiddo swimming today. he's so excited. But can I tell you that he freaks me out. He's quite good with his alphabet and with his numbers. He can identify a lot of them.

So today, I say to Ryan "why don't you pack the S-W-I-M T-O-G-S just in case we can go." And DS goes: Yay! Swim togs! We're going swimming! Yay!

Well, spelling secrets it out. He's only 4. How did he figure it?

My mother, btw, always blows it. LOL we skype and I'll say "yes, on tuesday we are going b-o-w-l-i-n-g" and my mom goes 'oh, bowling, awesome." And DS goes YAY Bowling!

But apparently he can now get the gist after a few letters and puts the rest together in his head (logic, really). It's a bit freaky.

Also, his new deal is making his own "puzzle book" puzzles. Ah, the deep blessing of a super-smart kid. He's cute.

Afraid of water, though. So swimming should be fun.