Page 48 of 532 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 48

NZ primal Gwamma is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Cordof hi, where is here ?????? Its snowing in Fairlie, so not sure if I will make it to the grandsons birthday tomorrow ?????

Enjoy the baking, and I will shout you a nice bottle of merlot Seaweed, but you have to come and drink it at mine !!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    nice and rainy here.

made a new client/friend, and then had the supervision. got really angry because 4 didn't show, though I was only angry at three because the other one told me that they weren't going to be able to make it ahead of time. no email, no phone message, nothing. it's really frustrating because it's free, you know?

anyway.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    well, scratch that, you know what? it's not free for ME to provide free teacher training AND free supervision to them. It costs me TIME which is a lot of money and a lot of value when you have a little one.

one went on "retreat" -- eff you. I want to go on retreat too, but, you know, I have to work.

the other two -- i don't know what htey did. I don't know where they are. I still haven't heard from them. GRRR.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    if we have somewhere we can lock my naughty dog so he doesnt pee on your curtains or go for a walk on his own, you could be on gwamma. i need a road trip one day when i dont have the kids or even when i do have them. no snow here. just rain and more rain and greyness.
    re: the butter chicken which has become ghee rig for pesco 30. you dont have to do it in the slow cooker. in fact it almost qualifies as fast food. 15 mins and you are done which is about the time it takes to steam some cauliflower for rice.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    We had torrential rain in the land of the Jaffa this morning, but cleared up around lunch time. Even had an hour or so gardening in the sun this arvo, but gale force winds. Just got back from walking the dogs (included a coue of sprints) and there are bits of trees all over the place and the black clouds have just rolled back in agein, looks like more rain :-(

Just started watching "Forks over knives"... Interesting and can see how someone with no idea about any of this could fall for the whole foods plant based diet being proscribed. I eat a plant based diet, it just usually has a piece of meat on top of it :-D
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    well, scratch that, you know what? it's not free for ME to provide free teacher training AND free supervision to them. It costs me TIME which is a lot of money and a lot of value when you have a little one.

one went on "retreat" -- eff you. I want to go on retreat too, but, you know, I have to work.

the other two -- i don't know what htey did. I don't know where they are. I still haven't heard from them. GRRR.
    Zoebird - I so hear what you are saying ! people are frustrating at the best of times, but that actually sux. A phone call wouldn't have been hard !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    if we have somewhere we can lock my naughty dog so he doesnt pee on your curtains or go for a walk on his own, you could be on gwamma. i need a road trip one day when i dont have the kids or even when i do have them. no snow here. just rain and more rain and greyness.
    re: the butter chicken which has become ghee rig for pesco 30. you dont have to do it in the slow cooker. in fact it almost qualifies as fast food. 15 mins and you are done which is about the time it takes to steam some cauliflower for rice.
    bring the kids. I will make sure the spa pool and swimming pool are all up and running. I can even take you through to hanmer !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    We had torrential rain in the land of the Jaffa this morning, but cleared up around lunch time. Even had an hour or so gardening in the sun this arvo, but gale force winds. Just got back from walking the dogs (included a coue of sprints) and there are bits of trees all over the place and the black clouds have just rolled back in agein, looks like more rain :-(

Misabi, hello my darling wee friend - how the hell are you ????? We so have a road trip organised, the food pretty much done, we just need the wheels, and the muscle - to make sure we girls don't do anything too naughty !!!!!!

I think Zoebird is in, Lizzielou is coming, AnnieH will join us when she gets back, heaps more pick ups on your way south and then we will plonk ourselves on Seaweed and outstay our welcome. Sounds like a plan to me !!!
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

...small steps....

bring the kids. I will make sure the spa pool and swimming pool are all up and running. I can even take you through to hanmer !!!!
    xxooxx lol we be into it. what about the dog? lol i have had such a s-l-o-w day with the weather. i have been googling steampunk costumes as the steam festival is on next weekend. i have some victorian boots and a steel boned corset so i may just sneak into the steam punk ball if i can find it. i am plotting to go see the new brad pitt movie when it comes out next week too lol i still think brad pitt is beautiful and he is older than me! i did some clubbells and some dumbbells but i still have basically just sat on my ass eating and drinking too much coffee with too much cream all day.
    hey gwamma did you find any clubbells at rebel sport? i looked on line at their catalogue and they dont have any there. i so want a slightly lighter than 6kg set so i can double shoulder cast more than 3x.

yep I got me a 6kg. It was almost too light but then I thought.... who the F are you kidding Gwamma !!!! start with the 6 and see where you get too........ so tomorrow I shall report back.....on muscle stiffness etc... !

...small steps....

Oh yep we have a very jealous dog, so if we tag team them, they should be fine off - one at a time ! LOL

...small steps....

my dog is a lover not a fighter. they get on with all other dogs. he's just annoying. and do you mean an actual proper clubbell? not a dumbbell? what other sizes did they have? they are deceptively heavy as all the weight is at the end. i can do iron crosses no problem with 6kg dumbbells but no freakn way with a pair of 6kg clubbells yet. barbarian squats are good for abs, arms and your ass all in one.