Page 478 of 535 FirstFirst ... 378428468476477478479480488528 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,780 of 5341

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 478

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I prefer men with facial hair but it's not the be all and end all. the food thing is hard G. it amazes me how much crap a lot of kiwi men eat. thankfully most of the ones around here tend to eat real food. even if they also consume a lot of bread and a lot of beer. you do have to pick your battles and all you can really do is lead by example.

the sun is still out here. I went for a swift walk/run around the 6k block on my own. not up to doing major crowd control with the dog and he's already had a run on the beach this morning. I've been making a special effort to walk as fast as I can or run on the edges up and over and down all the rocks to strengthen my ankles. deciding where to go swimming later right now.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    A question for you Seas......... Today my arms feel so much better, and i can straighten them again, however they feel like I have done a really hard workout, sore but a good sore..... Question is - today do I do some arm strength exercises ( just light ones, or should i leave the arms until friday ?????? Just to recover a weeny bit more ??????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

I tend to only do strength training when I am not sore. I walk and go up and down hills etc but not weights. I don't have any rational reason why but logically if you are healing and then you hammer it again, you will stress your body too much.

just been looking thru pics as I got some back today. I got a portrait off treatme and she also does arty glam pics so I got her to do some before I get too old and have to wear a big hat and red lippy and a flowery dress LOL unreal the way they came out. I am incredibly impressed and they aren't airbrushed. G you should get some taken for every 5kgs you lose. it would be a good record of your progress and fascinating to see the transformation. plus a good motivator.

You are right Seas, i should have some piccys done, but my " ask your mother" is HUuUuU gE, so maybe not !!!!!!!!!!
    Just fed DH steak and eggs for lunch, and now he's off up to Waipara with his little packet of scroggin. WIN !!!!!!!!!

Other newz..........we have this soda stream thing that never gets used, so I decided that carbonated water with added lemon juice will be my drink of choice while on my whole 30. I am presuming that drinking a bit of carbon aint gonna hurt me, but ???????
    Anyhoo picture this....... Bottle of water in the machine, Gwamma pushing the wee button to carbonate water, and then BAM the waterbottle explodes. Holy guacamoly - the water went for miles, all over the kitchen, all over gwamma, and then youngest pops her head round the door and laughs so much she almost wets her pants !!!!!!!!!!
    Bloody Gwamma is to blame of course cos she put the bottles in the dishwasher - stooooooopid Gwamma!!!!!!

...small steps....

LOL a case of too much technology! the only dishwasher I have ever owned, bar a new one which never got plumbed in before I left in the house we built, has been myself. carbonated mineral water is not too expensive and you can get lemon and also lime flavour now.

G you might think your butt is huge but seriously, if you document it and have milestones, you will really appreciate the progress visually and have a goal. just look on it as art. do it tasty and black and white to begin with and work your way down.

off to nude sunbathe. I should be working but I need my vit D. 10 mins each side.

My kitchen has two dishwashers !!!!!! I think the americans built it as an entertaining house !!!!!!!!! I no complain.........
    I dont put the soda stream shit into my carb water, just good old lemon juice straight from the lemon. And yes its a weeny bit tart, but you get over that as quick as.

Just done my own wee PT session, with me, myself and the four little kittens. Managed to adjust my equipment to do all the exercises. Press-ups were the culprit for my arms, so only did wall ones today - very easy, but could feel it in my shoulders and tris.
    Anyway i can tick today off.......
    "
    Enjoy the top less sunbathe Seas............... *pppppsssssttttttt boyz, BOYZ..... Cute grandma on beach with puppies out !!!!! *

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwigalnz View Post
    Annie, I just received an email today for a free e-book of patterns and there's a 5-size pattern for slippers in it. Easy Knits: 7 Free Easy Knitting Patterns

Have a look and see if it's your style.
    Maz i meant to say t'otherr day, a huge thank you for that link. Absolutely love some of the patterns. Now i need to find some time to knit some slippers !!!!!!!!
    How are yours coming along Annie???????
    Are we still gonna start up a bitch and stitch group ??????? We could sit round in the candle lite - very primal..........

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    LL way to go on the weight loss............. The knives are out.................. I love me a competition !!!!!!
    I have thirty kgs to lose total, 2 down, whats your number L L ??????
    I need to loose about 6kg in total to get back to my pre Brunei weight, but I'd be happy with 7kg. I'm 3 down already so only another 3or4 to go until goal reached. I'm getting tired of this whole 30 business though, I've just got no energy at all at the gym even though I've upped my carbs and fat. Will just have to wait it out I suppose.

Having an uber annoying morning trying to locate at least three parcels that have gone missing since arriving in the Brunei postal system! The lady at the post office just looked at me like it was all my fault (when it is her post office that have stuffed up) and demanded that I supply her with tracking numbers. So now we've got to email everyone and get numbers (if they have them) so we can trace parcels containing Christmas presents that are so late it's taken the joy out of it all! This must be the angry stage of whole 30?

Gwamma, I'm glad your DH's wee surgery went well. Not much fun eh!

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Oh and Gwamma, I love my soda stream! Can't get the canisters here in Brunei though so I have to buy trays of canned soda water, which annoys the crap outa me because we can't recycle here. But I'm pretty sure soda water is just fine on Whole 30, I drink lots of it anyway.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Great thanx for that LL. I so hope you find those parcels sooner rather than later. Sounds like the postal service is a bitch all over the world !!!!!!!!!!!
    I haven't found this whole 12 days too daunting at all - yet!!!!!!
    But it can get a bit boring if you haven't got the variety in the house. I have upped my seafood, and loving prawns especially at the moment.

Good luck with the parcel tracking

...small steps....