Page 476 of 535 FirstFirst ... 376426466474475476477478486526 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,760 of 5341

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 476

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I am just so incredibly unfit Seas.
    Today we ran up the stairs, walked down then did 12 squats, all of this x5
    Then we did sit ups, with an arch in my lower back, 3 sets of 12
    Then did some oblique work, 3 sets of 12 .
    I will only go once a week, but need to do the workouts in my own gym another two x per weeks. I will give this a go for 10 weeks with this PT and then if i am gettig stronger review, and look at upping my intensity.
    If i go like a bull at a gate to start with thou, i might fizzle.............. So we shall see
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    that all sounds very bull at the gateish to me but then i do hate all that HIIT circuiting stuff. i prefer more the medatitive quality of doing big weights. when i studied personal training btw my assessor had a go at me as i didn't push my client enough. he'd ducked out to take a register and missed her telling me she didn't feel well. she looked pale and already had very high blood pressure. i know my personal limits. i will, if necessary refuse to do things. my trainer too has worked for years in the industry and knows lots of prehab. so if i have something dodgy or hurt, we do something else. we stop part way thru even if something is hurting and do something different. it is incredibly important not to injure yourself or burn out and to nuture your love of training.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    day 8 or 9 today, and 2kgs down...........lets stick with it !!!!!!!!
    *claps heartily*

Need to go purchase some new scales so that I can check up on myself. The scales at the hotel in Abu Dhabi gave me a shocker, hence the whole 30 thing.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    2kgs Gwamma? Outstanding!
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, that's super, and so are your fitness efforts. Please don't get injured, you need to be able to keep at it while you build your habits and technique and strength. Go, Gwamma...

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations Gwamma! I think you're a beast.

(And seaweed the training world needs more people like you! I worked at a gym (front desk lol) with some incredibly intelligent, cognizant trainers. They were awesome coworkers.)

I love my little cheer leading squad........frank you frank you frank you for. L your good wishes.
    Hey and guess what , my arm is not quite so sore this a.m., i still cannot straighten it, but its not as sore, so yay for me.
    I cannot believe how well this whole 30 is going, althou i need a few more ideas for snacks. I was really peckish last night, but stuck with an extra apple and some raw cashews.

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    can you have some berries, cherries or stone fruit as a snack G? they are all so good right now. I got some plumcots from the farmer's market which are a plum x apricot and they are divine. still at home this morning. it was so windy when i got up that i didn't fancy the beach in a sand storm again. i will go later or do the block at lunch and then run the dog this evening.

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Wow, G - that's a hell of a workout (from one unfit gwamma to another) and exactly why I don't think I could go to a PT. Great weight loss, though!!

I'm really ticklish, too - but have found that it's mostly because of slight soreness/sensitivity. When I have a massage it progresses from ticklish to sore very quickly, then as they work through it it starts to feel really relaxed. I haven't had a massage in ages, so this whole conversation has started me wanting one!!

Today is the first 'back to normal' day for me - work has started, but yesterday I had to go to town and spend the day racing around doing catch-up stuff. Today the house is quiet and I have the whole day ahead of me. The question is, do I focus on reading/writing, or take a 'me' day?? Decisions, decisions
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

take a ME day Jac, they are good for the soul !!!!!!
    I do have a few berries Seas, and so I might factor them in. I haven't eaten this many veges and fruit for a long time, and am actually enjoying the change.
    The wee kittens are now about three weeks old, and wobbling around the garage. If I introduce them into the house, our other two cats will start peeing and pooping all over, and I so cannot be bothered with that. they are happy in the garage, its all lined and warm and cosy.
    If anyone wants one...... I am sure we can send it NZ wide !!!!!!!!
    I know that with the whole 30 you are not meant to weigh, however its a habit that I cannot stop - just yet. So another .4kg down over night. Is it water weight, or muscles continuing to work after the workout !!!!!!!
    I find all this n = 1 stuff fascinating........when it works.
    I will try for a massage at some stage, however it would take a bit to stop me jumping at any little touch - but its on the 2014 to do list.
    off for a walk in a minute..............

...small steps....