Page 47 of 535 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 47

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    the only time i ever directly exercise my abs is when i do the ab wheel occasionally at the end of my gym session. 3 sets of 10 roll outs. it appeals to my masochistic nature as it hurts but it is doable. the theory is all movement comes from the core. so i go up and down hills as i reckon you steer with your abs. you also do things like climb and things that involve balance far more if you engage your abs so just focus on what they are doing when you do stuff.

back to swimming. i looked up my salt water pool. it says it is a mixture of salt and chlorinated water. it is outdoors and is heated to 28 deg C and is 25m long. so 40 lengths would be a kilometre. i dont know how far people who swim in pools swim? but maybe i could do an hour or less a week. not much else to do there as it is only 1.4m deep at the deepest bit. since it is outdoors, i would be forced to do half on my front and half on my back to make sure i didnt get an uneven tan lol there is also the inlet near me which i am going to scope out for the summer hols as that really is salt water and the kids can play there. project for the summer exercisewise is try to do more swimming!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    40 lengths several times per week would be fantastic. Our pool is only 14 mtrs long, but its 20minutes to go to the nearest public pool, so I might just have to tumble turn alot more !!!!!!

Having guests tonight for dinner - totally primal except for the rice. Everything else will be 100% P-R-I-M-A-L, even thou the guests are not primal. So I don't need to eat the rice, but I will go overboard on everything else !!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

starting to feel like we are back in the dead of winter here. nasty rain, cold wind and grey grey skies. what did you make for dinner gwamma?

Actually its freezing here too Seaweed. Am off to Fairlie tomorrow, so I might have to take the 4 wheel drive, and the chains !!!
    Firstly we had a platter - salmon, thinly sliced meat, strawberries, grapes, homemade aioli, carrot sticks, nuts and cheese - with a mulled wine mixture and then for dinner we had butter chicken, rice, roast kumara, mushrooms, asparagas and a BAS.
    Dessert was yoghurt and berries..... so I of course didn't eat the rice or yoghurt, or the mulled wine - but it was a lovely night !
    I had the candles burning and some 70/80s music playing ....... a very nice night !
    Am off into rebel sport today to get a club bell. Not sure what size to get, but have been trying to use my handheld free weights and they are just not cutting it - so hence todays trip. I love the muscle definition that Karen has (TV 1 weather girl), on her arms - so that is my aim
    We shall see !!
    Batten down those hatches Seaweed - its getting wild here

...small steps....

does rebel sport do clubbells? let me know as we have one here and i love mine. clubbells are good for doing core at the same time as everything else. no more boring planks coz you have to covered in a more holistic way. i have always had muscle definition in my arms but it has sharpened up and my triceps have totally tightened up from doing the big weights only once a week. get some dumbbells and do 10 reps of dumbbell punches, 10 lateral raises, 10 front raises, 10 bent over rows and 10 arnold presses with the heaviest weight you can eg 5kgs. then drop it to say 3kgs and do 20 reps of each exercise 2 more times thru. throw in some sets of 20s body wieght bench dips. mixed with some hammer curls with a 5 or 6kg weight. sets of 10 top half, 10 bottom half and 10 full range. do a bit of boxing bag punching too and you will have arms like madonna in no time!

if you keep making dinners like that, i am coming for a drive! i had creamed paua with zucchini noodles for lunch. am thinking about more buttered rig for dinner. but i also have some fresh moki steaks so i may have to eat them.

Yep I have got some free weights and I do some one arm pulls (lawn mower starts ?) every so often, only with a 10kg, but i will copy and paste your suggestions, and see where that goes. I also have a punch bag in my wee home gym, so I could get that going ??? Thanx Seaweed I am good to go !!!!, well I will be when I have done a few weeks of this lot !!!! LOL

...small steps....

Oh and you can come for dinner anytime. Also have plenty of spare beds, some "alive" home kill, and a good selection of undrunk whiskey !!!! LOL

...small steps....

i love my punchbag. one of my male friends who was a bit of a scrapper back in the day told me to always aim for the back of the head. i have boxing gloves and i aim for the back of the bag. which hurts my arms and shoulders the next day lol my gym also has these punch bags on elastics from the ceiling. they bounce back at you and are great fun. much better i reckon for co-ordination than mine which is just a big old kick boxing bag on a chain. remember while you are boxing and doing your pull starts to focus on keeping your abs engaged.

oh god i do not need more whisky! i was having a wierd desire for a single glass of decent decent merlot yesterday. i drove on by the bottle shop as i had no money anyways. but a mulled merlot now in this weather with some mutton roast and a whole stack of veges would be incredibly nice i reckon.

Cordof is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Rain, rain & more rain here. Going to spend some time in the kitchen doing some primal baking