Page 469 of 534 FirstFirst ... 369419459467468469470471479519 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,690 of 5331

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 469

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Any southpaw knitters out there? I've never been able to learn, no matter how hard I watch other people click-clacking away.
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    with you there!!! specially on a blanket. i am left handed. i don't need left handed things like pens and scissors and i write with my hand in the normal place under the pen.
    I'm be a cak hander, not much of a knitter though....the only time it effected me writing was when I was trying to use a fountain pen, but that didn't last long....

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzielou View Post
    Just to show off a little......it was over 30c here today, and sunny.
    Grrrr, bloody show offs......

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    the only time it effected me writing was when I was trying to use a fountain pen, but that didn't last long....
    i am old enuf to have had to learn to write with a fountain pen. i always used the same ones everyone else did and never smudged the ink. i think i am ambidextrous as i can write with my right hand. i punch with my right hand and my right side is generally stronger than the left side. dad was left handed but they made him write with his right hand as it was considered evil. out of it or what! my dad is still the least evil man i have met in my life.

subtropical day again here LOL the dog is entranced with the sight of the horse in her cover so he keeps barking at her which would be entertaining if it wasn't so annoying. i do not need protecting from a small fat spotty horse doing her impression of a blue tank outside my kitchen window! off for a walk now too. we're off to get sand blasted on the beach and dodge a few sealions for fun.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Gwamma, do you have a pattern for those TV slippers that would fit my adult (size 7-7 1/2) foot.

I was using this one: Grandma's Knitted Slippers | FaveCrafts.com but even the size large is Not Quite Big Enuf. Actually I started with size medium and lengthened it to the large once I got under way. I have a feeling that just lengthening it even more would change the proportions in an odd way. So now I'm thinking I need to start again but then would I add stitches to the width also? What would you do??
    Annie i am a wee bit naughty with patterns and recipes. I tend to make them up as i go, and love the challenge. If i was making your sox, i would add more rows to the length and see where it takes me, but thats just me. However i will look out some patterns and see if i can post them on here.
    Wet and cold this morning, here in north canterbury. Having a wee decaf coff then off for a walk in the rain.
    I cannot believe how J and Doc are having those plummeting temps, and horrendous storms. Hopefully we won,t get a similar winter!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    That's COLD. Hope you're wrapping up. Do you even own a jersey?
    I have many black sweaters in various thicknesses, so layering works even though it makes me look a bit tubby. I went for a walk yesterday, and I guess my blood is still a bit thick from being a Northerner most of my life. People were dressed for winter, and here that means that everyone's clothes had visible creases from being in winter storage boxes. LOL. I had on a long sleeved shirt and a sweater and a pair of knockoff Uggs (and pants of course), and I was fine.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

i think we all do that G. i always used to get stress from the ex about "changing the recipe" LOL McDs was invented for those sorts of people. apparently it tastes the same the world over. my claim to fame is i have never had McDs in my life. what do you have in your decaf coffee G? hummingbird do a passable decaf and you can get it in beans and café l'affare do ground decaf which is good. i have also stumbled on a source of tongan coffee beans which are sun dried not wet extracted. they do still have caffeine in them but they are so good.

beach was a nightmare. not a sealion in sight but the paddock we have to cross to get there was full of a herd of cows and calves and the bull. he was the least of my worries. the dog tried to bail one of the cows that got too close. he was on the lead and was just being brave as he thought it was going to get me. he stood neatly behind me incredibly quickly when i told him to lol we made it thru the paddock but a total performance. on the way back, i skirted the fence and had to chuck the dog over a wired up gate into the nearby lifestyler's sheep to get back to the truck. deadlifting at the gym has its advantages as he is not light. no dramas there so i now need to plot my route tomorrow. back thru the sheep i think!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    I just buy the macona hast mere mmmmmmm, and i love the taste.
    I am chugging through the week on this no coffee, no dairy, no grains, no alcohol, no sugar, no processed foods- quite nicely.
    Althou now that i have stated that i will possibly have a huge binge !!!!!!!!
    Made some chicken/seaweed/spinach/celery soup for lunch. Very enjoyable !!!!!!!!

SEAS-------- desperate plea, did your PT know any decent PTs in Chch?????? I really need to ramp things up, and as much as i have my own gym at home, i need someone kicking my butt, just to get started.
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Yum Gwamma, I always choose Maccona if I'm doing instant, by far the best tasting. I'm really struggling with the coconut coffee thing, I normally start my day with a big mug of freshly brewed latte. Unfortunately it tastes like arse when made with coconut milk, so disappointing. Good thing I like my green and white tea without milk.

Got some bad bloating thing going on this morning, hope it stops soon!

Kids and DH all grumpy and tired this morning even though our sleep was a bit better finally. DS slept from 7.30pm until 6.35 am and still had to be woken for school which he left for looking like a zombie. I guess it caught up with him finally. DH is all pissed off with our maid because he can never find his gym gear and it's her fault and I'm just making excuses for her - apparently. Our drier broke down this week so the poor woman has three hours in which to do our washing, dry it on the line and fold it and put it away (along with all the other household chores) - he wouldn't know that this is pretty much impossible because he's never tried. Also he seems incapable of looking for the missing items other than wandering aimlessly around in his undies, sighing loudly, and whining about how useless the maid is.

Is this the grumpy stage of whole 30 I've been warned about?

G i asked him and he said he'd ask. i will email to remind him. the trick i think is to find someone who does all the body builders, power lifters and figure athletes. is there a gym in Chch they all go to train? that could be a place to start. as i have said before, avoid the women's gyms like the plague. you may end up being the lone old lady in a gym full of bros but they wont care. i usually keep different hours to most of them so i rarely see the entire crew out grunting and posing. quite the sight when you do! if your husband complains ( mine did lots ). tell him they are all gay.

i so don't like instant coffee and instant black coffee with no sugar would possibly push me over the edge. i had ribeye steak, low fat cottage cheese and cherry tomatoes for lunch with the remnants of the berries in cream and honey yoghurt and custard. feeling very stuffed but i am tired. way too many late nights. i tend to eat more to keep myself awake if i have been overdoing it.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    feeling very stuffed but i am tired. way too many late nights. i tend to eat more to keep myself awake if i have been overdoing it.
    I was just reading that this is a very common reason for failing during whole30. You mistake your bodies need for sleep with hunger and over indulge. They recommend that you just go with the flow and take a nap. Think I might just do that too, I've gone from bloated and sore to nauseated, and breakfast is just not going to happen so I might as well grab a quick nap while DH is at the gym and the kids are at school.

the kids are at school
    key phrase here! not only are mine not at school but i have to work too. dogs to walk etc etc so i can never take a nap. i am going to try for an early night but i am not optimistic.