Page 468 of 535 FirstFirst ... 368418458466467468469470478518 ... LastLast
Results 4,671 to 4,680 of 5350

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 468

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Ewwwwwww......acrylic! *shudders*
    with you there!!! specially on a blanket. i am left handed. i don't need left handed things like pens and scissors and i write with my hand in the normal place under the pen. however i did teach myself to knit and my stocking stitch always had a twist to it. i taught myself to knit into the back of the stitch to straighten it. i have since worked out how to knit properly like everyone else does as i used to have great problems with the places where you had to knit into the back of the stitch, as i already was. I've never noticed any differences in weaving based on which hand we write with.

still got the fire going here. it's glacially cold and windy and rainy on and off. where is the summer?!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Where is the summer you ask?????? Well it ain't at my place.........
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    it's not been here at all. maybe one or two days in the middle somewhere that got lost.i haven't see anyone doing hay yet either as it is still too wet for it to get a chance to dry between the rainy days.

Annieh is online now Senior Member
    thunder and rain here.

but I have to admit at least it's warm, my sleeveless linen dress is all I need.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    It's winter on this side of the world, but in my two and a half years here in the South, I've never seen it this cold.

That's -1C for those of you who don't use Fahrenheit.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

That's COLD. Hope you're wrapping up. Do you even own a jersey?

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    It's winter on this side of the world, but in my two and a half years here in the South, I've never seen it this cold.

That's -1C for those of you who don't use Fahrenheit.
    damn global warming...... Its 14 here.... in balmy Virginia.. that would be -9C here.... It wasn't this darn cold when I went to the North Pole! It was actually warmer...
    Last edited by ssn679doc; 01-08-2014 at 03:22 AM.

Gwamma, do you have a pattern for those TV slippers that would fit my adult (size 7-7 1/2) foot.

I was using this one: Grandma's Knitted Slippers | FaveCrafts.com but even the size large is Not Quite Big Enuf. Actually I started with size medium and lengthened it to the large once I got under way. I have a feeling that just lengthening it even more would change the proportions in an odd way. So now I'm thinking I need to start again but then would I add stitches to the width also? What would you do??
    Last edited by Annieh; 01-08-2014 at 04:25 AM.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Where is the summer you ask?????? Well it ain't at my place.........
    Just to show off a little......it was over 30c here today, and sunny.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Gwamma, do you have a pattern for those TV slippers that would fit my adult (size 7-7 1/2) foot.

I was using this one: Grandma's Knitted Slippers | FaveCrafts.com but even the size large is Not Quite Big Enuf. Actually I started with size medium and lengthened it to the large once I got under way. I have a feeling that just lengthening it even more would change the proportions in an odd way. So now I'm thinking I need to start again but then would I add stitches to the width also? What would you do??
    Are you on Ravelry.com? If you are I can send you a link to a couple of great bed sock patterns. Too tricky to adjust patterns IMO, you never know exactly how the end result will turn out.