Page 46 of 523 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 46

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    we have a salt one too but i have been told it is also still chlorinated. wet suits helping is a very relative thing. if you have to swim with icebergs, your wet suit needs to be so thick you cant really swim lol i seriously jumped into the inlet one summer day. it was so hot i could hardly walk on the sand on the beach bare foot. i jumped into the water. total immersion and almost stopped breathing from the shock of hitting the cold. the trick is to go when it is hot and the tide has been in all day so it has time to warm up.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    I think the process of the salt breaking down, becomes chlorine ? or sumfink like that !!!
    I hate that "not being able to breathe because you jumped into cold water" feeling !
    We can have the swimming challenge after I kick your butt in the planking challenge !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

i could feel every muscle my arms when i was swimming as i did the hugest weights i could and then some at the gym on tuesday. it definitely uses very different muscles to say walking or running so it is a good complement. i dont think salt water ever becomes chlorine. whisky helps with the not being able to breathe coz you jumped into cold water feeling but it also tends to increase the likelyhood of near drowning incidents involving marine mammals and my namesake seaweed snags and tangles.

salt apparently is sodium chloride, and chloride under electrolysis changes to chlorine....or some such chemical reaction, but I possibly need verification on that one - from someone in the know ?????

Seaweed is not a good thing in the jetboat motor, however it can be good to eat ???? and YES whiskey might increase your chances of being traumatised in the seaweed....I am talking the ebb and tidal seaweed, not our darling new human friend LOL

...small steps....

Seaweed is not a good thing in the jetboat motor, however it can be good to eat ????
    a fact worth knowing is all the seaweed in our waters here is edible. except one species which is halucinogenic. i am not sure to what degree but i doubt it is very exciting. i can prob google it but cant remember the name. it looks like the rimu tree and i've never seen it. not all the edible seaweeds taste nice but we have some beautiful ones. bladder kelp. kelp chips! karengo. wakame. there's another couple on the ocean beach here i dont know the names of. one tastes like garlic butter and the other you could use as lasagne i reckon. then there's neptune's necklace and undaria you can put in salads. i've made pickles with the sliced up young stalks of bullkelp and you can also make it into kete to cook your food in. yumm!! i need an eat MAOR seaweed thread lol now it is summer ( hahahaha) i should collect more. you can aslo eat the young stems of the glasswort in the salt marshes. you steam them like marsh sampire which is one of those english cult foods and eat them with hollandaise.

alrighty then - when we come down on our roadie - you must have some kelp for us to try !
    I am really sore this morning after doing some strength exersizes yesterday.
    Might need a hot shower ! LOL

...small steps....

my head hurts as i was up till midnight finishing the book my neighbour lent me and then both the kids got up at like 2am coz one of them had been sick. have a hot bath with epsom salts in and get gwamps to massage the sore bits. how are the abs after all that planking?

Oh the poor wee kiddly. Not nice wasting precious holiday time being sick !
    maybe you should all go back to bed ??

...small steps....

i wish! i have too much to do to do that. i doubled the caffeine intake and did some clubbelling so i am awake now. unreal how intense it is. far more so than a swift dumbbell complex. all i did was 10 swings, 10 front pendulums, 1 double cast and 20 barbarian squats and my heart was racing like i had sprinted 200m up a steep hill!

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Gawd you are putting me to shame with all these tales of excercise. Of course I do have the toe problem dogging me atm, and I've been stupidly letting my back scare me into not exercising. I know its just mind over matter but still.......

I've got some Zumba DVD's tucked away that have some great pilates type ab work, so I must get cracking on those if I'm going to improve on my planking.