Page 456 of 535 FirstFirst ... 356406446454455456457458466506 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,560 of 5341

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 456

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yeah, I hear ya.

Mine are never off lead or unmuzzled in public, as know they have aggression issues (towards animals, fine with people). Too many people let their dogs run around out of control for me to run the risk of one of them charging up to my guts even if they were on the leash but unmuzzled. If there was an altercation i know we'd get the blame even though they're walking to heel and leashed and not the smaller dog that's charging around going nuts.

I haven't been able to find any way that that could've gotten out.

The fence is intact, hasn't been dig under, no lose boats etc. And they completely skipped the chickens and ducks that they've spent the past couple of weeks eyeing up out of the front window and the alpacas at the bank, to run nearly a km down the hill attack the little fella and come home without being missed. They were both at home when i got the phone call about what had happened.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Hhhhhmmmmmm - so one wonders if your dog was not involved at all??????
    Was he seen at the scene ?
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Only by the family of the injured dog, G. That has crossed my mind too, but if I denied that either of my dogs were involved and the council gets involved I don't fancy my chances of coming out on top. We've got a record of both escaping and killing a neighbours cat a few Years ago, so in a he said she said situation I think we'd lose.

They described it down to the multiple registration tags that mine have on their collars (cos I'm lazy ).

Plus of course, if it was one of mine I want to do the right thing, I just can't say that it was our wasn't.
    Last edited by Misabi; 12-31-2013 at 11:57 PM.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Good luck - thinking of you
    G x

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    you know it occured to me when i was at the beach this avo that the chihuahua could have attacked your dog first anyways. they are nasty pieces of work generally and very bad tempered. good luck with it all. nasty situation to be in.

Morning all, bloody dogs............ Love em hate em.......... Youngest's dog Tui is alpha dog, and can be so vicious. Youngest has just acquired another FREE dog off trademe. Barks like a trouper, jumps up on your clean clothes, whines........... However Tui, who stands up to pee!!!!!!!!!!! fights him at every opportunity. And she wins !!!!!!!! So now that all my 30 odd guests have gone, i am tolerating two outrageous dogs, a baby boy goat who is eating all that he can get his little wild lips on, middles cat who has produced 4 gorgeous baby kittens, all with a bad case of conjunctivitis !!!!!!!!!
    The fun never stops at Gwammas !!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

i am pretty hard nosed and also stuck up about dogs. it has to be a vizsla. annoying as they may be at times. my heart almost stopped down the beach today. the dog is usually good with birds. he'll do the odd creep and the odd lollop and snake at them but always come back instantly when called. if i dont call him before he thinks i should, he will stop mid creep and look round looking very guilty. we managed to circumnavigate a juvenille shag padding around the beach bristling with tourists off the lead yesterday. he did sneak up on it like he does hedgehogs and i thought for one moment he was going to pat it with his paw but he came back. would so not been a good look with all those witnesses if he'd bailed it or tried to retrieve it for me. anyways, today what should i see wandering around off in the dunes but a black oystercatcher with a baby oyster catcher. big ones can fly but the babes i am not so sure about. i am actually surprised it is still with us as my dog is one of the few dogs i see who doesnt chase birds down there. he ignored it so i was stoked.

so done the beach today. done the block 1 2/3rd times with the 10kg weight vest on. interesting how you feel it in your inner thighs mainly with the extra weight. i am now about to go retrieve a flounder net we put out last night as it is low tide. then it is time for the kids to come home and ply me with more GF pizza.

yay for dogs that are under command.
    DH and youngest have just gone down to shear the neighbours alpaca. I absolutely hate seeing them strung out when they are shawn, so I have decided to stay - but one of the dogs is barking and Gwamma is starting to get gwumpy !!!!!!

...small steps....

i absolutely hate things like shearing, crutching and tailing. i do go rowsey or help tail if i am asked to but i dont like it. i guess it would be difficult to sheer an alpaca in the same way as you would a sheep unless you could train them to stand and roll over.

my dog under is a thin veneer of command. pure smoke and mirrors. i never actually know if he is going to behave, i am just optimistic, he has 1100 yrs of DNA on my side and so far so good. he seems to be onto the target prey species and not overly interested in the other random critters we encounter. but you never can tell. he's still a dog. did town today to get dd new togs. cheapest pair on sale i could find in rebel sport was $60 and they werent even that nice! so we had to go to urban angel. i messed around and tried on shorts whilst in rebel sport as i need some more. shorts that arent tight arent made for women who lift. you so cannot bend over in them without looking like a stripper. the tight ones often go see thru on the crotch which is well worth remembering to check. i will stick with the surfie boardies i think. my little scrawy 12 year old also picked up the 20kg kettle bell with one hand when we were waiting in the queue messing around with the weights to entertain ourselves. tip here everyone. go to elite fitness if you want to buy free weights. they are lots cheaper there.

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    How's the dog thing coming, Misabi??

Gwamma, I wanted to ask you a favour . . . one of my goals for the year is to find more creative and healthy ways of dealing with tiredness and stress. I wondered if I could try making a blanket!! I tend to watch TV in the evening, and that's not enough to hold my attention so I do other stuff. If it's playing on the computer I lose hours of time with no stress reduction - even an increase sometimes. But if I have something that gets me away from the screens, and actually produces something in the end . . . what do you think?? I remember last year you posted some photos of beautiful blankets you took to the US. Could you repost a photo, please?? And, uh - where do I start??
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus