Page 453 of 534 FirstFirst ... 353403443451452453454455463503 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,530 of 5339

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 453

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    did everyone survive xmas? i still have a headache from all the sugar LOL no weight gain as i just ate the chocolate and avoided all the fatty meat and cream desserts. also avoided the booze. unreal how the body runs on sugar. the peaties are not far wrong. i ran up the hill to see the neighbour and i wasnt even out of breathe. normally i sprint interval it and feel like throwing up. i also went to the beach with the dog in the freezing cold and rain in bare feet and felt so hot that i felt like i had a fever. hoping for some sun soon here so we can go snorkelling.
    Hi All, yes I survived Christmas, one of the best yet - but I say that nearly every year We had just enough doubt about the weather to set the dinner inside, then it fined up and we did our presents outdoors and people actually got sunburnt. So, the best of both worlds really.

I certainly didn't avoid all the fatty meat and cream desserts !!! They were great. I ate a lot more sugar than usual but tried not to go overboard because i really really really don't like the crash that follows. My worst one was prior to Christmas, and made me so cranky that I shaped up after that.

Christmas afternoon everyone went nuts on the trampoline trying to burn off their sugar loads, then they crashed in their chairs and slept. It was bizarre to observe.

Best wishes to all for a restful last few days of 2013 Enjoy your break.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    I ate a lot more sugar than usual but tried not to go overboard because i really really really don't like the crash that follows.
    i am almost back to normal. i had prob 800g of cherries and just straight lean protein on boxing day. i have had a small bar of 88% dark choc over the next few days, plus lean protein. yesterday i even had a few dark scorched almonds, 3 pieces of home made fudge and some bourbon instead of dinner. i've still not put on weight so i consider it a win. if you do think about it, it is only a day or two overall. so in theory, your metabolism should be able to handle it. usually if i have too much sugar, i heat up loads and feel very hot which turns out is quite the best thing right now as it is still freezing here. the crash i reckon is also what you need to watch out for. i go for either plan a which is exercise it off or plan b which is go back to bed. either way. if you are expecting it, you can counteract and make sure you dont self medicate it away with even more sugar.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Hi guys,
    Yes survived and had the best time - ever !!!!!!! It is fantastic when big families get together, and especially fitting after our last few months of horror. I had 30 staying, brothers,sisters, spouses, children etc........... And no isuues. The last threefamilies left yesterday and I just crashed big time.
    Today however is another day, and i have sheets and towels etc.... to wash, spare beds to pack up, clean clean clean.
    I have put on sooooooo much weight over this last year I am in the process of overhauling my entire lifestyle. Change is good - right????????
    Haappy last few days of 2013 everybody. Starts your resolutions now, and then its not a resolution, just a lifestyle change!!!!!
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

G, you are awesome to host such a huge Christmas and deserve every moment of joy that it brought. The love seems to be heightened when we have experienced those down times. Happy laundry day : and all the best with your "lifestyle change". Blessings for the healthiest year ever xx

Thank you Annie, and bouncing it back to you. It will be a brilliant year - especially if i can get myself back onto a healthier path!!!!!!! Cos its all about ME !!!!!!!! LOL
    We take turns in our family to host christmas, and it just so happened to be my turn. And it was brilliant timing, as we needed that family input, nurturing etc... Next year one of my little sisters hosts, up in Kerikeri. Youngest has said that she will fly us up in a wee plane!!!!!!! Its only a five hour flight, plus the refuelling stops. Aren't I the lucky one !!!!!!

...small steps....

that sounds so exciting - and you have a whole year of anticipation too!

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Hope you all had a good one

I've well and truly had an overdose of the outlaws! We start at dh's parents on xmas eve then rotate through the family homes each night ending up back at the parent's tonight. Lots of eating far too much, moving far too little and late nights.
    Last edited by Misabi; 12-30-2013 at 01:59 AM.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Hi Misabi, merry christmas. The rotation thing sounds like a whole lot of fun........ And dont worry i have won the "eat too much move too little" competition. I have only got 30 odd kgs to lose this year !!!!!!!!!!
    Have the best new year

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Hi Misabi, merry christmas. The rotation thing sounds like a whole lot of fun........ And dont worry i have won the "eat too much move too little" competition. I have only got 30 odd kgs to lose this year !!!!!!!!!!
    Have the best new year
    Thanks G, you too.
    Hopefully next year will be a better all round.

Just waiting to find out how much today's misadventure is going to cost me

Apparently one of my dogs got out and back into the house undetected and while out they attacked a neighbours chihuahua. The poor wee mite is undergoing surgery at the moment. Hopefully he'll make it.

Not a great way to meet the neighbours!

Bring on 2014 :thumbup:
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Quote Originally Posted by Nycaise View Post
    Hi all, haven't had chance to read through all 452 pages of this thread, but I was wondering if anyone has ordered items from the primal blueprint store? The shipping & handling seems quite steep, but would like to try the primal shake mix. Has anyone else tried it? Is it worth the shipping costs?
    Hi Nycaise, welcome to the thread. I'm assuming that you're in NZ?

The primal fuel may be a great meal replacement shake (don't know as I haven't tried it), but even ifit is I don't think the shipping is worth it to be honest.

If you're really looking for a meal replacement for those occasions when you really don't have time it eat and don't want to IF, you'd be better off getting a good local whey protein (grass fed without the premium prove they charge for it in the US ) and adding your own fats and flavours. Ie. Coconut milk, vanilla and/or berries.

You may have heard of bulletproof coffee, well an occasional indulgence in a winter's morning when I'm in a rush, is what I call my "bombproof™" tea

A mug of strong black vanilla (or vanilla pods/extract) tea, a couple of tablespoons of butter and coconut oil and a few scoops of whey powder, all thrown in a blender an blitzed until it's frothy. Obviously, if you're trying to lose body fat then this really should be replacing a meal (but skipping this and sticking with a good meal would probably be better) as it's a fair amount of calories, but it's great for in the road ona cold morning and keeps me going until well into the day.

This is worth a try: http://www.nutratech.co.nz/pro-series.html/

I use the non flavoured/unsweetened one, but if you're not phased by a little sucralose and maybe some artificial flavour the flavoured ones are good too :-)