Page 451 of 535 FirstFirst ... 351401441449450451452453461501 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,510 of 5342

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 451

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    bummer about the restaurant seas !!!!!! I wouldn't go back either - if I was paying !!!!!!
    the rodeo was an experience in itself, as in ..... avery grumbly, angry, worked up bull knocked down one of the sections of fence and got in with the punters !!!!!!!!! yep we are talking a 700kg rising two year old pissed off wee fella !!!!!!!! and he didn't wander aimlessly amoungst the crowds !!!!!!!! and we are talking little toddlers, knee high kids, pregnant woman....... it was mayhem.
    finally they got the not so wee fella roped up, and DRAGGED him back into the ring, bound up the fence, and whipped him thru the other gate. .................... and that was the first crazy happening in a series of crazy happenings !!!!!!

when we wnet to the rodeo in Canada, it was a very controlled safe affair - nothing like our waimate day !!!!!!!!
    results back for DH. Another cancer, but a basal cell - thank goodness. They will have to remove it, and it might end up being extensive, but I would rather that than a melanoma !!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Wow, Gwamma, that bull episode sounds way out of control. I'm glad you lived to tell the tale

Best wishes to you and DH for the next lot of cutting. As Lady Macbeth would say: Out, out damned spot!

Love and blessings, A

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Crikey, any injuries? Sounds like some very unlucky people of not.

Sorry to hear about DH. How's he handling it all now? Hopefully not giving you a rough time of it anymore.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    one of my neighbours used to have a bull that used to get out and go on rampages. it was legendary.

i have been messing around with barbell complexes today. i worked out my bar wieghs 6kgs so i loaded it up to a grand total of OMG 20kgs LOL and i have been cleaning and jerking it. go out and do 10 and come back in and do some more work sorta thing. pretty intense. even at a measly 20kgs. after dinner the kids went out to play and i did various squats, deads and barbell lunges etc. 3 sets of 20 so you can do a lower weight. then my middle one suggested doing a clean and jerk into a lunge which turns out is a clean and split jerk. i'd loaded the bar up to 22kgs by then. mental after doing everything else but such good fun. both my little girls who are only 10 and 12 can clean and jerk 18kgs. i was impressed. i also managed to teach my 12 yr old to dead the 22kg barbell which is a smidgen over 50% of her body weight.

did the 6k block and the 5k beach round trip today. needed the exercise as i made fudge last night.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    one of my neighbours used to have a bull that used to get out and go on rampages. it was legendary.

i have been messing around with barbell complexes today. i worked out my bar wieghs 6kgs so i loaded it up to a grand total of OMG 20kgs LOL and i have been cleaning and jerking it. go out and do 10 and come back in and do some more work sorta thing. pretty intense. even at a measly 20kgs. after dinner the kids went out to play and i did various squats, deads and barbell lunges etc. 3 sets of 20 so you can do a lower weight. then my middle one suggested doing a clean and jerk into a lunge which turns out is a clean and split jerk. i'd loaded the bar up to 22kgs by then. mental after doing everything else but such good fun. both my little girls who are only 10 and 12 can clean and jerk 18kgs. i was impressed. i also managed to teach my 12 yr old to dead the 22kg barbell which is a smidgen over 50% of her body weight.

did the 6k block and the 5k beach round trip today. needed the exercise as i made fudge last night.
    The Hulk Family... lol good job on turning your kids to iron-heads!

ho hum we're all little!!!! well except my youngest who is a bit plump. but we're all petite. i am only 5ft 5 1/4"!!! and i have yet to split any clothing or go green whilst training ;P LOL

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    G, that was quite an adventure at the rodeo! A bull on the loose is nothing to be trifled with.

Sorry to hear your husband is still going through it, but also glad that of the evils, it's the lesser of the two.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

i maybe omited to mention at some stage that my grandad was a powerlifter LOL my 2 little girls can both deadlift 43kgs and easily. we're not talking a 1RM lift here. i was gobsmacked as we just kept loading the bar and that was the most i can fit on the one i have at home. i can now clean and jerk 31kgs which sounds measly till you try it. or should i say the clean bit is easy but getting it over your head for the jerk bit is the hard bit.

1 week to go till xmas!!! everyone is leaping around my house with excitement already so it will be a very very long week i think. i will have to teach them some olympic lifts to wear them out.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i maybe omited to mention at some stage that my grandad was a powerlifter LOL my 2 little girls can both deadlift 43kgs and easily. we're not talking a 1RM lift here. i was gobsmacked as we just kept loading the bar and that was the most i can fit on the one i have at home. i can now clean and jerk 31kgs which sounds measly till you try it. or should i say the clean bit is easy but getting it over your head for the jerk bit is the hard bit.

1 week to go till xmas!!! everyone is leaping around my house with excitement already so it will be a very very long week i think. i will have to teach them some olympic lifts to wear them out.
    Make them run laps on the soft beach sand...... that'll wear their young butts out!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Make them run laps on the soft beach sand...... that'll wear their young butts out!
    2 funny. they are too smart for me to trick like that. they will see it coming a mile off. i guess if i run around with them, it may work. i think it is sposed to rain now till xmas which will be a pain. i was half way down the beach yesterday and it started raining. that worked out in my favour as there was all up 5 tourists mincing around and i was going to have to capture and restrain the hound. it started raining and they all went away. and it was only spitting. weight training may be the way to go.