Page 45 of 533 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 45

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    eh, I've been doing yoga since I was my son's age, and he's been doing yoga since before then even, so it's easy for us overall. It's mostly what the body knows.

I don't use kettlebells. I've been curious. I make home-made ones, though. Get milk jugs (or juice jugs) with the handles, and add varying amounts of water for different weights. I color my water so that I knwo which weighs what at a glance.

NZ primal Gwamma is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post

I don't use kettlebells. I've been curious. I make home-made ones, though. Get milk jugs (or juice jugs) with the handles, and add varying amounts of water for different weights. I color my water so that I knwo which weighs what at a glance.
    thanx for that Zoebird. We kiwis are usually pretty good at improvising, but that slipped past the wicket keeper !!!!! LOL
    am off to fill up some milk containers !!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    we used to use coke bottles filled with water for dumbells years ago and no i hadnt been drinking the coke as i really hate coke! my problem is i want some heavier kettlebells so 10, 12 or 14kgs and they are expensive. i can curtsey lunge with 21kgs dumbells so an even bigger size would be good. you can get the smaller dumbells, prob from 6kgs down very cheap on trademe if you dont have to pay postage. the most i have paid for a pair was $10. studiously ignoring the planking lol i have just had dinner anyways so i could effect my form

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    studiously ignoring the planking lol
    noted !!!!! but you will rise to this challenge !!!!! cos I reckon you will not be able to help yourself !!!!!!
    we will watch and see my girl !!! LOL

...small steps....

as ever gwamma is right lol 2 minutes and i just had dinner. and i dont exercise my abs directly other than the ab wheel once a week if i can be bothered.

yes but you ARE quite clever and remember.......its not over till the fat lady sings seaweed.....and I havn't sung - Yet !!!!!

...small steps....

thank god i cant sing lol i have finally finished boning out my deer. the last front leg was the one the bullet went thru the shoulder so it was more of a mission but less fiddly as i couldnt save that much of it. other than dog tucker but his food is so expensive it is a win win situation. unreal thing with boning out shoulders. when i was a kid dad used to make lamb curry. very primal as he used get a lamb shoulder and bone it out. he'd cut all the fat off and render it down and then cook the meat in its own fat to make the curry which was super yummy. in the shoulder fat is what he used to call the monkey gland. it is a little light brown gland. i dont know which one it is. well deer have them too.
    i am thinking swimming must be a very primal type of exercise. such a bummer the swimming pool is so full of chlorine and the sea is always so freezing. i am going to make an effort to work out where i can go for a swim in the sea around here and also how to keep warm as it really felt good exercise wise.

in all my excitement about planking, i forgot to say. i got a bottle of fish sauce!!!!!!!!! 75% anchovies but i have been too scared to smell it. let alone taste any lol

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    wet suit helps with the sea; we have some salt water swimming pools here, and i'm going to check them out.

swimming is very primal, for sure.

our swimming pool is salted, and yes I must start doing some swimming !!!!!!

...small steps....