Page 447 of 534 FirstFirst ... 347397437445446447448449457497 ... LastLast
Results 4,461 to 4,470 of 5331

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 447

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks for the compliment, Gwamma!! Actually, it was me - I knew that Zoebird was in the big city, and also that she is a huge fan of Waldorf, and the Winter Fest is a huge event in the life of a Waldorf school, so the chances were good, but I didn't PM or anything because that would have crossed the scaredly-weird line with me, so I can imagine how that would have sounded to someone else... meeting an anonymous photonic Internet forum person IRL at a private school festival with your kid in tow?? Not on your life! We ended up at the same craft table and at the same end, and I just looked and wondered, and Zoe, being the friendly sort, spoke first, in that general socially friendly way, and I figured the best way to get her name out of her was to tell her mine, so I did, and she told me hers, which I already knew from other communications, and it being THE name, I asked her if her surname was xxxxxx, and it was, so I said "I am Crabbcakes!" And that was that.

The clincher was the nose ring. She has the CUTEST nose ring. I never thought I would ever say that, but it is! You know how you get visions of people from their writing? Well, back when Zoe mentioned on the MDA that she had a nose ring, and liked roller derby, I had visions of a tough broad with spiky purple half-shaven hair and tattoos and cut muscles and a bull nose ring and bars across her ears and the like - dunno why. Truth - Zoe could walk in front of your house and not cause you to want to call the cops or call the kids in.

Glad you are being exxxxtra cautious with the skin checks, Gwamma! He should thank you for being so attentive to his health!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Thank you Annie.
    It will be an easy day compared with the last op - i am sure. DH has not slept well at all, however he is finding it difficult coming off the sleepers !!!!!!!! His chin looks like it is flaring up again, and that is possibly my fault. Some left behind stitches had worked their way through, so i pulled them out along with some ingrown hairs along the scar line. Bloody Gwamma!!!!!!!! However he has also just finished the antibugs, and maybe they havent worked?????? Not sure. Anyhoo have the best day team, and i shall report back a little later in the day.
    How did it go, G?

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Oh CC that is amazing I never read anywhere that Zoes had a nose ring, so I wouldna have recognised her ????????
    Annie just waiting now for the next results. heres hoping that its no more melanoma........ however we wont know until friday or monday.
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    heres hoping that its no more melanoma........ however we wont know until friday or monday.
    Fingers and toes crossed xx
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Boring question; whats public transport like across NZ? I don't have a driving license because I've been satisfied with public transport and walking long distances. Apparently Aucklands public transport is awful however I don't know what its been compared to. For reference I'd consider Singapore's public transport is pretty great. Subway is extremely modern, lots of buses.
    http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i'd be screwed where i am without a driving license. dont know about auckland tho.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Good luck G.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    thank you, thank you thank you............. yep I would also be screwed without a license where I live. And I really cannot confidently comment on public transport in other areas, however CHCH is certainly busing to all corners near and wide, around the city. The buses also travel out to some of the outlying burbs, well they are towns in their own right - Kaiapoi, Rangiora, Rolleston etc.........
    However Monkey, me thinks it might be a grand idea to get your license !!!!!!!

very overcast, dark morning here today. I ma hoping to get up on the ladder and wash some of the high windows. It costs me about $450 to get the window cleaner in, so buggar that !!!!!!!
    I am also hoping to get started on the pool and spa - a day with water !!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Whoever said that about Auckland public transport was right. Compared to somewhere with no public transport, it's still pretty average.

Buses are run by multiple companies, covering different areas with some overlap which can be confusing. Often they're too full to stop for more passengers (though this may only be during rush hour of course).

We are apparently getting electric trains this year, which should mean shorter travel times, quieter and less smelly. Currently we've got a mix of old and very old diesel trains, which when considering that the city's Central hub station (Britomart) is underground is just bonkers!

Trains are often delayed, too full so have to go much slower, cancelled because of mechanical issues.

And yes, I do commute by train every day
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I have two nose rings: 1. a paua crescent in my septum; and 2. a nostril screw in my right nostril.

I'm pretty normal. And friendly. Particularly when I don't know anyone. . .so I talk to everyone. LOL Poor Crabbcakes!