Page 44 of 534 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 44

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    When you say potatoing.......?

I have planted lots in my garden that I mainly plan on feeding to my family with the odd feast for myself along with the Maori potatoes. As far as eating them right now....not so much. I did have some on the weekend while we were away, but I don't plan on making it a trend. A couple of kumara a week is enough to keep me happy.

seaweed is online now Senior Member
    i mean the amazing all potato diet? i have planted all my potatoes. it is the kiss of death growing your own potatoes as you never will be able to eat a shop brought modern one without feeling totally had lol i havent eaten any potatoes for ages precisely for that reason. i dont mind kumara but they dont grow here and the organic ones are so expensive i cant be bothered. i much prefer roast yams or even parsnips. i missed out on the asparagus again today. forgot at the supermarket and the stuff in the organic vege store was $20/kg so i got brocolli instead. i am gonna look at the farmer's market at the weekend.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Where is the hydroslide ????? have you done the hanmer one ?????
    yes I made a start on the potato thing. One feed in and I had a coffee and cream.... re -read what you are allowd - which is not coffee and cream !!!!!!!!!
    so maybe another day.
    Sorry that I am a thread killer - hopefully it doesn't become terminal !!!!! cos I am gonna try this for at least today LOL
    I have maori potatoes on my list. Do they sell them at Countdown ?
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    OMG what a lovely boy - he is old enough to be my grandson, so I won't make any cougerish comments !!!!!!

...small steps....

it is out of season for maori potatoes. you may still be able to get some of the little purple ones but the others a whole heap nicer.i would very much doubt you could get any from countdown. usually organic vege stores or farmer's markets sell them. my main issue would be the lack of coffee and cream too!! hydroslide is at the pool in town. i have been needing an excuse to go to hamner. is the hydroslide there huge? note tho do NOT wear boardies on the hydroslide. i couldnt be bothered to shave my legs the whole way so i wore my boardies and they act like a brake. a bikini is far more fun.

OMG what a lovely boy - he is old enough to be my grandson, so I won't make any cougerish comments !!!!!!
    lmao i didnt even notice him. i must be slipping lol

Seaweed I am gonna have to do a whole heap of work before I am in a bikini, and I don't do hydroslides !!! or any of that stuff. The family encouraged me to go on the batman ride at movieworld, a few years ago..............WTF I shook and felt r-e-a-l-l-y sick for three hours after !
    so none of that twisty, turning, muck up your inner ear stuff for me !!!!
    Ok so I won't go looking for Maori potatoes just yet. I will do some homework as to when they are in season

...small steps....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    plank is pretty easy for me n account of the yoga. we do two-three sets of "five breaths" (30 seconds) of plank and then side plank (on each side), and then etc. so, it's easy for me.

but, those plank variations on the video look like fun.

Hi Zoebird, hope everything is well with you. I bet yoga is brilliant for core strength. Actually whilst at the hairdressers yesterday.... she was raving about yoga. so one of these days !!! I have just read tormags journal, and I think I need to buy me some kettlebells. Does anyone use these for upper body strength ???

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    plank is pretty easy for me n account of the yoga. we do two-three sets of "five breaths" (30 seconds) of plank and then side plank (on each side), and then etc. so, it's easy.
    show off! I just knew you were gonna kick our butts.