Page 437 of 534 FirstFirst ... 337387427435436437438439447487 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,370 of 5331

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 437

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    still making like it is the dead of winter down here. i saw our resident flock of spoonbills out for a paddle when i went for a walk. it depends which way the wind is blowing as to where they are hanging out. i also counted the 5th baby pukeko i have seen so far this season wandering around the swamp with its parents. jet boating and white water rafting tomorrow. i so hope it warms up!
    We've had loads of baby pukekos roaming around up here. Also had (past tense) lots of ducklings too, until the pukekos saw to them. Never realised that went on. Just always felt sorry for what seemed quite stupid birds always getting run over, don't feel so bad now I know that it may have saved a few ducklings.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    our pukeko only seem to have one or two chicks. they are vicious birds and ours can fly. seemingly better every year. ducklings depending on what species they are dont really belong here. mallards that is. paradise ducks are native and actually a type of goose. the big ones go the other one's ducklings sometimes too. it is bird eat bird out there.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Guys guys guys- thiank you so much for all your wonderful words. Yes it would have to be the best christmas pressie that i will have this year. And i know that he is not out of the woods. These buggars can pop up all ovher the body. So its great that he will be checked three monthly for the next year. And also getting this mohs surgery in two weeks will make me feel alot better once done.
    But good newz - i will take it.
    Its interesting i really thought that DH would take a long time to scrap up out of his wee hole that he created, but that afternoon he was the happiest camper on the block, and continued to be. I let him drive yesterday as he had stopped the lorazepam, and hes up there in the office now like dicky in the middle!!!!!!!
    However i have booked him in to the Doctors tomorrow to review his other meds, just to see if we can make him a happier man - all the time!!!!!!
    I also need some help. I noticed about a year ago that when i do anything physical, like heavy lifting, mowing lawns, even driving, i tense up, and often cannot relax at night. I have tried magnesium on and off, and i do think that helps, althou am not sure. I don't want the doctor prescribing me anti-anxiety drugs, but i need to get on top of this.
    I am adamant that its all related to my weight gain, achey body, general run down feelings. I had two thyoflex tests done a while ago, (6 wks apart) and the naturopath said my thyroid was way under-functioning, however she was convinced it was due to my adrenal, not thyroid. So i don't want to keep paying hundreds of dollars for a tincture that doesn't seem to work ?????????
    HELP..............
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Jac
    Jac is online now Senior Member
    Hi Gwamma - that's awesome news! I've been away, so not using internet minutes to post, but I did keep checking back and was doing a little happy dance in the tiniest hotel room I've ever seen .

About your physical issues - they're similar to the ones I've been working on, and the message I've had from my doctor can be boiled down to a few key things. I don't know if they're useful to you, but here goes . . .

• Take mega doses of vitamin B
    • Take magnesium
    • Eat significant amounts of protein regularly (1.5 to 1.8 grams per kilo of your actual weight - I'm trying for 150g a day)
    • Don't under any circumstances eat wheat - it depletes vit B and you need it

Gotta go - the comp is nearly flat!!
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Hi hi, G! And big squishy hugs because you need them.

I agree with Jac - lots of that awesome NZ beef you all have, much lamb or mutton, and start sucking down egg yolks. I've been taking a B complex supplement for years and it's the only vitamin I truly notice in energy when I stop taking it or run out. D3 is also good for mood if you're not getting as much sun as you'd like.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Thank you girls.
    Today i am eating protein, and popping vitamin B !!!!!!!
    Well i havent been around for a day or two, and what do i come back to??????? Penises...... Whether to circumsize or not!!!!!!!!!!
    Dear dear dear dear dear!!!!!!!!!! Thats possibly all this old Gwamma should say on the issue!!!!!!
    Well poor old DH, he has finally hit the wall. We went to see the GP yesterday, and he has been put on a higher dose of prozac, and also a blood pressure tablet. I asked for B vitamins. So heres hoping we can help DH to become a happier camper. However its up to him to want to change. The doctor has promised to help me stick up for myself a wee bit more, so yay for being strong.
    Althou its not just about being strong, its also about knowing how to answer some of the outbursts with diffusing comebacks.
    Gwamma is on a huge learning curve!!!!!!
    DH has promised that he wont bitch about me heading off to do exersize, so i hope that lasts. Its really hard being dealt a guilt trip after returning from a theraputic run/walk etc..... Anyhooo am rambling now..........
    ........best go and stock up the pantry with some meat, fat and veges!!!!
    G x

...small steps....

Good on the positive changes and the doctor as an ally.

My mother was my brother's caretaker, and the 24/7 nature of it was driving her crazier than she already was. I finally called my brother and asked him that since he was eligible for outside help from Disability, to please give her a break. He did and it gave Mom a few hours a week to just be by herself and do fun or mentally healthy things. She started the same thing at the end of my grandmother's life until I finally called hospice and asked for help.

People often forget that the caretaker is being stressed to the max in these situations. If you can get anyone to take up the slack occasionally, I hope you'll do so.

In the meantime, I'm glad you're tending to your health and well-being. Stay strong and remember that we love you.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Thank you J. In NZ we have a famous rugby player called John Kirwin ( JK) who fronts the depression ads on the TV. Its great to get the depression message out there, and seek support, however i often wonder why there is never an active advertised support network for the spouses, partners, caregivers etc.... It can be so challenging not to stress those everyday knock backs that we supportees tend to experience. When i catch up with JK next, i am tempted to actually ask this question !!!!!!!!!

Any who, it is possibly about gaining confidence, and empowering myself to be an advocate for ME!!!!!!!

I will get there with my gorgeous MDA ers
    I hope you are feeling better J !!!!!!! Nothing quite like the squirts to get you up and out of bed !!!!!!

...small steps....

I hope you are feeling better J !!!!!!! Nothing quite like the squirts to get you up and out of bed !!!!!!
    LMAO, G - you do often make howl with laughter. I haven't heard that expression (the squirts) since my brother and I used to use it to gross out Mom. Yes, feeling better.

B*tch-lite

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    DH has promised that he wont bitch about me heading off to do exersize, so i hope that lasts. Its really hard being dealt a guilt trip after returning from a theraputic run/walk etc.....
    funnily enuf my exhusband used to bleat about me exercising and then bleat about me being fat constantly. he still goes on to the kids every time he picks them up about how fat my ass is lol

Penises...... Whether to circumsize or not!!!!!!!!!!
    i said my piece and i think there are now 17 pages. it must be cultural. like why would you even do it? those poor baby boys!