Page 431 of 533 FirstFirst ... 331381421429430431432433441481531 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,310 of 5326

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 431

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Oh, G, he's scared and since men aren't really trained to cry and freak out the way we do, they become belligerent butt holes.

As always, *hugs* to help you get through it.
    heeeeey.... My butt hole is only beligerent when I'm constipated.....

Dhansakdave is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    If it was me I'd reply with 'Buck up your ideas matey or I'll move on before you're dead.' But then I'm not known for my patience and compassion. Sending happy thoughts, deep breaths and counting to ten your way. xxx
    Yous got more patience than me after making that quilt....

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    heeeeey.... My butt hole is only beligerent when I'm constipated.....
    That's what Indian food was invented for....

Best wishes and hopes and stuff G, and hope the hubbers calmed down! And on a tangent thought your rugby boys were a bit jammy against us on Saturday, err....

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Holey guacamoly!!!!!! Gwamma has her own little cheer leading squad!!!!!! Thanx guys...... I especially loved the boyz Misabi...... I have always enjoyed seeing a nekid boy...... I mean man!!!!!!
    On the meds front, DH has been on high anti- anxiety and high- antidepressants since before i knew him, as in 35 odd years. I don't think that it can get any higher, however i am gonna find out later this week.
    I have had another sleep less, night, and i took a sleeping tablet, so i am concerned with my driving this morning. I am having a wee sugary coffee as i type. Had an earthquake also during the night which helped to elevate my cortisol or whatever it is that is causing me to gain weight not lose!!!!!
    The CT scan went, well it just went. DH was in tears all the way home. Gwamma can now drive an automatic while holding her hubbys hand ...... ALL the way home, thats city, outskirts, country....... Shit i have some skills worth documenting !!!!!! Hahahahahahaha
    So plan for today, is we head into thie nuclear medicine department at Chch hospital where DH is injected with radioactive dye, around the site of the melanoma on his chin. Over the following hour they check the tracking of the dye to nearby lymph nodes. I think its with a series of xrays?????? Then two hours later he has another series of xrays.
    He is nil by mouth from 12 midday, then its back to another private hospital by 5 pm, to be operated on at 8 pm. I believe the op will take 1.5 hours, give or take.
    I am also hoping that someone will tell us a wee bit about yesterdays CT scan. I think that iodine that was injected into the blood stream makes icky bits in the body stand out ??????? Not sure, but heres hoping that nothing significant was found. And if it was, we will deal with each scenario as it comes.
    I am the fall guy, i will accept that for now, am not happy about it, but will allow it for a couple more days. Then its off to the GP so i can get some help. I think in an earlier thread i stated that i didn't sign up for this. However i am in the thick, and i really need some help.
    Thank you all and as always xx
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    coffee with sugar fixes everything G xx dont accept being the fall guy or it will just get worse which ever way it goes. put your foot down while you have the upper hand. you may also feel better if you get some control which will help disappate the cortisol. if you feel hopelessly put upon and generally abused, it is not going to be good at all. bear in mind it took me 14 years to finally put down my foot so it is much easier to say after the event! if you can get away at all, see if you can go for a massage in the meantime. or go to the women's gym in town and pretend you want to join. they should give you a week's free membership and go pump iron, try out all the cardio machines, lay in the sauna and hang out in the massaging showers. drop by and get a facial on the way out at the beauty therapist there. and turn your cell phone off!!! good luck today xx

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, or what DH's appetite for it would be, but I think he needs someone impartial to talk to, be it a counsellor, therapist, psychiatrist, priest etc.

Believe it or not but I'm not some airy fairy hippy, I've only ever been to one yoga class for instance , but I think there really is something to meditation for calming the mind and de-stressing. Nevermind the spiritual enlightenment stuff, if all it does is give him (and just as importantly you) a few moments of peace, it's worth a try. All the stress won't be helping his immune system either.

That being said, both could also be good for you to.
    Last edited by Misabi; 11-18-2013 at 01:31 PM.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    No practical advice to add to the excellent suggestions already received, just wanted to send love your way. xxxxx
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Thinking of you here too xxxxx

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Oi, Crabbcakes! Check out *these* jolly hockey sticks! *fans face*
    The bearded one, third from left...
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Hugs and hugs and hugs, Gwamma, as always.

Back to a doc tomorrow - this time for a cat. George (the cat) has been warring with Freddie (another one of my cats), and George got himself a deep cheek cut in the process, which is not really healing all that well. Harrumph. But what do you expect when one has a colony of male felines, even if they are neutered, eh?
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    Believe it or not but I'm not some airy fairy hippy,
    Sorry, but I had to laugh at this.... funny stuff... Though you are right that meditation will do much to calm you, you have to be willing to be calm for it to work.... my wife can't sit still long enough to even think about meditation.... She's not such a good candidate for a meditation.... medication.... thats a different story all together!