Page 429 of 524 FirstFirst ... 329379419427428429430431439479 ... LastLast
Results 4,281 to 4,290 of 5231

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 429

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oh, wow, Gwamma - what a tough time you both are having! Hugs and more hugs from way over here, ladycakes!! If I were over there, I would SO take over some chores and stuff from the two of you, and then we would do something fun, just because.

I'll be checking in more often than of late, 'cause now I need to know how you all are getting on with this scary thing!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Thanx CC, weekend a bit of a blurrr. I took a naughty little sleep helper last night and managed 10 hours straight.
    DH didnt get to sleep intil 4 am, but did sleep until 8 am, so better than not.
    I managed to drag myself out to shift the irrigators, and i also got a couple of barrow loads of wood in. I am concerned after the op that DH will get quite cold, he usually crashes for a few days. So i am preparing like a little squirrel!!!!!!
    I am stupidly worrying about the little things now, ie people visiting who have bugs!!!!!! Will i be able to lift and clean the mower on my own, while he's laid up, checking for fly( we are having the odd hot day, and coupled with the irrigation, flies love damp hot sheep wool) .
    I am sure all these things will be a non event, but i do like to be prepared.
    Anyhoo off to chch this morning to grab some jimmyjams, slippers, toothpaste etc.... Oh and some foods that i can prepar on our return after the op.
    Youngest DD is making some chocolate chip cookies for his stay in hospital, so i will tell you now.........they will be tempting!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Gwamma, you go right ahead and prep away. I am a big believer in it. It makes me feel better. You should see the piece of "just in case" luggage that accompanies me on all trips with Third, even today, and it not getting better as she grows up (just different), for as she has ditched obvious toileting supplies, we have replaced that stuff with a first aid bag and Diastat (emergency seizure drug).

My only tip is to write out your prepping desires into a list on a notepad - seeing helps to not forget anything, crossing off stuff is satisfying, and if time runs out (because there are only 24 hours in any day and we are, in the end, only human and can do only soooo much), seeing it all helps prioritize what can be left to someone else if you have besties and siblings who can perhaps pick up an errand or two. But I am an inveterate list-maker - I think I missed my calling at being some kind of supply clerk!

Chocolate chip cookies sound wonderful!

Flies - ugh!! We get bot flies (genus cuterebra) up here, and I hate seeing a barn cat infected with a larva - they are called "warbles" up here. The wound is awful when they pop out. Gawd - disgusting.
    Last edited by Crabbcakes; 11-16-2013 at 03:52 PM.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Flies - ugh!! We get bot flies (genus cuterebra) up here, and I hate seeing a barn cat infected with a larva - they are called "warbles" up here. The wound is awful when they pop out. Gawd - disgusting.
    Don't tell Bloodorchid - she'll find a youtube clip that will scar me for life. I've still not recovered after searching for giant cyst on your recommendation. And then there was the evening I lost to blackhead and ingrown hair removal.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Don't tell Bloodorchid - she'll find a youtube clip that will scar me for life. I've still not recovered after searching for giant cyst on your recommendation. And then there was the evening I lost to blackhead and ingrown hair removal.
    (Giggling) it won't have been from me if she finds out. I know those botfly removal vids exist, just because I have come across the titles on YouTube, but not even I will go there!

But, to make up for the psychological damage I have caused you, here are two of my family favorites - YouTube vids my girls and I enjoy very much: "Amazing Japanese Precision" posted by Clean Funny pics and Humor; and "Katachi" by pitchforktv

morning y'all..... i agree that BO should not get a hold of anything maggotty/fly blown.......... it would not be pretty !!!!!!!!!
    i think that we might just be safe in here...............
    honker was back with a bloody vengence this morning. He now has a huge mob of sheep to keep him company !!!!!!!! yay for honker - NOT

...small steps....

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    So, G, I think you should do a good old fashioned US Thanksgiving on November 28th - I hear there's a free goose near you for the main course.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    LOL poor honker! not much going on here. errie grey and still which means it will bucket down and blow a gale some time soon i would imagine. our kotuku which comes and hangs out at the bottom of the section has gone again. it was back for a few days at the end of last week. it doesnt honk or make noises at odd hours of the morning but it does attract tourists. you have to be careful driving or walking around as they sorta career around in the middle of the road waving a camera about or stop dead for no apparent reason. thankfully we also had a lone spoon bill which hung out at similar times in a slightly different spot to confuse alot of people and make them think there wasnt really a kotuku there. right now i am planning camp food for the kids as i have to send them gluten free food. and of course plotting my hair do when i go jet boating as parent help LOL

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    when i go jet boating as parent help LOL
    It's a tough job but someone has to do it. Good on you Seas for stepping up.

PrimalCon New York
    We would surely have a honker of a thanks giving J - poor bloody bird...........
    Saes if you let your hair down while boating up the river is gonna get sooooooooo tangled and then some............

Horrendously horrendous day ........ DH is so concerned that they will find cancer in the CT scan this afternoon that surgery wont do him any good.
    I have asked him why he is being so nasty to me, and he reckons that then it will be easier for me to move on when he is dead.....WTF????????? He is sooooooo jumping the gun, but it is really horrid seeing him getting so down.
    I will report back later. please dont think bad thoughts if i dont get back to you tonight, but only 3 hours sleep last night and i am rinsed.
    Happy thoughts.....happy thoughts.....happy thoughts
    G x

...small steps....