Page 426 of 534 FirstFirst ... 326376416424425426427428436476526 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,260 of 5339

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 426

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    i've cleared my inbox G. i do know my ex used to get a bit like that at the slightest sign of any illness. he had a lump once on his shoulder which he decided was terminal. i suffer from that thing where i just check out as Jac puts it. and after a while i almost felt mean as i really stopped caring. i just wanted the whining and the extra taking it out on me to go away. maybe deep down i knew it wasnt anything to actual worry about or maybe i really am a bitch. it was just a fat lump in the end but the drama was ridiculous. and at no time had the doctors ever said it may be anything else. this was all pre doc visit and waiting for the op to get it out!!!

the main thing G is to look after yourself and i know that sounds selfish but you cant look after anyone else if you run yourself ragged.

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Hi Gwamma. The results could have been better, but they also could have been a lot worse. Sounds like he's getting good care. You're right, though, it's changed your role for a while and that never feels good. I don't know about your other cyber friends here, but I suspect they'll agree with me when I say this is a safe place for you to come and just be yourself. Venting, whining, raging, moaning, and making inappropriate jokes - they're all good here . Especially if it means you can keep on keeping on in your real life. We'll be here.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Keeping you in my thoughts, G.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member

YEEEEHAAAAA

Gwamma has permission to rant and rave and be merry!!!!!!!
    Okay first rant, might be second, but who is counting........ Honker is back!!!!!!!! Following horse round like there is no tomorrow........
    And we had another frost!!!!!!!!

Okay Gwamma needs to put her big girl pants on ( i love that saying) and win this race. I need to be at the top of my game, no more wallowing in self pity.........
    However i need some fast track help to get back in the game
    1 no more wine, for a day or so
    2 exersize every day
    3 good wholesome foods for me and the boy, althou i will have to give him soft foods for a few days after this next op.........how is that gonna work????? Without him losing weight??????
    4 5 And 6 i need help with, cos i dont know what they are yet..... But this is an open forum and lets get these ideas rolling in!!!!!!
    Thank you all for your gorgeous love and wishes.............
    Me x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Best of luck and hugs to you and hubs Gwamma. DH is lucky to have someone so understanding and patient (as is possible in the situation) who feeds him good food.

My suggestion for #4 is quality time with hubby! Especially with you both worrying so much. Finding some peaceful (or awesome whichever you prefer) together time would be good for you both.

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    Best of luck and hugs to you and hubs Gwamma. DH is lucky to have someone so understanding and patient (as is possible in the situation) who feeds him good food.

My suggestion for #4 is quality time with hubby! Especially with you both worrying so much. Finding some peaceful (or awesome whichever you prefer) together time would be good for you both.
    This ^ . Also, find things that make you laugh and make the time to do them.

On another note . . . a FROST??? good grief.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Soft foods with calories? Can he eat mashed potatoes? Drenched in butter, they're yummy and soft and caloric.

Also, chocolate whole milk shakes with banana and/or egg yolks - add in some whey or cottage cheese for protein.

Not sure what the limitations are, but almost any veggie soup can be run through a blender or food processor to make it creamy - and again for calories, milk and butter can be added.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    all my ideas for 4,5 and 6 would include exercise or misbehaving somehow LOL i do do tame stuff to like go for nice bush walks with the kids at a leisurely pace or do some weaving. even set yourself an exercise goal. something more specific than exercise every day. something attainable but challenging. i find it always helps to have some control over something in your life when it is all very up in the air and you dont know what is going on. you could also go for a weekly massage. excellent for de-stressing yourself. i always feel a million times better if i have had a decent massage. altho it pays to avoid the ones who tell you all their problems! other things you could do is make like Annie and have a bush walk day. Go on a tramp somewhere you've never been before for the afternoon. Or even go visit somewhere you've never been and would like to go such as an art exhibition.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Hmmmmmm great ideas thanx guys.
    So the plastic surgeon is concerned and tells us that its 50/50 whether its gone to the nodes or not.
    We go in on tuesday next week to have dye injected around the melanoma site.
    This particular guy is chocka booked up till christmas, so wonderful that he has fitted us in nextl tues.DH will then have a series of xrays over the following few hours to track the dye. Then at 5pm he goes in for his op. It will be about 1.5 hours long and they will excise the original melanoma site first. The surgeon wants to create a 2 cm margin, so it will be a rather large hole!!!!! He wanted to know if DH wanted a chin like john trevolta or Michael jackson!!!! LMAO.
    Anyway then he will remove the dyed lymph nodes if there are any. So another waiting game. So its 50/50 whether the lymph nodes are affected, and if they are then its extensive surgery from behind the ear all the way down to the chest. Anyway we wont go there unless we have to!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    my 4, 5 and 6 would be lots of immersive activities - books, movies, sex - anything that completely absorbs your attention.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!