Page 42 of 532 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 42

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    lmao i do that lots but sometimes it is freezing cold and wet and windy as it has been the last week here. they have a horse to ride and a boat to go play out on the inlet in. bush to run around too. bikes, scooters, bows and arrows, fishing rods etc that is all there every day after and before school and every weekend so it is nice to do something different in the holidays. it amazes me how they take what they have for granted. if i had a horse and a beach down the road, my mother would not have seen me for dust when i was their age. even just an acre of wilderness to play in, i would have been gone.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    When we were kids on our farm I remember it being an 'issue' that Mum couldn't get us to come back home for lunch and/or dinner. I don't exactly remember what it was that we were doing all the time, but it was sure as hell more interesting than what was going on inside. This was in the days before computers though.

times have changed so much since then. we dont have a TV and they arent allowed to play on my computer as i use it for work.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=seaweed;974598]times have changed so much since then. QUOTE]

Don't I know it....... though I'm not that old!

We had the police visit us one afternoon a few years ago after a kindly neighbour called them to report a young child (my 4 year old) playing unsupervised on the farmland behind our property. Like seriously?! The policeman was sort of rolling his eyes as well, but apparently the kindly neighbour was worried about electric fences and the horses that were grazing nearby. Best I keep him safely inside watching telly I suppose?

lol! things have changed since my oldest and my youngest were born. they are 15 years apart.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I lived in suburbia, but still you couldn't keep us inside. or shod for that matter.

DS is like that. He'll be outside all day long, and all we have is the tiniest "garden" (courtyard?). I do have some pots and plants, and I left a bed open (no plants) for him to dig around in. And sticks. The boy has an in-ordinant amount of sticks. I want to get a simple rope/board swing to put in this one spot. I think that would be fun for him too. Keep it simple.

He managed to loose the keys to the back door somehow (probably my fault anyway for letting him play with them), and as such, we have to let him out a little less easily than before -- which was just opening the back door. Now it's all hard because I have to open the front door, then open the gate, and then keep the front door open to make sure that I can hear him.

Difficulty of primal is leanness. I'm cold all the time.

Difficulty of primal is leanness. I'm cold all the time
    i always generate more heat which i like as i need to keep warm down here! my kids were far better when they were younger and far happier to just play in the mud. they changed as they got older.

i have some butter ( ghee ) rig with coconut milk simmering away in the slow cooker. i am still being swamped in a huge wave of venison. my deer was a fallow too so thank the gods i didnt get a red deer. i have made a mental note next time this happens have bags i can write on properly and a decent pen so as i can tell what everything is in the freezer. it is pretty much steak, lumps of steak or small pieces of steak but it helps to know what before defrosting it. down to the front legs tonight and then i will be done.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Holy Holy Holy - I head away for the day - come back and its like 2+ pages of gossip !!!!!!!
    Well done to you all !!!!!
    I love the "when I was a kid" competition...... when I was a kid, we lived in a cardboard box, and walked to school barefoot....in the snow.....yarda yarda yarda !!!!! LOL

anyways my 49th birthday has nearly been and gone, but off out to dinner with DH and a brand new hairstyle !!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

happy birthday gwamma!!! what does the hair look like? i used to weave with some old women who really did walk to school in the frost barefoot. unreal stories they told and they were awesome women.

had to resort to butter rig in the pot as i got tired of waiting for the slow cooker. so yummy!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    thanx Seaweed, yep some of the oldies tell some amazing life stories. I don't think that we realise just how easy we have had it and I definately don't think some of our modern generation kids have a clue as to what HARD really is !!!!!!

tomorrow I am gonna up the exersize. I will overcome this plateau !!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....