Page 408 of 534 FirstFirst ... 308358398406407408409410418458508 ... LastLast
Results 4,071 to 4,080 of 5331

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 408

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well done V. Start them early I say!!!!!!!! Our youngest was 2 when we went on her first overnight tramp. Six hours in, and six hours out. I must admit that we did have her on our shoulders above our packs every so often, but she did very well.
    She is 18 now!!!!! Where does the time go ?????????
    We have had no wind all morning, but it's just picking up now. Time to mow the lawn..............
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

voyaging is offline Junior Member
    She was great! Slept like the dead too ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Always a blessing when the little ones sleep - gives ma and pa, ma and pa time!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    That is just wrong Misabi. You need to come on down here for a wee caveman conference. In the combi of course.........
    I know, I know. I was hoping to join the great kombi caravan around the South Island a year or two ago to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the kombi, but couldn't in the end.

The problem is with family living in the UK, Malaysia, France and the Caribbean, it's hard to find time to spend any holidays in this country.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Thanks guys, I will ask some more specific questions now

1. Where do you live and what do you like and dislike about it?

2. In terms of climate, I'm assuming the north island is 'nicer'? I lived in Scotland for most of my life and I prefer warmer and less wet!

3. How do rent prices vary across the islands? I looked at places in Auckland and it seems I could get decent accommodation for under 400 NZD a week.

4. My degree is in pharmacology (i.e. science) and I'm doing an internship in a technology company. Where are the hotspots for these industries?

5. How is the job market? It seems my degree could be in demand, so it seems quite easy to find a job there.

6. Are the women attractive?

Thank you!
    http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    [QUOTE=AMonkey;1349970]Thanks guys, I will ask some more specific questions now

A.30 mins from downtown Auckland (in good traffic ). The sheep are noisy.

2. In terms of climate, I'm assuming the north island is 'nicer'? I lived in Scotland for most of my life and I prefer warmer and less wet!
    A.In general yes. Though i think parts of the South Island get hotter in the summer and much cooler in the winter. North of Auckland is subtropical, so hot in summer, generally wet and mild in winter. The North Island is so narrow from Auckland North that the weather is very changeable.

3. How do rent prices vary across the islands? I looked at places in Auckland and it seems I could get decent accommodation for under 400 NZD a week.
    A.Sounds about right. Depending on whereabouts in Auckland that could get you a 3 bedroom house or a 1 bedroom shoebox apartment ; )
    Have a look on www.trademe.co.nz.

4. My degree is in pharmacology (i.e. science) and I'm doing an internship in a technology company. Where are the hotspots for these industries?
    A.Have a look on www.seek.co.nz

5. How is the job market? It seems my degree could be in demand, so it seems quite easy to find a job there.
    A.It's been getting harder over the past few years with lots of kiwis coming home from the UK due to the GFC and rising unemployment etc. But it really depends on your field. We've seen lots of IT folks coming back.

If you like Asian ladies you'll be in heaven
    A.As for kiwi girls, same as any city I guess. But shit do they drink

Thank you!

If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    ^ what Misabi said on points 2,3,4 and 5. Point 1. undisclosed location in the lower south island LOL it would be too cold and the weather too changeable i think. our part definitely does not get hotter in the summer than the north island. as to 6. well, ITA with Misabi there as well except i do need to point out the men drink a huge amount too.

Ok Gwammas turn
    Lots of negatives and positives no matter where you live

I have lived in Canterbury for 30 years and love it, because it's not busy like the north, and I hate the muggy heat in the summer, that you tend to experience up Auckland way!!!!!!!!
    In the north the hot is more humid and the cold is quite damp. Whereas in Canterbury, which is the middle of the South Island, the hot is very dry, and the winter cold is not as damp, so it doesn't,t tend to get uncomfortable like the north.
    And yes I know having been born and bred in matamata( hobbiton)
    Chch has dramatically gone up since the earthquakes. One of our rentals is getting $475, and the other $480/wk.
    I have a brother in law with 6 pharmacies - I could introduce you............
    Pass
    I am not into women, but I am sure like any country in the world, there are nice ones and not so nice.
    I also believe that attractiveness comes first from within!!!!! and I do agree with Misabi, we drink far too much!!!!!!!!

Come out for a holiday, I am sure you can crash at various primals across the country...................well definitely at mine
    G

...small steps....

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=Misabi;1350005]
    Quote Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
    Thanks guys, I will ask some more specific questions now

A.30 mins from downtown Auckland (in good traffic ). The sheep are noisy.

A.In general yes. Though i think parts of the South Island get hotter in the summer and much cooler in the winter. North of Auckland is subtropical, so hot in summer, generally wet and mild in winter. The North Island is so narrow from Auckland North that the weather is very changeable.

A.Sounds about right. Depending on whereabouts in Auckland that could get you a 3 bedroom house or a 1 bedroom shoebox apartment ; )
    Have a look on www.trademe.co.nz.

A.Have a look on www.seek.co.nz

A.It's been getting harder over the past few years with lots of kiwis coming home from the UK due to the GFC and rising unemployment etc. But it really depends on your field. We've seen lots of IT folks coming back.

If you like Asian ladies you'll be in heaven
    A.As for kiwi girls, same as any city I guess. But shit do they drink

Thank you!

I may need to save this for twenty years in the future. My god I am so far behind in life lol...

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Gwamma, I'm counting on you to line up many affluent widowers when I come to visit. Looks mean nothing to me (they all look the same in the dark). I'm all about personality (and the ability to support me in the style to which I'd like become accustomed).
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.