Page 406 of 534 FirstFirst ... 306356396404405406407408416456506 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,060 of 5331

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 406

Annieh is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Gwamma, great news about your dd, I am sorry to hear about Oak, and as for swimming, well, better luck next time.
    Jac, happy decorating, you remind me that I need to bite the bullet and get on with some round here too.
    Misabi, your place looks idyllic, especially on such a beautiful day.
    Zoe, I hope you can learn to enjoy this new life.
    Voyaging, hi and welcome. I am 49, married with three girls (one still at home), live in the n aki primal 16 months. See you round

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    If for any reason you decided to nude sunbathe Misabi! or even topless! pictures would be very much appreciated................

G x
    Bwahahaha only just saw your post Gwamma, we must've listed at the same time

Don't be disappointed if you don't see any nude pics appearing any time soon. I get enough grief for the pics I've already posted
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    We're doing ok. The food supply is strange here -- it's inexpensive, of course, but going to a restaurant is weird. Portion sizes are out of control. Even so, i just eat the portion that I want/need.

DS is hilarious. He commented "The Americas are really luxurious" recently after coming out of a bathroom. His assessment of how luxurious it is here is based on his visiting of toilets at various locations: "even the gas stations have fancy toilets!" We thought it was pretty funny.

He's having a great time with his grandparents.

Dh and I are still looking for work. I've set up some interviews and meetings for myself and DH has several interviews, too. So, things will shake out shortly, I'm sure.

DS got into the local steiner school, as well. He was pushed to the front of the line since he has been a steiner student for the last 3 years really. Great news for us, and they're willing to "scholarship" him until we are on our feet. I'm very happy about that, and DH and I will volunteer at the school until we are working and things get established. So that's helpful. I told them I'd take charge of establishing a garden at the school, too, since they don't already have one (it's pretty integral to the curriculum, so it seems weird to me that they don't have that already done, but okies. Gives me something to do!).

Also, can I tell you guys that I hate TV? The amount of advertising is overwhelming.

Crabbcakes is online now Senior Member
    Zoebird, I had the same reactions after eight solid years of Germany - I actually went through a good, hard culture shock coming back. Grocery stores were outrageous, same with restaurant portions, TV commercials the same. My advice - just keep the TV thing out of the house altogether. We have no cable, no satellite - whatever we watch has to come from the computer or DVDs from Netflix or the library; news from a newspaper, Internet, and radio. It is heavenly! My kids actually get TV shock when we visit family that has the tube on all the time. Ugh.

Yeah, weird that Steiner doesn't have a garden yet, but IIRC, isn't that one an urban Steiner by choice?? I once looked up the possibilities for my kids in the area, and thought I read that.

Hope you are settling in emotionally as well as can be; I still feel for you, having to bug out like that.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    sun and more wind today. we didnt do much other than the usual run around in circles. the kids are getting into stealing mine and the horses molasses. the horse is not happy LOL

why is it i can overhead press the 20kg bar really easily but 2 x 10kg dumbbells is a total mission? i was doing dumbbell compounds. the theory is you use the weight for your weakest exercise which is the OH press. my dumbbell collection jumps from 6kgs to 10kgs so i have to deal with it. reverse lunges, romanian deadlifts, good mornings, front squats,floor press and bent over row. pretty easy with 10kg dumbbells. but OH press is nasty. major progress, i managed to floor press without the dog assisting. i had to tell him off and make him lay down but i still managed 3 sets of 12. it would not be so bad if he just stood still on top of me but the bouncing is very distracting. he is poss a bit too big even if he did stand still LOL i have been playing with the bulgarian bag too. i now see why the expensive ones have handles all around. much easier to snatch that way. i am going to see if i can acquire a 7kg as i reckon all the overhead stuff would be better with a lighter weight as you get quite a lot of leverage swinging 12kg around your head in a circular motion.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Wicked Seas - you are right up there with all your exersizes.
    Just thinking about it all makes me tired !!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

LOL i had to wait till the afternoon and i'd been for a long walk on my own. no dog. no kids. before i had the energy to do them. i can feel too f*cked to exercise if i put too much thought into it but once i get going, i feel infinitely better and once i've been going a while, i can climb mountains. that is the addict in me getting off on the endorphins. i also find coz i know i can do it, i can. my personal trainer taught me that. the nasty sadist makes me do all this stuff with huge weights then says "well we know you can do it now" LOL so coz i know i can, i can do 3 sets of 6 OH press with 10kg dumbbells. i dont really feel like it and it isnt easy!

how is BBY coming on G?

BBY????? What is that???? lMAO- seas I have had the weekend from HELL, so no BBy this weekend! however I have managed a couple of walks with the goat and the dog.
    Tomorrow is another day.
    G x

...small steps....

BBY bring you own booze but spelt wrong LOL tomorrow hopefully will be better. i always say that too. i left the dog behind today when i went for a walk. we all ran around the back yard with him earlier and he went for a long run with his doggy mate so i got some peace. too much crowd control already this weekend so i needed some space. i do need to branch out my exercise so i can adapt it to when i am back against the wall or otherwise cooped up.

I don't think that you need to adapt at all Seas. You are a well adapted cave girl, who anyone would be proud to have on their team......keep at it
    G x

...small steps....