Page 4 of 534 FirstFirst ... 234561454104504 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 4

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    white potatoes are hard for me too, i will eat all the potatoes! all of them.

sweet potatoes don't have the same allure. they aren't a problem for me with weight/etc either becuase I'm not looking to loose weight, so all good there.

Hurtle is offline Junior Member
    Hi Kiwi's
    My family (wife and 3 kids) are moving to NZ in October, we will be in Wellington and are looking forward to some of that good wholesome food.

We've been primal for about a month, so still newbies... can't seem to get the portions right at the moment and so still hungry sometimes, which can lead to the biscuit tin!

Feeling better though and looking forward to our first NZ summer (Britain's was cancelled).

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Hi hurtle!

The first month was the hardest I think. I was waking up hungry during the night and everything. Eventually my body figured out that it wasn't going to starve on low carbs and the hunger just went away.

We kept waiting for summer last year and it never happened so we have high hopes that this time it will.

hi hurtle.

when you get here, drop me a line (pm or whatever) and we'll get together. We are in welly.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Hurtle, when you travel down to the south island - look us up.
    and good luck with the move ! bring your sunnies !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

fat belly frog is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rueben View Post

Nice to see the Kiwis on the forum - and we are so lucky with the quality of our fresh produce and grass fed meat. I haven't been able to buy a decent apple since I moved to Perth - there was a story on the news the other day that tested the apples in Coles Supermarkets. They were up to 18 months old!!

Bonus though - strawberries are now in season at $2 per punnet!
    Reuben,

Not sure where abouts in Perth you are but try and find a local farmers market, we get all our fruit and veg from the striling market in the northern suburbs, always fresh and apples are picked the day before, or so they say.... Also order all our grass feed free range meat in bulk from barelyfeilds in gin gin.

I am a kiwi living in Perth, just spent 3 years back in the naki with work and still have family ties in whakatane. Enjoyed my time back home and got right into fishing and hunting (wild foods rock) and all the outdoors stuff NZ is great for. Come home once a year to chase wild deer about the NZ bush and try and trick a trout or two into taking a fly. Plan to retire back in the bay of plenty so much to do around there.

Been primal on and off for the last couple of years, lost 15 plus kg's and have about 10 to go. Lose it quick when I go 100 percent but as a ex farm boy I like my dairy too much.....

Cheers
    "Times fun when you are having Flies" Kermit the frog

Hurtle is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the replies!
    Zoebird, I will take you up on that, I will be working in Lower Hutt and probably we will rent in the area too, to start with at least.
    We are still trying to figure out where to live as we have to sort schooling for my (soon to be) 14 year old daughter.

I really don't know anything about schools for that age group, honestly, or anything beyond steiner. LOL if you're interested in a steiner high school for her, there's one in belmont. it's probably closer to upper hutt, but whatever. i can't figure where lower ends and upper begins.

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Enjoy the Australian strawberry season, best fruit ever !
    True. Until it is mango season

trishmas is offline Junior Member
    I was so excited to see this thread!!!
    I thought I was a lonesome lil primal kiwi!
    I'm 27, grew up in Dargaville, been an Aucklander now for a while, recently primal (nearly 2 months!) and I have no primal mates!! Everyone thinks I'm a bit crazy, but I absolutely love this lifestyle! I've struggled to lose weight for all of my adult life, and have been on every diet under the sun. Have had difficulties with energy levels & gut issues, but I think I'm finally getting on top of these. The primal lifestyle really suits me, & I think it'll actually work, I just need to be a bit stricter. My biggest issues are eating cheese (loove it!) & drinking red wine (loove it more). Not too much difficulty giving up grains, although I reeeeallly miss vogels toast with vegemite!

Good luck to all of you, I'm so glad I found this

Page 4 of 534 FirstFirst ... 234561454104504 ... LastLast