Page 390 of 532 FirstFirst ... 290340380388389390391392400440490 ... LastLast
Results 3,891 to 3,900 of 5319

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 390

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hi hi, Crabby! It's so good to see you!

G, I've been awake for many many hours.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Hey Joanie - thanks. I took off for a little while to travel with First and sulk about my cat and do the busy life thing and sulk some more. One word of eternally true advice: during a long, hard sulk, NEVER have a Hamburger Helper buffet for dinner...
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Welcome back CC! Sorry about your cat. It feels so much nicer around here now that you and Gwamma are back.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    omgomgomg - Hamburger Helper!

Here's how I shopped when I first moved out of my parents' home. Five one-pound packages of ground beef, five boxes of Hamburger Helper, lunch meat, sliced white bread. Why only five? Because one day a week, we ate at each of our parents' homes. LOL
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Hey, Forager!

You know, hubby came to us a week ago and said this: he has been tempted by an offer by an airline where if you spend some frequent flyer miles before end of Nov, and finish the trip before the end of Mar '14, you get fully 50% of the miles you spent returned to the account. He said up to three of us can go, lower 48. I have been looking at redwoods in CA, having never been there and always wanting to go. I thought of you and a dinner, all at the same time... But we have made no progress on who the chosen 3 would be, with the exception of Fourth, who gets a spot because she has never flown before, and exactly where, because if Fourth goes, it would kinda need to jive with something attractive for her. Meaning dinosaurs.

Hubby wants San Fran. I found a state park in NM that has real dino tracks. Fourth wants Four Corners because she once saw a photo of a girl doing the Twister-game backbend thing where one limb was in each state on the medallion, and she thinks that would be cool. Nobody wants Florida. Decisions, decisions. Or we save the miles and the money. But wow, a plane ride for 50% the normal mileage and $35 per in fees...
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    omgomgomg
    I know... It gets better - four boxes in one night: one flavor for hubby, one flavor for Fourth, one for First, and one for me. Second and Third eat regular for their diets. Fourth thought she had died and gone to heaven - the mommy is making a box mix, OMG! The excitement in the kitchen was palpable. We sautéed, stirred, and bubbled. We ran to get soup plates. We blew on hot spots and slurped and gobbled it ALL up. And before the dishes even hit the dishwasher, Fourth says... "Mom, I don't think we should do that again. My stomach hurts." And then the rest of us felt it, too. Post-prandial factory food funk. Sigh - humans are weak creatures sometimes.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Hi CC - I have missed so much since going AWOL - i desperately need to read everyones journal, but am sad about your wee cat. Its always hard when you lose family members. love and hugs to you all
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i dont even know what a hamburger helper is which is probably a good thing. i am always telling the kids there are some things in life we dont need to know LOL didnt make the cake as i found out the bag i thought was coconut flour was in fact raising agent. and then when i had located the coconut flour, i'd already fed the horse the carrot that was left. end of pay week food blues. me and the dog would survive on the venison in the freezer but everyone else would riot. as it was they got chocolate fudge sauce that sets on their icecream as i found a jar of honey whilst looking for the coconut flour so they can't complain.

i made the 6k block in a smidgen under 50 mins with the dog today. progress. usually i have to leave him behind to do it in under an hour as he does love to dither and smell the roses if he gets the chance.

sale looks good Misabi but the shipping kills most of it. i do need a pair of boxing gloves and i could go a sand bag/bulgarian bag of some kind.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    sale looks good Misabi but the shipping kills most of it. i do need a pair of boxing gloves and i could go a sand bag/bulgarian bag of some kind.
    Yeah, luckily they've recently opened a showroom up here, so you can pickup direct. Mind you, even that's twice as far too go now

I bought some gymnastic rings, a new pullup bar to bolt to the barn wall and just for fun the ab roller you can strap to your feet
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Misabi, your place looks awesome! We traded the city for a small village a few years ago, and never want to go back. We only have 1/2 acre at this stage, but if any of the neighbours sell their sections we'll be scrabbling around to find the dollars to buy! We have damson plums, apples, a huge peach tree, grapes, 2 nectarines (that have so far averaged about 2 fruit each, lol), 3 persimmons, and heaps of natives. I don't think you can replace the sound of the birds with anything better, ever!
    Thanks Jac. The commute's a bit of a trek but well worth it, at least with the long evenings that is, I'm sure I'll be moaning cine midwinter
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/