Page 39 of 536 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 39

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    So, two funny kiddie stories from this morning that just cracked us up.

First, I did my measurements this morning (one week since we started IFing) and I'm at 26.5 inches at my waist (down from 27.5 from my August/Sept binging), and I'm at 37 inches on my hips (down from 38.5 inches from my binge).

So, I tell my husband "so, half an inch of the waist to go, and then I'd like to be an inch down on the hips." and DS chimes in and says "Well, you know, you probably just need more yoga, mom."

He's right, of course. LOL

Then, second, I was telling my husband of the dream I had last night, wherein I was hanging out with the Obamas. And DS goes "What are Obamas?"

I don't know why that tickled me so, but it did. DH explained the US political system to DS, and that the Obamas are an american family (mom, dad, two girls and a dog), and that Barack Obama is the dad and he is also the president of US. DS asked if that was like a king, and so DH had to explain that hte US doesn't have kings and the relative merits of monarchy vs the political system of the US.

It always ends up complex. But really "what are Obamas?" That had me going.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Claude485 View Post
    I would say hello from across the ditch but after the Wallabies effort, I will hang my head in shame and reappear when I have something to gloat about
    Oh Claude - we are all here for you man, and at the end of the day - its just a game !!!!!! Just really sad that its a Kiwi at the helm, not quite doing it for you guys!

[QUOTE=seaweed;973801]

gymed it this morning and i feel so so much better. dont do situps gwamma, you will get britney spears syndrome! i absolutely love the ab wheel at my gym. it is nasty and does all your shoulders and arms too. i am trying to work out how to use 2 of my dumbbells as ab wheels at home. the dratted dog is the problem tho as the moment i lay on the floor, he thinks i want to play and it is all on. 40 odd kg of scrawny, boney dog with a long wagging stringy tail akin to a bullwhip sitting on you whilst you are trying to ab wheel is incredibly offputting!

[QUOTE]

havn't tried the ab wheel as such, but these are really a hard out version - hard to explain, however when the ROAD TRIP happens, I will show you in person !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    So, two funny kiddie stories from this morning that just cracked us up.

Zoebird, fantastic loss - you go girl
    and I love 4 year olds. They do come out with the most fantastic stories. Its wonderful to hear that you are extending him by explaining stuff. So many parents fob their kids off, its sad, cos thats how we learn. You will be able to extend even further by cutting out pictures of Barack and all things american from the news paper........ oh shit....... sorry thats the early childhood educator coming out in me. LOL
    ..... time to to go back to being a farmer !!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Jac
    Jac is online now Senior Member
    Cute kid, Zoebird! He sounds like a bright spark - I love it when kids are working things out .

I have ex-racing greyhounds - they don't have a really high prey drive, but when they decide to go after something, they tend to catch it, lol. We muzzle them, just because they hit full speed within a couple of strides so we have no chance to do any damage control. Love them to bits, though - they're the laziest critters ever.

I have completely and utterly fallen off the wagon today. Too little sleep, too much stress, and a long drive = sugar binge. I'm home again now, heading for bed so I can sleep it off, and starting again from this minute. I frustrate myself so damn much sometimes!!!!!

We're only about 1.5 hrs from Waihi - count us in to a summer visit.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post

I have completely and utterly fallen off the wagon today. Too little sleep, too much stress, and a long drive = sugar binge. I'm home again now, heading for bed so I can sleep it off, and starting again from this minute. I frustrate myself so damn much sometimes!!!!!

We're only about 1.5 hrs from Waihi - count us in to a summer visit.
    Don't beat yourself up Jac, just get back up on that horse - I do....frequently !!!!!!

I certainly will look you up when we make the next trip up north, in fact it is gonna be one great big party right up the country !!!!

...small steps....

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    I have ex-racing greyhounds - they don't have a really high prey drive, but when they decide to go after something, they tend to catch it, lol. We muzzle them, just because they hit full speed within a couple of strides so we have no chance to do any damage control. Love them to bits, though - they're the laziest critters ever.
    Mine are Akitas, approx 40kg each and while they aren't anywhere near as quick as you fellas, they're too quick to catch when they let rip and not very good at the old recall either

So unfortunately, they are only allowed out of the house on the lead and muzzled at this stage. Just not worth the risk having them un-muzzled when there are so many little yappers who are freely running around and charge at us (obviously thinking they are a hell of a lot bigger than they really are) trying to get all aggro with mine. I don't want either of mine to be put down because someone else lets their dogs run around uncontrolled.

It's a real shame as I love to see them running free and they do usually hang around near us, or run off to explore and then pop back every so often, so I have to save it for the winter and drive of to a remote beach. Planning on spending some time with a trainer this year to try and sort out some of my boy's aggression issues, which are totally based in fear. He's a very nervous dog unfortunately
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    ITA with gwamma dont beat yourself up. what i will say tho is i noticed something at the weekend. i did have lots of stress, not enough sleep etc but i was out. i took some paua and some cream. i couldnt cook it as i couldnt get in the kitchen. the chick who cooked it just couldnt get her head around the "take me some out before you thicken the sauce" as she makes it like a bechemel sauce. as in it went over the top of her head totally. i asked politely twice and ended up with gluten free flour. tried to explain and it was like i was talking another language. ive been off the grains and sugar totally now for 4 weeks. i have no desire to binge eat anymore which for me is huge. it took me 3 good weeks of the 4 to get there. just that bit of GF flour made me want to eat like a horse all of sunday. so maybe when you do carb night, try for cleaner carbs to prevent falling off the horse or the desire to nose dive off the horse the next few days? i am almost back to normal now but i can still feel it.

Mine are Akitas, approx 40kg each and while they aren't anywhere near as quick as you fellas, they're too quick to catch when they let rip and not very good at the old recall either
    mine is a vizsla. he's prob the same weight but a very different shape. i would say he could poss get quite close to a greyhound speedwise over a distance as they were bred to run with horses all day. he is definitely more cunning as they are hunting dogs. as he is a teen tho, and his breed mature about 4yrs of age, once he goes and he is focussed where he is going, the adrenaline takes over and he is difficult to stop. he's not at all aggressive but i am very careful as he frequently gets mistaken for a ridgeback or pitbull cross. people really are stupid like that. i would love to find a trainer who knows the breed as he will do all the tricks at home, is pretty chilled where he is familiar outdoors but unfamiliar area or distractions and he turns into a bouncing over excitable maniac.

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    cunning bouncing over excitable maniac.
    sounds a bit like me when I go shopping !!!!!

...small steps....

lmao my first husband had an incredibly elderly meek little french gwamma. that was till she got into the market with her shopping kete and then became like that. total character transformation!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I so love a good shop - althou it is no fun when the hand brake comes along !!!!!!!LOL

made the butter chicken again for tonight. Added a bit more spice and woohoo, it tastes GREAT !!!!!!!
    Where is AnnieH, by the way ??????

...small steps....