Page 388 of 535 FirstFirst ... 288338378386387388389390398438488 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,880 of 5341

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 388

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    is 80 deg C dehydrator temp or higher? if you can do it with bacon, you can do it with any meat. i wouldnt bother cooking it first but i eat meat raw. you could marinate in something first i guess to "precook". kumara could work. just try it and see. you could prob do quite a nice pav at that temp.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    drooling over the dogs and the chook art here M! who did the chook art? i missed the tattoo convention down here as i had the kids and i thought it was R18. congrats on the farmlet too. you will all love it! do the dogs get hot up north?
    I can't remember the name of the artist, but all hand painted/made, apparently one offs. Got them at the Auckland ink show last year along with another piece that's packed away at the mo, I'll put up pics once we've hung everything

Funnily is my boy wasabi (the darker one) that can't handle the heat and he's short haired too. He gets bad heat rash and really itchy. Miso (our old girl) has longer hair and seems to do much better, maybe it insulates from the heat add much as the cold.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Misabi - have you bought yourself a lifestyle block ??
    Yup, finally sorted it out and moved in on Monday
    3 bedroom cottage on 1.8ha
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Misabi - that is so exciting. Your days will be full to overflowing, but it is so nice to be out of the ratrace in the open, fresh air.
    Enjoy!!!!!!!!
    Seas i sort of thought because bacon was already cured it would make a difference - hence the cooking meat question. But yes I think that I will give it a go and see where it takes me.
    I went dairy free about 2 weeks ago, feel great, but I need some more grab snacks when I get hungry, or if I am out or whatever.
    I have been reading furiously since coming back on MDA, and I really think that going back to the basics is what I need right now.
    So here's to " the basics" (raises glass in toast)
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

So here's to " the basics" (raises glass in toast)
    i'm about to go for a ride on the motorcycle so i will be avoiding those basics right now LOL i did have a night on the ouzo the other day so i skipped dinner. what i want to know is why i always look 5 yrs younger when i get up after a night on the town? i do hardly ever do it but it is something which has intrigued me. my current theory is mild dehydration so no early morning puffiness. on the looking better subject, it is early days yet and i may be suffering delusion, but i have been experimenting with molasses and brewer's yeast for grey hair. the bits around my temples grow out between hair dresser visits and i have to redye them. maybe every 2 weeks. i was at the stage of thinking of re-instating the morticia streaks LOL but i decided to try 6 months on the molasses first. it's been 10 days and i am sure some of the hair is growing back dark.

i've been getting navel oranges as my snacks. it's almost akin to eating gummy bears they are that sweet. but so nice. that said, i love biltong which is what you would essentially be making. i made some bresaola with some venison a while back and i didnt cook it. i marinated it in coconut sugar and salt and herbs in the fridge for a week or so ( google a recipe ) then i hung it to air dry in my dog tucker fridge. it was incredibly tasty. you could also air dry outside if you had a fly proof net to keep it in.

Miso chilling out and settling into her new home

The view and sounds from my first Sunday morning in the farmhouse. http://static.photobucket.com/player...020_082800.mp4
    Last edited by Misabi; 10-20-2013 at 01:05 AM.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Awww she looks gorgeous! is that an apple tree there in blossom? what is the other tree to the left of it? i am feeling quite rinsed today. i walked all up 21 or so ks yesterday ( 2 trips around the block with the dog and then a round trip to my fave beach without the dog as he isnt allowed there boo!!! ) the moon rising was phenomenal. well worth the trip to see. today i have been tailing all morning and then i managed a swift walk around the block again before i got the kids. oohh and my naturally fermented ginger beer i made for the kids has actually fizzed!!!!

Possibly, not 100% site what we've got yet. I know there's a macadamia, a low kuat, chilean guava Berry, nashi pear and green gage plum trees. Looks like a small avo tree buried in the copse behind the garage too.

The moon has been awesome the last two nights

chilean guava berries are bushes here. prob a little bit taller than me. they fruit real well. other name is NZ cranberry. i love greengages but they often only fruit every second year. the blossoming tree looks more like an apple or pear to me as it has blossom and leaves at the same time. plums usually get blossom first.

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    chilean guava berries are bushes here. prob a little bit taller than me. they fruit real well. other name is NZ cranberry. i love greengages but they often only fruit every second year. the blossoming tree looks more like an apple or pear to me as it has blossom and leaves at the same time. plums usually get blossom first.
    I had 2 guava berry trees in my old garden, both about 20ft tall

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Good morning everyone! Though I do believe it's about 230am and tomorrow by you all.

G, I got nothing on dehydration of meat. Try as I might, I don't like it, so I've never learned to make it. I'm sure that when the zombies come, I'll learn to like it to survive.

Misabi, that dog looks so at peace. Beautiful. I'm delighted for you on your new home.

Sea, give it another two decades - a night on the town will show in every pore on your face. LOL. Enjoy youth while it is still yours.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.