Page 387 of 532 FirstFirst ... 287337377385386387388389397437487 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,870 of 5316

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 387

  1. #3861
    NZ primal Gwamma's Avatar
    NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    4,304
    Shop Now
    thanx LL and Misabi - you have no idea how I have missed you all -
    x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

    ...small steps....

  2. #3862
    Misabi's Avatar
    Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,669
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    thanx LL and Misabi - you have no idea how I have missed you all -
    x
    So best you don't go missing again, eh?

    I've had my own dramas over the past couple of weeks too. Finally moved into my little farm cottage after the deal went sour and the previous owner went nuts, it all ended badly. But we moved in on Monday evening and are still cleaning, the place was filthy and still stinks of cat piss, but getting there.

    Even with all that we're still glad we've madethe move and the place will be great once it's cleaned up and had a coat of paint, maybe a new bathroom and possibly kitchen (if I get my way ).

    The kids have made themselves at home at least

    Last edited by Misabi; 10-18-2013 at 02:52 AM.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

    Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

  3. #3863
    Lizzielou's Avatar
    Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Brunei
    Posts
    650
    Wow Misabi it looks fab! A real cottage, cool.

    So Gwamma.......spill the beans......where have you been?

  4. #3864
    Annieh's Avatar
    Annieh is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,220
    A big hug to you, Gwamma, welcome back and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, I'll be catching up with you next year

    It's so good to have you back, missed you heaps xx

  5. #3865
    ssn679doc's Avatar
    ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    So best you don't go missing again, eh?

    I've had my own dramas over the past couple of weeks too. Finally moved into my little farm cottage after the deal went sour and the previous owner went nuts, it all ended badly. But we moved in on Monday evening and are still cleaning, the place was filthy and still stinks of cat piss, but getting there.

    Even with all that we're still glad we've madethe move and the place will be great once it's cleaned up and had a coat of paint, maybe a new bathroom and possibly kitchen (if I get my way ).

    The kids have made themselves at home at least

    Awesome pic there.... With that mantle art you HAVE to get some chooks!!!

  6. #3866
    Misabi's Avatar
    Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,669
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Awesome pic there.... With that mantle art you HAVE to get some chooks!!!
    Cool hey? Picked them up as individual cards at a tattoo convention

    Lots of modern funky art (as in new and cool, not the style) to bring our flavour to the old place.

    And yes, chooks to come. Just need to add some leading boxes and roosting perches to an old double dog run more recently used to house a couple of peking ducks, then relocate it from the back garden to one of the paddocks out front and we're good to go


    Last edited by Misabi; 10-18-2013 at 05:39 AM.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

    Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

  7. #3867
    NZ primal Gwamma's Avatar
    NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    4,304
    Thank Annie. X
    LL one day I just might do some beans spilling...........
    And Misabi WOW, cute dogs, cute fireplace, and I love the chooks !!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

    ...small steps....

  8. #3868
    seaweed's Avatar
    seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,193
    drooling over the dogs and the chook art here M! who did the chook art? i missed the tattoo convention down here as i had the kids and i thought it was R18. congrats on the farmlet too. you will all love it! do the dogs get hot up north? my neighbour has a short haired shepherd which cracks me up as it is pretty fluffy. that feels the heat here of all places! my dog is more like red gold velvet. he feels the cold so we dont have that problem. which is also why he has to sleep in the house LOL

    sun is out here today. yesterday we had torrential rain. me and the dog went to the beach for a run as i figured no one else would be there. 2 sealions were but they were asleep. and 3 people i didnt recognise with a handbag dog.

  9. #3869
    Urban Forager's Avatar
    Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,522
    Gwamma I was so surprised and happy to see that you're back! (Now if we can just find Crabbcakes)

    And welcome to the over 50 club!
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

  10. #3870
    NZ primal Gwamma's Avatar
    NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    4,304
    Hey thanx Forager. Hope all is well with you and the whanau.
    Has CC been AWOL as well ?.....
    Misabi - have you bought yourself a lifestyle block ??
    Okay question time from ditsy Gwamma.............. Last night I dried some bacon (80*C for 3 hours) . Really yummy, however I don't actually eat much bacon............ So firstly can I do this with other meats? And do I just slice it raw and bake as above? Or do I need to cook it first then dry it out ??.?.
    Also could I do the same with kumara?
    Ideas please
    Thank you
    X
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

    ...small steps....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •