Page 383 of 535 FirstFirst ... 283333373381382383384385393433483 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,830 of 5350

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 383

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    hi guys - how is everybody coping after that gorgeous winter day !!!!!!!! Suns out, the daffies are poking their little heads up out of the earth, Gwamma went for a long walk, and did BBY.............. beautiful.............
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Good for you, you sound real motivated on the exercise after your holiday. I had a good walk today, and planning a tramp tomorrow, hopefully it won't be toooooo wet a day but we'll go anyway.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    lovely couple of days. DH and DS could manage it, but i got the nasty cold that was going around, and I'm being careful with myself. Lots and lots of rest.

DS was sweet today. He wanted a sandwich (a special treat), and we couldn't find one at the supermarket, so I got him a frozen pizza. He was so excited. It's amazing how something so simple can make a kid happy. It was pretty special to share a pizza with him. and that's funny. definitely in that 20%, but fun nonetheless.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    no daffies here yet. i went for a walk but got captured by aliens lol it ended up being a slow walk. but it was fun. on the subject of daffies, there is that place where the old brewery was in lawrence which has acres of old daffodils. we stopped and had a look when we went skiing last year. totally unreal. well worth a visit if you are in the area.
    Hart's Black Horse Brewery & Daffodil Fields

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Hi hi, everyone. Fighting the lethargy that invariably hits during our hot summer. However, I read today that Death Valley had record tying and breaking temps for June of 54.4C !!! Which means that I'm a wimp, since we're nowhere near that hot (thank non-specified deity).

Good to see everyone enjoying winter - I'll live vicariously through you all.

Sea, lovely photos (the daffodil brewery).
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Morning all - yep that was a gorgeous photo Seas - more please !!!!!
    J - I have been thinking of you all - that heat is horrendous. I am so pleased that we missed it by a week or two. I found the Indiana humidity awful - so can't even begin to imagine the temps you are having. Keep cool girl..........
    CC - was thinking of you last night as I downloaded some more photies. Hope the whanau are all well......

had a horrid day yesterday - just all sorts of sh-t going down...........and then I got the mail !!!!!! I was sent the most amazing little package that held a few wee treats.......... it just made my day !!!!!!!!!! We all need a wee fabulous day-maker !!!!!!!! so a huge thank you to mine !!!!!!!!!!

I hope that everyone is having a gorgeous day ..............
    x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Hey Gwamma! (waving furiously)

Yup, all doing well. First and Fourth are getting packed to go to a week-long, stay-over horse camp, and they cannot wait. I was thinking of you today as well - see, we here at Crabbcakes Manor came into possession of a wonderful wood trivet, made of a NZ wood species and carved to resemble a fern, and it held up a biiiiig 'ole hot baking dish of smoked sausage tonight.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Today is going well. Had to get car repairs. We were afraid it would be the gasket, but no. Luckily, a small (inexpensive) repair, and we're good to go. Thank goodness!

Big staff meeting tonight; no clue who is coming.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Hey folks :-)

Trucking along up here, being driven bananas by the housing market. Every time we find a place it either gets snapped up by a cash buyer or we get just pipped to the postwith getting an offer in.

Looking at another place this weekend and also looking like we have someone interested in buying our place too, so touch wood we'll be putting in an offer on Monday.

So I've been busy doing touch up painting and laying carpets to tidy our place up, meaning my "gym" (spare room and hall way where I do pullups) have been full of clutter and I haven't really done any training for weeks.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    DH was so excited about each fill up. $55 US was the most we paid for a full tank......... here in NZ $150 fills up our Holden, not sure about the conversion, but its HUGE !!!!!!!!
    What are the prices like in your neck of the woods LL ?????
    !!!
    Petrol is super cheap here, about $20 to fill the average car! Eating out is very cheap too, we had top grade sushi the other night for our family of four plus one extra kid and it cost $65 (i had a big sashimi platter). Of course no booze to make the bill higher. Supermarket food varies because its all imported, but the local market has very cheap produce. Got four mangoes for $5 this week, 1 kg of tomatoes for $1.50. I've also located a shop within walking distance of our house that sells eggs from their own chickens, not exactly free range but far from battery farmed at least and no food miles. Also they sell fresh cooked onion Baji and pakora, 30 c each. I did get a BBQ mackerel from a street vendor for $6, that was a nice lunch.

Still no Internet at our new house. Boooo!