Page 382 of 535 FirstFirst ... 282332372380381382383384392432482 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,820 of 5341

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 382

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    G, you would laugh if you knew how much we Americans bitch when gasoline goes over $3.50/gallon. We feel very entitled to our cars, pickup trucks, etc. I'm so glad that Mr. Gwamma enjoyed driving here - you certainly did enough of it. We often don't know how good we have it until we find out about a country that charges almost as much per liter as we pay for a gallon.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    it's true. my FB friends complain about gas prices (and they have MASSIVE cars), and I'm like . . . yeah, let me get the world's smallest violin for you! LOL I think we paid $2.11/liter this week.

Xbeldaran is offline Junior Member
    The UK petrol prices are painful as well

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    DH was so excited about each fill up. $55 US was the most we paid for a full tank......... here in NZ $150 fills up our Holden, not sure about the conversion, but its HUGE !!!!!!!!
    What are the prices like in your neck of the woods LL ?????
    Another thing that I couldn't believe was - when you were out at a restaurant, a meal that would have cost $35 - $ 40 NZ, was like $15 US !!!!!!!!!! with the 18% gratuity that we paid on top of that each meal - it was SO cheap compared with here !!!!!!!!
    ....................and I think I have said this before but that American people were just LOVELY !!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

$1 US = $1.28 NZ, so $55 US = $70.40 NZ. Wow, it's still more than twice as expensive where you are.

The US might sort of suck, but god bless cheap gasoline. I have found that people are really nice to folks on vacation. Sometimes when I go to the Quarter, I pretend I'm a tourist for just that reason.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

and cheap food. and cheap goods.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...pseaf183e8.jpg

here is a wee frella that stopped by to say hello - in Yellowstone !!!!!!!! very cute - however rather large !!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post

here is a wee frella that stopped by to say hello - in Yellowstone !!!!!!!! very cute - however rather large !!!!!!!!
    Cool. Would get a few steaks out that fella ;-)
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    and cheap food. and cheap goods.
    It's funny, but since I stopped eating subsidized foods, I'm only now realizing how cheap (albeit often unhealthy) food here is.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post

A moose - lucky you! They're so cute and gangly. Your next pic is a bison which is the source of the marrow bones I love so much. Now those are American food animals.

B*tch-lite

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Even healthy food in the US is cheaper.

In the US, we spend about $200-250 per week on food. Here, it's $300-375. We buy seasonal, local, and not even organic (organic costs 30%-40% more). We try to buy sustainable, and know our farmers, but it's not always possible.

Seriously, NZ food in the US is cheaper than it is in NZ.