Page 38 of 534 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 38

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryKiwi47 View Post
    :O

We get a thread of our own? Awesome. Great to see I have some tribe members here in Aotearoa. ^_^
    woo hoo Angry Kiwi47 - how you doing. of course we have a thread. We are the champions of the rugby world - so need to rant rave and be proud ! Welcome to our exclusive whanau, althou I think others are welcome too
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    We are the champions of the rugby world - so need to rant rave and be proud !
    pfft. grumble. hmph

Kiwichick is offline Junior Member
    Morning fellow Kiwis!

Anyone going to be watching The Native Diet on Maori Channel??? very much looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Danielfire View Post
    pfft. grumble. hmph
    Danielfire you we thing !!!!! You can come and be an honorary Kiwi too. The Aussies have stolen a couple of our wee treasures, ie pharlap, Russel Crowe, just to name a few.... so we don't mind stealing a few wee quality Aussies in there place.
    Come on over and lets have us a party !!!!

Kiwichick - hello, what time and do you mean channel 19 ?
    I can tape it for later

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Morning ladies

Another interesting TV programme, and who says there's nothing decent on TV? I don't think it would be seemly for me to put on the telly at work unfortunately, might set the digital recorder next week though.

I've just spent the last few minutes reading through Nixxy's home page about her amazing weight loss journey so far (she's a 21yo kiwi). Its very inspiring to see these fantastic results in others. I'm a health professional and have always had quite an interest (hobby) in nutrition, so this Primal way of life really challenges everything I know to be true. I was very worried when I began living/eating this way that I was experimenting or risking my health - basically I was going against most dietary advice I'd ever been given. The fact that I havn't ballooned to some hidious weight is quite astounding given the food I've been eating that was previously on the 'never ever' list, but clearly primal is working for me (as it does with others).

It has challenged alot of what we believe etc... Just talking this morning to a friend, telling her about my dramatic lifestyle change - 6 months ago.......she was getting ready to dis the whole thing and I said to her
    at the moment I am adjusting my macros, to try and restart my weight loss. I eat 50% of my daily calories from fat, 35 %.... I didn't get any further
    blah blah blah........she said.
    Hang on, I replied - if I am eating 1400 calories a day, and 50 % is from fat - that equates to 100gm of butter ! (720calories). 100Gms of butter aint alot of fat -
    I said, I know a whole heap of people who would eat 4 x this amount of fat per day.... AND eat heaps of sugar...AND eat heaps of processed food, which is full of sugar.
    Oh she said, and changed the subject !!!!!
    KORGS are so frustrating.
    I need to read Nixxys journal.... I'll be back in a few hours....LOL

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    It is so frustrating that anyone you tell about Primal just looks at you like you're a monster from outer space and disregards everything you say. My mother just got so hooked up on cholesterol and how mine will be through the roof given all the eggs I eat (like dietary cholesterol from eggs hasn't been ruled out for decades now) that she couldn't even understand that I don't eat sugar in any form.

Kiwichick is offline Junior Member
    Kiwichick - hello, what time and do you mean channel 19 ?
    I can tape it for later[/QUOTE]

yes - channel 19....starts on the 20th of oct i think, its about Maori and the diet of their ancestors.

KC, thanx I shall book it now !
    off to do some strength training, and some situps
    Yay

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    It is so frustrating that anyone you tell about Primal just looks at you like you're a monster from outer space and disregards everything you say.
    this is why i keep my mouth shut these days and sneak out the back for a cigarette when the going gets tough so me and my nefarious nutrition habits blend right in lol

off to do some strength training, and some situps
    gymed it this morning and i feel so so much better. dont do situps gwamma, you will get britney spears syndrome! i absolutely love the ab wheel at my gym. it is nasty and does all your shoulders and arms too. i am trying to work out how to use 2 of my dumbbells as ab wheels at home. the dratted dog is the problem tho as the moment i lay on the floor, he thinks i want to play and it is all on. 40 odd kg of scrawny, boney dog with a long wagging stringy tail akin to a bullwhip sitting on you whilst you are trying to ab wheel is incredibly offputting!

making venison sausages with juniper and sage once i've recovered from lunch. i am pretty impressed so far with the venison horopito sausies. i love horopito as a seasoning and it is from our beloved country. apparently it is such an old plant it was around at the time of the dinosaurs. there are a few heavily grazed bush remnants near me on private land that are literally forests of horopito as the sheep wont touch it. they are on real exposed coastal hills so the horopito is a real mottled red. way cool to wander around in if you dodge the onga onga underneath them.