Page 366 of 533 FirstFirst ... 266316356364365366367368376416466 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,660 of 5326

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 366

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    well done G. did you actually stab them? or just do the hay and walking around thing? you would need to check details with someone you know who knows. I will try to remember to ask any of the neighbours if they know if i see them. I knew an american dairy farmer who was real WAP orientated. I am sure they kept a bottle of cheap vege oil for treating bloat in cows. I have a very vivid memory of her telling me it was similar principle to pouring oil on boiling water to stop it bubbling. i wasnt totally thinking at the time as i have never had cows. but if it works, it is poss easier and more user friendly than the trick with the knife. you can give horses beer when they have colic but i think that works more as a relaxant than an anti gaseous agent.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    no I didn't actually have to stab any, but we pretended (practiced) on the goat. So I now know where on a cattle beast I would have to stab if the beastie goes down and cannot get up. But the stabbing is an absolute last resort, and then subcut antibiotics etc..... These huge needles allow a small hole to be created, without the need for follow up stitches............ however I am so hoping that I NEVER have to do this one !!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

yeah i can imagine!! knowing how deep to stab would be my worry. plus what if it moves or runs away or gets annoyed. i wouldnt be too happy with someone stabbing me! have you BBY'd yet G? i have to stay home till lunch time before i go for a walk and i am BBYing today. i had a whitebait omlette for breakfast as well. i'd forgotten how nice whitebait are.

BBY is planned for later this morning - famous last words....................

...small steps....

LOL i am saying the same thing. so far i havent gone for a run at 6am in the pitch dark rainy windy night as i was too rinsed. i was going to go for a walk when i dropped the kids off at school but my current work plan means i should go do it at lunch time. i was going to go anyways, but i havent yet. how many more days before the big trip?

................... 5 more sleeps...................

...small steps....

so you are going on tuesday? good timing as it is starting to get very wintery here.

wednesday - mid afternoon we fly to Auckland, then onto Vancouver, arriving the same day - mid afternoon !!!!!!!

...small steps....

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Wave as you go past Gwamma :-D
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    wednesday - mid afternoon we fly to Auckland, then onto Vancouver, arriving the same day - mid afternoon !!!!!!!
    Time twavel, Gwamma.

Sorry I haven't been around much. My brain is doing its squirrelly thing. So, I'm popping VitD like there's no tomorrow, and getting some real sun. And pretty much living inside a murder mystery book by James Lee Burke. Nothing like a grizzly murder mystery to put me back in a good mood. LOL
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite