Page 362 of 524 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362363364372412462 ... LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 5231

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 362

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    there is nothing more beautiful i reckon than a dog hunting or working. well most of them anyways LOL even the big old huntaways who bark. if you watch them, they can direct an entire flock of sheep by how they bark which is quite amazing as sheep really are stupid. it must be some primaeval symbiotic relationship from way back with sheep and wolves. altho wolves dont bark either. my cat is a tad more comical as she is a big fluff ball and she likes to play boxing games with rats. bambi complex is interesting. i have also come across people who can eat KFC but cant eat roast whole chicken as it looks like a dead animal.
    When that kind of thinking crosses my mind, I merely thank the bird for giving its life for my nourishment, and all guilt vanishes. We are the stewards of this planet. We are meant to eat its bounty. Doing anything less puts us in league with the hooved ones - cows, goats, etc. I.e. food animals. I've seen the dogs who shepherd and they are truly wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    mutton dressed up as lamb..................
    I've never heard that expression, but I'm certainly going to use it in the future.

I saw a very large woman today wearing Daisy Dukes. I'm always floored when that happens. How secure in one's self does one have to be to do that? I don't have it. Over 140 lbs, and I dress to hide. But I wish I was bold enough to wear the Dukes no matter what my weight.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    I agree with the over eating thing Seas - and how I will cope on a boat full of nutricious treats will be anyones guess !!!!!!!!!
    it should have a gym G and hopefully a personal trainer. not to mention a massuer and poss a beauty therapist. plus loads of dancing and a pool.

I've seen the dogs who shepherd and they are truly wonderful!
    i've gone out with sight dogs and barking dogs. pack of pig dogs and deer stalking dogs. i get so entranced, i dont actual care if we get a thing.

I saw a very large woman today wearing Daisy Dukes. I'm always floored when that happens. How secure in one's self does one have to be to do that? I don't have it. Over 140 lbs, and I dress to hide. But I wish I was bold enough to wear the Dukes no matter what my weight
    daisies dont really restrict your movement so they have that option for the larger people. and maybe once you get over a certain size, you cant hide it, so why bother? i always do say all those layers to hide the ass or the gut usually just make people look fatter anyways. ohh and i did see an old man in daiseys in the pub a while back. he was old, as in late 50s/early 60s, and looked like a reject from the 80s glam rock band that had been hiding in a cupboard for 30 odd years. now that is mutton dressed as lamb.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    okay so Daisy dukes are short SHORT denim shorts..................... I don't think Gwamma would ever look good in those
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

yes that is what daiseys are!!! they are named after daisy duke off dukes of hazard who used to wear them. she of the awesome legs. i dont do the high heels with them tho. so would not be a subtle look. assault boots or jandals or running shoes here.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    ohh and i did see an old man in daiseys in the pub a while back. he was old, as in late 50s/early 60s, and looked like a reject from the 80s glam rock band that had been hiding in a cupboard for 30 odd years. now that is mutton dressed as lamb.
    Okay, I'm off to Serenity Village now.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Okay, I'm off to Serenity Village now.
    lmao J! i will come visit and bring you some bourbon in my daisy dukes!!!

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Eeeep, no daisy dukes in this house! Some areas of cellulite do not need to see the light of day.

How you feeling today Gwamma? Now that you've shipped you DH out the door and all his stress with him?

Got a stressed DH here too. My one hardly slept all night because he's getting all worry wort about all the stuff we have to do before we leave. Not like we don't have 5 weeks left, but he can't help himself.

Looks like we have a renter for the house, an older couple, no kids, and they like gardening (yay) so I've spent all morning in the vege patch weeding and digging in bags of leftover fertiliser. The great declutter of 2013 is still going strong with loads being dispatched every day, DH is still a little reluctant (currently wearing an old work jersey just to prove that he needs it) but he's done quite well in the garage. We have been spending up large though which is a little disarming now that we are both unemployed but we decided to get another two seater to go with the lounge suite, headboard for DD's bed, 4 new suitcases, new clothes etc......it's been an expensive week.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Ll - I am now feeling great. In fact the antibugs have worked a treat on my face and the infected finger. Still a wee bit of heat in it, but it is sooooo much better. I also poked it in a lemon for a while, (as per Seas instructuion) and that will have helped I am sure !!!!!!!
    Am off into Rangiora now to do some more wee jobs............... 7 more sleeps.........................
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Good stuff Gwamma. Sometimes there is no avoiding the anti bugs, and they are wonderful things when you need them.

Busy baking cupcakes for a baby shower tomorrow, trying not to lick the bowl too often.

PrimalCon New York
    so pleased you are getting better G. you will be all good to go in 7 days!!!