Page 361 of 523 FirstFirst ... 261311351359360361362363371411461 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,610 of 5226

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 361

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I took an ecology class and the professor used to refer to The Bambi Complex. That's when a meat eater freaks out at looking at films of predators taking down prey. I have a fondness for big cats, wolves, and the like, and actually love watching them hunt.

I read recently (in my eating goat thread) that goat is the most eaten meat on the planet. And you all have much mutton and lamb. Here in the US, it's basically chicken, beef, and pork. And for fish, Tilapia is a biggy with the low fat crowd.
    true that... not much lamb eaten here, unless you are a member of an ethnic culture that eats lamb and goat. It certainly is not mainstream...... I have grilled lamb chops and they were pretty tasty. I don't think I have ever eaten mutton...

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    . I have a fondness for big cats, wolves, and the like, and actually love watching them hunt.
    there is nothing more beautiful i reckon than a dog hunting or working. well most of them anyways LOL even the big old huntaways who bark. if you watch them, they can direct an entire flock of sheep by how they bark which is quite amazing as sheep really are stupid. it must be some primaeval symbiotic relationship from way back with sheep and wolves. altho wolves dont bark either. my cat is a tad more comical as she is a big fluff ball and she likes to play boxing games with rats. bambi complex is interesting. i have also come across people who can eat KFC but cant eat roast whole chicken as it looks like a dead animal.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    I don't think I have ever eaten mutton...
    mutton dressed up as lamb..................
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

LOL i so try to avoid that but prob in my daisy dukes i may have that look! mutton is way more flavoursome than lamb. much more depth. lamb is kinda bland by comparison. and to think i have seen people on here refer to grass fed lamb as "gamey". even calling lamb grass fed is out of it. what else do sheep eat?!

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    LOL i so try to avoid that but prob in my daisy dukes i may have that look! mutton is way more flavoursome than lamb. much more depth. lamb is kinda bland by comparison. and to think i have seen people on here refer to grass fed lamb as "gamey". even calling lamb grass fed is out of it. what else do sheep eat?!
    had to read that a few times... couldn't seem to get past the word Dukes for some reason....

LMAO it was daisy weather today here yay! it looks like we might have a few days in front of us too. i so love the sun in the autumn and the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    LMAO it was daisy weather today here yay! it looks like we might have a few days in front of us too. i so love the sun in the autumn and the winter.
    yes nice sunny days in autum with cooler temps is pretty nice...

provided there is no wind and the sun is out, you can wear a tshirt here. once the sun goes down it then gets glacial cold.

morning all! slightly different approach to the exercise from now on as i have to work 40 instead of 20 hrs. which is good but i need to juggle my exercising to fit. so the plan is get up at 6:00 am and go for the 1 mile run. have breakfast and work for an hour before the kids get up. feed them, take them to school, work some more. go for the 6k walk at lunch. come home work more. etc. i did have one of those WTF am i doing moments this morning when i am running down the newly graded road with my still dodgy ankle and it was so dark i really couldnt see where i was going LOL it is a good job i walk it so much so i can run by feel. i will fit the BBY stuff in during coffee breaks or whilst i have stuff processing. then i will gym it and shop one morning a week as per usual.

nutrition wise, i am winning for now. the joys of rocket science. if i dont overeat, but i also dont starve, i lose weight. simple as. i also worked out why paleotrak reckoned i was so deficient in zinc. it doesnt have a clue what is in wild venison ie zinc = 0mg.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    holy crap Seas - you are one busy wee thing. In fact I am tired just reading how busy you are !!!!!!!
    Beautiful day here too after a really hard frost. DH has three deadlines happening today - so yay for stress...NOT !!!!! I have just bundled him out the door.......good bye...........

I agree with the over eating thing Seas - and how I will cope on a boat full of nutricious treats will be anyones guess !!!!!!!!! My punga stumps might actually turn into Kauri trees !!!!!!!!! - althou I haven't ever seen an overweight Kauri ....................
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....