Page 358 of 536 FirstFirst ... 258308348356357358359360368408458 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,580 of 5355

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 358

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    I was wondering if you all could give me some input. If you could have Primal ingredient sausages made to order, what kind of flavors would you like to see? Thanx in advance for any input.
    what meat are you using or can you choose this too?

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Anything - let your imagination run wild.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

usually i make sausages out of game meats. venison and horopito. horopito is our native pepper tree. Pseudowintera - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia we get the colorata here. all i make my sausages with is minced fatty venison, red wine, salt, pepper, garlic, onion and horopito.

pork and fennel are nice. as are any type of boerowors which i should be able to spell.

there's 100s here for ideas of flavourings
    Sausage Recipes - Favorite Homemade Sausage Recipes

& my fave game recipe site. plenty of good ideas you can lift
    Sausage Recipes - How to Make Sausage | Hunter Angler Gardener Cook

Thank you for the ideas and the web links, Sea! I'm going to start experimenting with ingredients and tastes and do patties for now. If my interest doesn't wane, I'll invest in casings and a sausage stuffer.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

i have a sausage stuffing attachment to my mincer. and i can get sausage casings from the butchers. it is quite the trick getting it all in and stuffed neatly. but the world is your oyster once you get going. i still want to make some paua sausages. a very famous restruant in wellington makes paua ravioli with wonton wrappers so i figured i could make little cocktail sausages instead to avoid the gluten. you can hang your sausages to air dry to make salami as well. you need to get the salt content right and use an air dried salami recipe. i managed it without chemicals.

just cruising the net whilst waiting for my computer to process something and i found this
    BBC - Food - Recipes : Lamb sausages in prosciutto with fresh green salad
    ditch the breadcrumbs in the sausage part and they'd be nice. i also would like to make some organ meat sausages. i've fancied making some haggis for ages with the organs and spices and herbs but no grains.

I had to look up what that was, but paua sausage sounds heavenly. I love escargot, so I imagine I'd like that also. Here's the imagery: little "that side" of middle aged woman with a basket full of sausage sandwiches selling to the suits at lunch time. That's how Debbie Fields (Mrs. Fields - not sure if that's even a thing in NZ) got started with her cookies. Just a hippie chick selling cookies out of a basket.

Now her A.M. BMs are gold plated. LOL

B*tch-lite

i can weave you a kete!!! paua sausages would be hell expensive. it's $90/kg in the shell here unless you know where to get it.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Hi Guys - I have been having a terrible time trying to access MDA this last 24 hours - finally I'm in ........ however there is some talk of nekidness on another thread !!!!!!!!!! not a good look - I kid you not !!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    yes i try to keep those nekid pics away from the net! i am totally screwed too as my tatts are so recognisable i'd never be able to deny a naked pic. but by the same logic, you couldnt photoshop me either. how's the book going G? i have just completed my 4th week and i cant believe how much more buff i've got. i'm not thinner but i am definitely buffer without bulking at all. plus it is so much fun to do. i need to get into more stretching tho.