Page 355 of 534 FirstFirst ... 255305345353354355356357365405455 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,550 of 5339

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 355

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    well good morning team - the old morning after the night before.................... not always preddy !!!!!!!
    .............however Gwamma is back with a vengence, packing, unpacking, acquiring, discarding................ Choices can be great - however not easy !!!!!!
    thank goodness we are just going for a holiday - not like poor LL - having to pack a whole house of choices !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Morning

LAST DAY AT WORK!

Scary and happy and exciting all rolled into one.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    WOW. Excited for you.

double excited !!!!!!!

...small steps....

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Hope your last day went well LL
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quadruple excited.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

morning guys - why does Gwamma have so much DRAMA in her life ????? Is it because she attracts DRAMA, enjoys DRAMA, or does it just come knocking at her place ???????

...................so here is the thing.......... Gwamma is minding her own business mowing the lawns - when she spies this tiny cute little black kitten sitting on a big pile of grass clippings. It was obviously warm. So I caught the wee wild thing, brought it inside and fed it milk and meat. Anyhow the wee thing was very thin and had some awful little injuries. I am thinking hit by a car ???????
    So I nurse the wee thing through the night....and finally at about 1am it succumbed. Which is really a blessing because it really was quite a sick little thing. So now I am all upset, have swollen obviously infected kitten bites on my hands and thinking what could I have done differently to keep the wee thing alive................the joys of being Gwamma !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Aw, Gwamma, you did the best for it. You re-hydrated with the milk and fed the little thing it's favorite food - meat. I don't think the kitten would have survived as long as it did if you hadn't intervened. You have a kind soul.

Now, as to those bites. My mom would blow up like a balloon if her cat got her good with either a scratch or a bite. I always trained my cats to "not bite mommy," but even as they were learning, I occasionally got some broken skin. My reactions are just a little swelling which goes away in a few days. However, I might see a doc if you're in the least concerned only because you're getting ready to travel pretty soon. Wouldn't want you looking like a swollen tick on your Alaskan cruise!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

haha - I agree J. I am on Fluclox for school sores !!!!!!!! all over my bloody face - yay for Gwamma - and yes another drama !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ..so me is thinking that these particular anti buggars will deal to the wee infection !!!!!!! However Gwamma has been known in the past to get very sick very quick, after having 5 or so cases of cellulitus, and a couple of blood infections over the years. So I will monitor said finger very well !!!!!!!!
    The old school sores - impetigo - are insidious little suckers !!!!!!!!!! I kid you not !!!!!!!!

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    So now I am all upset, have swollen obviously infected kitten bites on my hands and thinking what could I have done differently to keep the wee thing alive................the joys of being Gwamma !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i got bitten by my old cat when i picked him up and he had an epileptic fit. he didnt mean to, he just bit my finger. bit deep nasty bite. i let it bleed and took 30g of sodium ascorbate. i covered it during the day and left it open at night. kept up the SA. 5g 3x a day. it got better and never puffed up. he was my old ocicat who had homed when i lived in auckland and had moved. made it over the harbour bridge back to my old house. it took him 7 years. so he had all sorts of feline issues. personally, i would have poss gritted my teeth and shot the kitten. i've shot half paralysed live rabbits that have been hit by cars. i absolutely hate doing it but it is my issue not theirs and i have to get over it.

i got impetigo once. i never had an anti biotics but lavender oil was what worked. tea tree didnt touch it. hopefully you will be better soon. and yes, watch the finger. we make a hole in a lemon and stick the finger in there for a good half hour too.