Page 353 of 524 FirstFirst ... 253303343351352353354355363403453 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,530 of 5231

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 353

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Bollocks - what the hell has Gwamma achieved ???????????????????????????????? can't think of anything offhand ????????????????
    Oh bollocks you self G.... you don't have to be a lawyer or a doctor to be accomplished. Working hard, caring about others counts, probably more so than money..... methinks seaweed has this one pegged.....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    misabi you are hired!!!! i would poss blue cheese sauce the mushrooms to go with everything but brussel sprouts and steak is pure heaven.

dang those eggs look familiar! thats the color of the yolks of my hens eggs.... a gorgeous golden color.... and thick too!

i miss having chickens *sob*

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    no problem G. so you just hold onto what you can do and believe you can then do what you want to do. and then do it.

there is custard and there is custard. i can do the european stuff. you know the custard they put in pasteis de nata or those french pastries. i am not as keen on the more english custard myself. i envisioned the recipe you posted misabi becoming more cake-like with coconut flour. you could always look on it as self saucing vs custard.
    You probably could use coconut flour. Not sure what it would do to the texture, if anything.

The cooking time seems to make the most difference. In that pic I'd purposefully undercooked them so that they were soft and effectively self saucing, with the gooey runny semi cooked mixture at the bottom of the mug being the top if the cake when they were turned out. If I'd cooked them a little longer there wouldn't have been ant sauce and the cakes would've been firmer and quite cake like.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

You probably could use coconut flour. Not sure what it would do to the texture, if anything
    i am basing my cake like idea on the choc banana faleo mug cake which i make with coconut flour not almond butter. it comes out incredibly cakey. it doesnt custard if you under nuke it. i need to try one on someone who is able to and used to eating cake. the kids hate bananas and can detect them with the accuracy of a well trained blood hound so they are out.

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i am basing my cake like idea on the choc banana faleo mug cake which i make with coconut flour not almond butter. it comes out incredibly cakey. it doesnt custard if you under nuke it. i need to try one on someone who is able to and used to eating cake. the kids hate bananas and can detect them with the accuracy of a well trained blood hound so they are out.
    if you are using the bananas for "moisture" could you use applesauce instead?

i forgot to buy a banana when i was in town today and i ate cashews for lunch by accident. usually i have a faleo mug cake for my lunch after i've been to the gym. so in theory, i could make some apple sauce and try one tomorrow and report back!

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Actually Seas, I have used cocoa powder for the mug cakes too, which worked just as we'll as whey, so coconut should be ok.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Well well well just when I thought this thread was a dead duck!

Hugs Gwamma keep that chin up and focused on all the fun stuff you've got coming your way in - is it 13 sleeps now?

Yum Misabi, I like the look of those apple cake thingies, I do love custard so it's right on for my palate.

Person from Nelson -there used to be a great organic shop located in The Wood, if its still there it's the place you need to go to for supplies. I lived in Nelson 10 years ago and worked at The Wood Retirement Village, the organic shop was just around the corner and supplied me with all my GF needs back then.

1 day to go...............