Page 35 of 532 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 35

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    and actually yes. you can come to stay. the kids dont like my amazing food and we have a whole fallow deer to eat.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    A whole deer?! I'm up for a road trip and I won't even need a room, just a spot to park my kombi :-D
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

yes a whole deer lol i do have a sleep out and there is plenty of room for the combi. it is a fallow deer tho and they arent as big as a red deer but oh so much more tasty.

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Wow, I don't know what to <3 first - the deer or the kombi .

If any of you are taking the central road through the NI, though, you're most welcome to stop in our village for a bit .

I had another carb night on Saturday - frankly I'm not sure either very low carb or this intermittent carbing is the right way to go. I'm struggling a bit with low energy and feeling sad. Mind you, it could be that it's still cold and it's raining yet again. I think I need a holiday!
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

i have to say i struggle with alot of the low carb, carbing up, eating unnatural amounts of fat etc. to me part of the reason paleo appealed is it makes sense to how we would have eaten for thousands and thousands of years. so once i get to having to eat mainly things like butter and coconut oil and avocados, it starts to not make sense. i also have a bunch of kids i cant feed that as they wont eat it and the last thing they need is a crazy mum eating totally separate meals. if you do ever have to cut up a game animal, a fish or collect your own shellfish, you will see that fat is not really a predominant element. i cant talk for stuff like ducks in the autumn tho. but still my $s is on low carb, more protein, lots of connective tissues and all the fat you can scrounge ( which is not tonnes, "scrounge" being the operative word here ), no sugar ( other than the odd honey binge or wild berry which would be the equivalent of xmas lol ). i definitely feel better eating more veges, flesh, eggs and shellfish. so yeah. we shall see. i also think even paleo peoples were of varying states of health depending on their access to food and an adequate variety of food. i really cant see them all being Ayla off clan of the cave bear. and i have long suspected WAP's work to be a bit romanticised.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Wow, good morning peeps! I go away for the weekend and find some 8 (or so) pages waiting to be read on my return. Well its a good thing its quiet here at work this morning so I've been able to devote a serious half hour to catching up.

Not sure where to start with my comments.............

Jac - VLC sounds so hard to do even with Carb nite thrown in there. I'm with seaweed in thinking that one of the appealing things about Primal is having lots of choice and not having to obsess over every mouthful. But you do what you need to and thats what is important.

Zoebird - OMG your IL's sound like hard work. I WOULD HAVE DIED IF MY IL'S HAD GIVEN MY BABY FORMULA. I am horrified for you. It was bad enough when my MIL cut my sons hair for the first time without telling me, but formula is just unacceptable.

Seaweed - sounds like you are having so much fun experimenting with your butchery skills. I'm very impressed.

My weekend away to Wellington and WOW was fantastic, the girls and I had a blast. I got my new dress at AnnahS, and my credit card may never fully recover but it was well worth it (I have some weddings to go to so I can justify it LOL).

I might add that if you are going to bump into a very ex boyfriend at the airport, the time to do it is when you have just lost 3kg, have freshly applied makeup and are wearing a brand new (and very cute) outfit. Oh I was so pleased with myself! It would never do for him not to see what he has missed out on.

I might add that if you are going to bump into a very ex boyfriend at the airport, the time to do it is when you have just lost 3kg, have freshly applied makeup and are wearing a brand new (and very cute) outfit. Oh I was so pleased with myself! It would never do for him not to see what he has missed out on.
    i have a saying that the best revenge is living a happy life. way to go girl!!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    lizzielou -- sorry that i missed you while you were here. next time you come, give me a heads up and i'll try to plan around.

also, that is the best time to meet an "ex." I don't have any ex-boyfriends, but I do have a lot of ex friends and coworkers. And it's great.

like, in high school, I ws not well liked or anything (ever see that 30 Rock episode where Liz Lemon goes back to her high school reunion? that's probably why. LOL). but I was highly competitive.

The really cool thing is that I'm fitter and more fabulous than all of the girls at high school. I'm living abroad (hehe!), run my own business (yessiree!), have this gorgeous husband and kid (woohoo!), and also am fit as an expensive fiddle (and flexible to boot). So yay!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Trademe feb 2012 020.jpgTrademe feb 2012 021.jpgTrademe feb 2012 022.jpg

Hi troups, hope all is well with everybody. I have just been into CHCH to get more food etc... Couldn't find any bulletproof coffee, but have managed to order some MCT oil. I am also feeling a hell of a lot better since adding a few essentials to my diet. I know that I should be getting them through food sources, but just can't work it in - and I really was feeling like Sh-t !!!!
    so... yay for me.
    On a creative side - I make little cards, and I am trying to make them more like little cavemen. But can't quite get the clothes right. I shall continue to work on it !

these ones are obviously not my cave man cards !!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

heya gwamma cant see the attachment as it need approving. bullet proof coffee is just coffee and butter blended in the blender. define how you mean by adding in essentials. i feel totally rinsed after the weekend and even have a spot which is very unlike me. hopefully i can get an early night tonight but i doubt it as i need to do my hours for work. i do put some of this down to daylight saving still as i keep going to bed too late and then having to wake up way too early it seems.