Page 349 of 534 FirstFirst ... 249299339347348349350351359399449 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,490 of 5331

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 349

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i do like to sleep well but if i am not gonna wake up when i need to, it puts me off big time. so i have avoided the honey since then. weather today is gonna be much the same as yesterday here but apparently tomorrow will be sunny. how long are you going to america for G? i have 6 more sleeps till i can go for a long walk on my own LOL

spinney is offline Junior Member
    Hi all it's been a good while since my last visit. Just had probably my worst ever reaction to wheat and Luckily found this app. Anyway, very excited about my trip to Auckland next month, staying in Takapuna and something just feels so right about getting back on track with PB along with my 2 month trip to the other side of the world

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Morning all.

Hey gwamma only 15 sleeps? Crazy!

We got our flights confirmed on the weekend, so we are heading out of New Plymouth on the 13th of June, then out of Auckland at midnight, arrive in KL around 7am, then lunchtime a flight to Brunei. Phew. I feel tired just thinking about it, and I'm a bit worried about tired grouchy kiddies too. Not super worried because I know we'll get there one way or other, but it would have been nice to have had a daytime flight where the kids wouldn't be tired before we even boarded and then be expected to sleep while the hostess's are trying to feed us etc. Oh well. I'm considering taking the Ergo carrier for DD as she's going to be quite a lump to carry along with all our carry on luggage, she's perhaps just a little bit heavy to carry comfortably in the carrier but I'm thinking its at least hands free. Oh and we do get to hang out in the air NZ lounge being fancy pants business class that we are, so at least the kids can cruise around there in comfort.

Yay for the school holidays being nearly over Seas! I've quite enjoyed the slower pace of the holidays to be honest, but yes it is nice to know that they are happily being educated/entertained each day while we get to do grown up stuff.

Unfortunately my health turned a corner for the worst last night. Interesting that it was totally noticable the moment it all started happening, going from mild cold for the last two weeks to full blown ear infection at 6pm last night. Poor kids were so good (I was home alone with them) and even went to bed at 6.40pm because I just couldn't cope. Thankfully I got through the night OK but I'm feeling totally wiped today, GP tells me that its both ears and throat badly infected, so antibugs it is. Have to be at work today because manager is flying in from Tga to see me today. Will be heading home ASAP though.

Hope you are keeping warm Gwamma.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Hi Guys - buggar about the ears LL. You will need to keep that head warm and drink drink drink - preferably whiskey, althou that might interfere with the antibugs ???? LOL

Seas - my book is no-where to be seen - buggar !!!!!!!!

Cold as here - I have lit the fire, like any good cave woman should !!!!!!! and now its soup for lunch !!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    LL, sorry you so sick, getting an ear infection just really makes you feel for those poor little kiddies who seem to get them all the time. Hope you feel better soon when the drugs kick in. Great to have your flights confirmed, and business class will be nice!

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    the book should be here soon G. and the good thing is you can do it while you are away. i dont feel any thinner as i havent been undereating exactly over the weekend but my back is definitely getting tighter and my arms dont have anything to grab on the triceps anymore so something is working. i think my inner thighs are getting tighter too.

ordered myself a sistahood from swazi today as i got a $20 voucher from them for my birthday.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Oh, LL, ear pain/infection sucks so big time! Hope the antibugs work very quickly.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Thanks guys. Managed to send my manager off an hour ago and come home for a break. MIL has agreed to take DS for the night, so I can just chill at home with DD and no sibling fighting!

Ear ache is unbelievably painful. So annoyed that I've been looking after myself, eating all the best things, taking supplements and I still managed to get horribly sick.

Hope that cold snap doesn't make it up here Gwamma. Still too warm for the fire or even long sleeves during the day. Most of my merino is buried deep in my drawers and I hope it stays there for a while yet.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    It's so weird that as you all gear up for cool weather, we gear up for warm. Someone emailed me that we're going to have a warm summer here in the south (that means hotter than Georgia asphalt) - I hope he's wrong.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    It's so weird that as you all gear up for cool weather, we gear up for warm. Someone emailed me that we're going to have a warm summer here in the south (that means hotter than Georgia asphalt) - I hope he's wrong.
    We've just had a wonderfully long hot summer, so if that is anything to go by you will too. We had record high temps over Christmas and then it didn't rain for like three months. Crazy. I'm lucky where we live that we don't get very hot or very cold, but we do have a large volcano that gives us icy cold wind and lots of rain, when it snows on our mountain we get pretty cold down here but I've only seen snow in town once in 8 years.