Page 348 of 534 FirstFirst ... 248298338346347348349350358398448 ... LastLast
Results 3,471 to 3,480 of 5331

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 348

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    heya back breifly. thankyou for the b'day wishes. and funny i did have rather a nice cheese board for lunch. love whitestone cheese. he even gave me a free brie as the cheese i was getting was for my birthday! i have done no exercise and got more presents today than i have had over the last 17 years or so LOL two bottles of bourbon amongst the haul. and all my presies were cool which was even better. i've had way too much food. and we had an awesome day. LL my middle child is doing the croaky squeak. my neighbour just gave her some echinacea and i've dosed her up on honey and lemon and some sodium ascorbate. the youngest was sniffling but she is fine now as she took her sodium ascorbate when i told her to to nip it in the bud.
    A very happy whats-left-of-your-birthday, Seas. I'm glad you had such a good day with food, drink and presents. May the year ahead be a good one.

LL, sorry you sick. My dd is wheezing away, having run out of ventolin she is trying an inhalation of vicks and managed to get her hair in it.

Hi to all.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    mustard compress on the chest usually helps if they are wheezing badly Annie. or if you have any gum trees nearby you can stick the leaves in water and do an inhalation.

Thanks for that suggestion. How would you prepare a mustard compress.

the only time i have ever did one was when my 1st husband was wheezing. he was one of these tall athletic men who had had collapsed lungs. he used to run distance. so i did used to fret if he wheezed. i literally spread french mustard over his chest. it was mild and had a mustard grain in it. i covered it with a cloth and when the skin went red, washed it off with a warm flannel. he had stopped wheezing the next day. maybe google to get a better idea.

Thankyou, Seas.

At the moment she seems to have calmed herself down with the vicks, and has stopped alternately cough/wheeze/cough/wheeze. She is even singing. I'm quite relieved.

i can appreciate that. hopefully she will be fine now.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    morning troups - oops no - its afternoon.......
    I shall start again.................
    good afternoon troups !!!!
    I hope that this gorgeous sunday is treating everyone well !!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

it is threatening to storm its ass off down here. we always get those divine warm winds and the dark sky with the sun when it is about to turn and get very cold, windy and wet. it is always very pleasant tho before it goes. and i kinda like that wild warm wind. awesomely good for doing washing and drying my hair if i wash it.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Morning Ladies
    I did type out a reply yesturday but I lost connection when I hit submit and lost the lot. Grrrrrr.....bloody broadband in NZ!

Last week of work for me. I thought I might have to call in sick but I figured it would look bad on my last week so here I am with dodgy voice and sinus headache - I just picked up my new glasses so the headache could be from that too. I'm liking my new glasses and its amazing the detail I can make out at distance now, not that seeing that far away is normally all that helpful but it quite nice to notice these things. My eyes are adjusting really quickly too, and already when I've taken the glasses off to relieve the headache I can't focus on anything for a good minute or so. Isn't the body an amazing thing?

Counting the minutes until my lunchbreak now as I've got some yummy spicy chicken and vege soup (good for colds don't you know?) and I can't stop thinking about it.

Hope you are all having a good day wherever you are.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    hi troups - Ll that has come around so quickly. When do you leave ????
    Seas I so hope the birthday weekend went well. I tried a little bit of honey in my tea last night and slept like a babe !!!!!!!
    we shall experiment with that one.
    We are mean't to have rain today, and the temp is supposed to drop from 26 yesterday to max 12 today !!!!!!! I will pull out the merino gear !!!!!!!
    ......15 more sleeps..................
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....