Page 346 of 534 FirstFirst ... 246296336344345346347348356396446 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,460 of 5331

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 346

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Happy birthday to you Seas! Hope you are having a nice one.

No sign of a birthday present here (from DH) so I'm going to head into town on my lunchbreak today and go shoe shopping. Given my difficulty finding shoes that can accomodate my orthotics I'm feeling a little trepidation but my current Merrels (which I have worn everyday all summer) are looking decidedly scrappy and simply won't do for anything other than casual.

I seem to have lost all enthusiasm for my work now that I've got a week to go. Its going to be a very long week isn't it?

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Happy Birthday and belated birthdays to all my Aries/Taurus tribe mates!

G, my grandmother had a collapsed lung and had to occasionally inflate it with a little machine. One year, she and Grandpa got all the way to Florida (from New York) and realized they'd forgotten to put it in the car! Needless to say, they had it shipped to them. It's odd the things we can forget.

OTOH, if you forgot to pack your clothes for this trip, you'd have to shop for new ones, gosh darn it.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    LL when me and the kids were in town yesterday i went past some shoe shops and there were some real cool long flat boots. kinda like the longer doc marten boots. they were very nice but $300ish so i walked on by. would something like that be ok for your foot?

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Seas - sorry forget to answer t'other question - nope my book hasn't arrived as yet - buggar !!!!!!!
    J - poor old Gwamma - not so nice those deflated lungs !
    I do have a wee something that I am bringing for you from NZ Joanie - so you will have to send me your addie so I can post once in America !!!!!!
    and LL - don't just buy one pair - go all out !!!!! the shoes in Brunei will be hideous - so go hunting and gathering girl - I will be with you in spirit !!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Can't really justify boots with our upcoming move to be honest. I did get a new pair mid winter last year and they are still lovely, also still have my doc martens from when I was a teenager and they ocasionally get a wearing - its true they do last forever.

Well my trip to town failed miserably. Most shops were full to capacity with old ladies or teenagers (don't want to wear shoes that appeal to either group thankyou) and the shop I liked the most only had one pair I could fit and ................they were the same ones I already own, just in a different colour. I have one more shop to visit at the other end of town and if that doesn't work out I'll go back and get those same ones in the silver/grey. Will do that tomorrow because I've run out of shopping steam today, I'm now back at my desk pretending to work.

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    morning all - really thick pea souper here this morning, but often we get a gorgeous day after. I am hoping to get the rest of the lawns mowed, but they are taking all day to dry out, even when the sun is hot !
    ....only 19 more sleeps !!!!!!! off to get my american dollaros today - exciting !!!!!!
    You guys don't use American dollars?????? EVERYBODY uses American dollars! j/k!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    funny i am reading my BBY book and the side note next to the one legged warrior with object says
    "this is a phenomenal exercise that develops strength, flexibility and balance. if you're doing this movement with an object overhead, you have the posterior development of a goddess, the stability of an oak, and the ability to tackle nearly everything in this world."

so there you have it. happy birthday to me! go the goddess ass!!!!
    I'm not gonna touch that.....

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Can't touch this: <<< Goddess ass.

G, I'll email you before you leave.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Can't touch this: <<< Goddess ass.

G, I'll email you before you leave.
    hillarious!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    OMG J !!!!!!! you are one clever wee puppy !!!!!!!!

Seas I am drinking your health as I type !!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....