Page 341 of 535 FirstFirst ... 241291331339340341342343351391441 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,410 of 5350

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 341

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    we're all awake LOL it is school holidays so everything is gonna go downhill. something i am doing is working as i have small children playing 4 square in my kitchen repetively bouncing a ball and complaining about the world ( they were at their dads for the weekend ) and i am feeling calm. i can even handle the constant loud bouncing noises.

Annieh is online now Senior Member
    Calm is good. Four square in the kitchen could be worse. But kids whinging, I can't stand it. Hopefully you can get them outside or somehow focussed on something else. Anyway, have a great day

I have promised my dd she can shower and wash her hair, clean her room and play the piano today. Boy is she excited about all that lot, NOT.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Bit of a rough start to the school hols with all this rain huh?

Made it through Sunday, barely, with lashings of Lego and trips to farmers market and Starbucks. DS supposed to be going to MIL's today, but she got stuck in ChCh overnight, so unless she gets on an early flight I'll be having a small and annoying helper at work today. Although by the looks of it I'll be hiding out in my office all day anyway, no point leaving it if I have to get wet.

Hope you all manage the entertainment game today.

mine have gone into their bedroom to play scrabble and my morning skype meeting has been cancelled so we may go to the beach in the rain and shoot rabbits soon.

Sounds like a fine idea Seas, might as well enjoy those trips to the beach before it gets too cold. Its still remarkably warm here in the Naki despite the rain and lightening and absence of sun.

Looks like MIL has made it on a flight so babysitting panic over. DH will drop DS off on his way to work at 11am.

Meanwhile I've arrived at work and its already boring. Glad I've got a good book.

i love the beach here in the winter. on a still day it is awesome and there is always no one there. which is even better.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    our school holidays are off to a good start. DH and I reworked our budget and did our forward planning, we took DS to an indoor play ground (special treat as it costs us $35 once DH and I have our teas and a family snack) where he had a grand old time, and then this week we need to plan out what we are doing and how -- because it's not fair to keep the kid in the office for the whole holiday.

Today is a swimming day, too, so that'll be fun.

Hi Zoe - long time no see.....

Glad to hear your holidays are working out well so far. Sometimes those little treats go a long way don't they?

Just when I thought it couldn't get more dull here, we had a 40 minute power cut. So I had to sit here in the dark and the cold sipping on a veg juice, while trying to read my kindle. Thankfully we're back online now as I had horrible visions of needing to fire up the BBQ to make cups of tea for my resident's!

Nice little email waiting for me when my computer booted up again, my bonus came through! So I've got enough $$ to pay for those glasses and some to put towards an overlocker I've been eyeing up (mum gave me $100 towards that already). *happy dance*

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Children bouncing a ball indoors. Must add that to my list of answers for "Why didn't you have children?" LOL I am fairly sensitive to repetitive noises. I can imagine me on a rainy day indoors with a couple of young children. "Mommy is going to go take a valium now and hide in the closet."

Sea, I also love the beach on overcast and cooler days. When I lived in San Francisco (almost always cool weather), I had an apt overlooking the Pacific for about a year. I would often take my morning coffee, try not to get killed crossing The Great Highway, and drink it on the beach. All bundled up in a sweater. Fond memory.

Good to hear everyone doing well with the holiday. LL, congrats on the bonus! Waving to Zoebird and anyone I missed.

Is Gwamma still entertaining family? I miss her.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i have locked myself in the hallway before and we wont go into my self medication capabilities. it has always made more sense to just keep the person in charge sane LOL
    I would often take my morning coffee, try not to get killed crossing The Great Highway, and drink it on the beach. All bundled up in a sweater. Fond memory.
    i always say the best things in life are free but the petrol to get there isnt!

yes where are you G? how is it going?