Page 338 of 532 FirstFirst ... 238288328336337338339340348388438 ... LastLast
Results 3,371 to 3,380 of 5316

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 338

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I walked home with bags of heavy shopping (seriously, can tell husband drives: please get milk (3L) and dishwasher tablets (100) on top of two pairs of reheeled boots and bread and another bag...). I know, it's hardly exercise weekly stuff, but hey. It all counts.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    and i stumbled over mark lauren doing military press with hands at hip height
    Military Press, hands hip height - YouTube
    itching to do something else today but i know i have to go to the gym tomorrow so i need to be fit for that.

LOL i have ended up with arms several inches longer than they should be from some of those walking home with shopping trips. it is load bearing and it is long and slow so it all counts.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    WARNING vent ahead!..............DH has just come home from work and totally laid into me about how he seems to be the only one preparing for going overseas (because I forgot to call the rental agent again today) and then announced that he's not happy about the situation with the cats and he doesn't want them to go to the family who have offered.

I am so friggin pissed off with him! For months I've been doing the major decluttering of the century without him lifting a finger and all of a sudden he's the only one doing anything? I'm grinding my teeth I'm so annoyed right now. The whole cat thing is difficult but I seriously think he's over thinking the situation. We have concerns for our older cat who hates kids but copes ok in our house, the other family have kids also but their grandparents live next door and are quite keen for our kitty to hang out at their place if she wants - this sounds like a good solution to me.

Looks like I'll be in the spare room tonight as I can't even look at him right now, sigh.....

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Aagh, such a stressful time. Hopefully you will both work it all out and have the time of your lives overseas, when you finally get there.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzielou View Post
    WARNING vent ahead!..............DH has just come home from work and totally laid into me about how he seems to be the only one preparing for going overseas (because I forgot to call the rental agent again today) and then announced that he's not happy about the situation with the cats and he doesn't want them to go to the family who have offered.

I am so friggin pissed off with him! For months I've been doing the major decluttering of the century without him lifting a finger and all of a sudden he's the only one doing anything? I'm grinding my teeth I'm so annoyed right now. The whole cat thing is difficult but I seriously think he's over thinking the situation. We have concerns for our older cat who hates kids but copes ok in our house, the other family have kids also but their grandparents live next door and are quite keen for our kitty to hang out at their place if she wants - this sounds like a good solution to me.

Looks like I'll be in the spare room tonight as I can't even look at him right now, sigh.....
    LL - hugs.................... this is such a stressful time for you all, but we have your back. We can make up a tag team to come and DEAL to that 'usband !!!!!!! LOL
    I know I am making light of a very stressful time - but sometimes laughter is the best medicine. Hang in there chick
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Gwamma and Annieh. Yes sometimes the best thing to do is laugh, just not laughing around him at the moment. I don't know why it needs to be stressful for us? We've had so much notice of this happening its not like all of a sudden we've had to rush around getting things organised, and we still have 2 months to go.

He's also a bit hacked off because of his flying school shut down yesturday and he's about 2 flights away from completing his liscence. He was having a final exam when his tutor was called into a meeting where he was told that the whole club was folding - not a suprise to anyone, but we were hoping he'd get finished first. So now DH has to go find a plane to borrow (FIL's plane is the wrong sort aparently) and then privately pay for someone to examine him. Hopefully this will work out easily enough, but of course he's gone and gotten all stressed about it and guess who it ends up being taken out on?

relationships can be hard. i am not the best person to give any advice since i bailed on mine as i couldnt negociate any longer. G is right tho. laughter is the best medecine. life is an adventure so try to look at it like that.

the ankle is better again today. still no running on it but i can move quicker. i survived the gym. had a minor hiccup with the naughty black car but sorted it. my personal trainer fat calipered me. how to agree to something i will regret LOL. it wasnt too bad as we just did the fat gut. you can mess with where you take the measurement so we had a 4mm variance. everything except the pullups is getting easier. i even went up on weights on a couple of the exercises. i am in love with stiff arm pushdowns. if you do them properly with your lats, not your arms, they hurt so much but it is a funky burning feeling. it stays for a few days. quite interesting how different muscles in the body respond to exercise. the key is to know what muscles you are supposed to be using and use them.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Good morning, everyone!

LL, I sorry to hear about all the hassle.

sea, lately I've been looking to those who inspire. Don't be embarrassed, but you do indeed by sticking to and improving your strength while at the same time healing an ailing ankle.

Hi to you also G - your humor is such a gift to us all. I was talking to a friend yesterday. I love him, but he's so trying. For some reason I just started laughing at everything he was saying, and when I was done talking to him, I didn't feel like I'd done some mental marathon.

Great day to all!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

sea, lately I've been looking to those who inspire. Don't be embarrassed, but you do indeed by sticking to and improving your strength while at the same time healing an ailing ankle.
    i will tell you who inspired me. i think she is called Mayan? she is one of the best rock climbers in NZ. and that is including the men. i read somewhere she had got into rock climbing as she broke her leg snow boarding so trained her upper body while her leg was fixing. made perfect sense when i thought about it.

frosty here today. hopefully it will be another nice sunny day.