Page 333 of 525 FirstFirst ... 233283323331332333334335343383433 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,330 of 5241

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 333

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    all of them which makes it sound real bad. maybe i should stick to ouzo and brandy in future LOL

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Where do you source your 80% J ???????? LOL
    Another U.S. quirk. 80 proof is actually 40% alcohol by volume (ABV). Here in Louisiana, we can actually buy grain alcohol that is 180 or 190 proof (90-95% ABV), but in many states, 100 proof is the maximum they can sell.

I can't remember exactly the product, but I tried 100 proof whiskey once and got so hammered so fast, that as they say, I'll never do that again. LOL (No really, I never will. Probably.)
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

I can't remember exactly the product, but I tried 100 proof whiskey once and got so hammered so fast, that as they say, I'll never do that again. LOL (No really, I never will. Probably.)
    some of the better bourbons are 50% alcohol. i always aim for the highest %age alcohol i can afford. they are alot smoother and taste alot better. not sure on whiskies. i think they are usually about 40% alcohol. i will look next time i go shopping. i also did alot better on my accidental carb refeed days on bourbon than i do on white rice.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    I will never never never ever do ouzo again. I have a few bottles of sambucca here and one of them is aniseed flavoured but I will never ever drink it - unless of course...................

I am desperate for some motivation - not to drink ouzo - just to get back on track. I ate heaps of eggs, chicken and a couple of pears yesterday. I am trying to reset the old body to feel full again. I am not listening to the old bod - and am suffering for it. I am not putting on any more weight than I did over christmas, but nothing is coming off either. .............. and I know that one of the answers is the old wine, but one has to have one nefarious habit - cos SEAS SAID SO !!!!!!!!!!!!
    ............. and I need to be able to drink Joanie under the table on her birthday - COS I JUST DO................remind me J - what date ??????? its coming up soon I am thinking.
    ........so woe is me - BIG TIME
    ..................okay people this is where all you butt kickers pop your head and kick my butt !!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Consider your butt kicked Gwamma! It is so easy to just let a few naughty treats sneak in, then before you know it your entire diet is awash with crap. It happens to us all from time to time, the trick is to recognise it and get back on that wagon.

I find I'm quite a compulsive eater, so unless I plan ahead I will just decide that I must eat something right now and reach for whatever is nearest. I find that if I have a fridge stocked full of easy to grab, pre-prepared items then I'm far less likely to stuff up. It doesn't take much, just a couple of boiled eggs waiting to be eaten, or some cheese sticks, or carrot sticks. Sometimes I'll make myself a batch of faleo muffins that can live on the benchtop until I've eaten them all, and I keep a bag of nuts on my desk at work (so I don't go looking for choc biccies). Thats all I have to do to keep myself on the straight and narrow. I find meals are fine because they require thought and preparation so I always have suitable, primal style meals. Its the quick grabs that let me down. Of course ONE glass of wine every evening is a must have for me but thats about it normally.

I'm currently researching Intimacy and the Elderly for my monthly newsletter health items. I want to stick pins in my eyes. NEVER google search that particular topic!

G i think some famous personal trainer said something like the only person who can change your life is you. what i can say, and bear in mind i stuff up heaps, is to identify the triggers. the things that prevent you doing what you are wanting to achieve. if i head them all off at the pass, i am sorted. the trick then is constant vigilence and to keep onto it. there is a thread about self sabotage atm which i am incredibly good at and it is my current focus to not do it anymore. there are lots of pitfalls. for example, if i get spiked with gluten, i think i am ok. about 3 days later i am not ok. i did see somewhere women who party a bit too much at the weekend usually suffer most on weds. so it may not be immediately obvious what the problem is so you will need to keep onto it. resetting the body could take forever i reckon in my case. i've done almost half a century with all sorts of bad habits so it will take way more than even a month or so to get it right. i also think it is like peeling an onion. you get layers and what helps with one, wont with the next. the only constant thing i do know is we were born to move. so i keep doing that and experimenting with everything else. i am almost coming to the conclusing the PHD man has it right as we really dont know all the variables so if you hedge your bets and do a 3 way split with whole foods, you will be better off than any other way. as to the coffee. i think derpy was saying something about all the with it oldies smoking and drinking loads of coffee. well i hauled up our local most with it octogenarian in the pub the other day. he moves a little slow but he is totally with it mentally. he has been smoking ciggies since he was 12, he drinks about 4 or 5 cups of coffee a day with loads of sugar in them and also whisky. he reckons it keeps the blood thin and prevents strokes. i wont interview him about intimacy and the elderly LL but i have to say our kids prob think us doing it is equally bad LOL it is all relative!!

on a more shocking note. have you seen about the bombs at the end of the boston marathon? pretty horrid.

Yes bad news from the US alright. My internet is too slow here to see any of the live footage, probably a good thing because its really gory apparently. I've been refreshing stuff for the last hour or so but there are so many conflicting reports its hard to figure out what is going on.

Yes our kids probably do think intimacy is pretty gross in us oldies! That is something I've turned up in my research, lots of misconceptions and the general belief that sex shouldn't happen or is dirty when you get older. Also intimacy doesn't have to be physical and often we have intimate relationships with friends and family members that don't require sex. It is an interesting topic but i'm truly struggling to write it up well.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    thanx Girls..... I so know that the buck stops and starts with me - but ........................ no excuses.................... okay off out to lunch !!!!!!!!!
    ...... and LL I always advise to have those easy foods within reach, but of course have forgotten my own advice. I have started getting hungry again late afternoon, so I need more sustaining foods. I will boil some eggs asap !!!!!!!~!
    okay I will catch you all when I return !!!!!
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Good girl, thats the story. I'd recommend a juicer as well if you havn't already got one. Its mostly novelty factor in our house atm, but we are all eating vast amounts of vege (and some fruit) thanks to that. Its gotta help.

My skin has improved in a big way over the last two weeks too. Not sure if its the juice or the honey cleansing, but whatever it is has made a big difference. Yay for something finally working!

the pics were gory enough. things i dont need to see for sure as i cant change them at all. LL i think it depends on how open minded your target audience is to how you would write it well. i do know they have done studies on elderly and pets for example where having an animal to stroke and hang out with is remarkably beneficial so that is a type of intimacy. my tonk tom came from a breeder who used to take her kittens to visit the old folks home and they were unreal natured animals. getting into discussions about sex could get difficult as what do you say that isnt going to offend someone?

G it is more complicated than the buck stops with us. if it was that simple, it would be easy. enjoy lunch!