Page 33 of 532 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 33

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerseyjim View Post
    Good to see you 3 discussing Hong Kong...Now back to your regularly scheduled programming

BTW, Gwamma, you were not completely honest with me...You can't be old and wrinkly as you are only 3 years older than I am...and I'm not old and wrinkly! Well, at least in my minds eye I am not
    Hong Kong sounds like a goer !!!!
    JJ Never EVER let the truth get in the way of a good story !!!!!!!!! and trust me I aint a very good story ! but thats ok - and I am comfortable with my wrinkles, and some of us look older than we are - AND I look great when the lights are out !!!!!! Phew said - done....and I hope to look better when I have lost another 18 kg, and run the molesworth 84 and...and...and....

Zoebird - that absolutely sucks !!!!! I cannot believe what you have said, and I would be so NOT inviting them back !!!!!!! But well done you for including them still. At the age of four, with them living a long way away, your wee man probably doesn't know them very well either - so this could be a good thing !!!! I absolutely love family, but this really takes the cake !!!!
    oh and Hong Kong........ JJ from NJ is hitting on Seaweed, so me and Jac are gonna go and be gooseberries, or we might just leave them to it, and have us some fun.
    And Jac if Seaweed is gonna be Bradley Cooper - who am I gonna play ?????? The little asian man ???????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    I so agree ! What is your calorie count and breakdown ? ie P/F/C ?
    i dont have a clue as i am not that scientific. i count carbs as grains, sugar, fruit and starchy veges like potato and kumara. i avoid them all like the plague for now. i eat lots of veges, meat,eggs and seafood. i have been avoiding all dairy except cream and ghee for my pesco whole 30. i have never been fat but the times in my life i have gotten plump have been from eating too many carbs and too much overall. the times i have been lean have been when i have been exercising and also not overeating. i've never counted calories as it would drive me insane. n=1 and it works for me. i've only really be super scrawny a few times and that has been not so good. usually i look relatively well muscled and athletic without being skinny. i am also hell lucky in the fact that i have a waist and an ass which i put down to latin blood lol

cant multi quote. sorry!

Jac i used to have chooks. i loved them but they are hard work. they also dont lay for periods of time so you have to keep feeding them. then they get old and stop laying and you have to keep feeding them. old chooks are only really goood to stew. if you do want some, get an old breed.

carb nite looks like the go. i reckon you need to keep things different exercise wise and nutritionally too. i made some caveman custard with bananas, coconut milk and egg so i may have a bit of that for pudding later.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    DS pretty much refuses to talk to them. He likes them, but when they skype, he's unlikely to come over and chat. He does come over and chat with my parents A LOT. my ILs say that he doesn't say hi because of me. . . i don't force him to have what they consider "manners" and also, I don't really say hi to them on skype either.

but hey, living far away is great.

i'm working on a hawaii retreat in 2014. fountain-of-youth focus. traditional chinese medicine, yoga, and laughter as practices for maintaining youth.

we have a good lead on a pox party, now I have to make the home made soothing lotion. sea salt, baking soda, benonite clay, and water. the recipe calls for essential oils, but I don't feel comfortable putting oils on chicken pox sores.

i tell the boy that we're going to a pox party, and that he'll get a disease, and why. He talks to my parents, and they go "or you can get the shot." and he says: "third option, we forget about the disease and go and get ice cream."

i love that kid.

Jerseyjim is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Hong Kong sounds like a goer !!!!
    JJ Never EVER let the truth get in the way of a good story !!!!!!!!! and trust me I aint a very good story ! but thats ok - and I am comfortable with my wrinkles, and some of us look older than we are - AND I look great when the lights are out !!!!!! Phew said - done....and I hope to look better when I have lost another 18 kg, and run the molesworth 84 and...and...and....

oh and Hong Kong........ JJ from NJ is hitting on Seaweed, so me and Jac are gonna go and be gooseberries, or we might just leave them to it, and have us some fun.
    And Jac if Seaweed is gonna be Bradley Cooper - who am I gonna play ?????? The little asian man ???????
    Lol, fair enough cause I do love a good story. BUT, you are not old cause I'm not so that means you can't be either. This lifestyle is the closest thing to a fountain of youth I've ever found...You will make your goals.

Seaweed, I'm counting on you to get to HK, with or without your wingmen. Yes, you're right, there aren't many trees, but it'll be ok cause I won't give you a chance to miss them . If I thought I would get to NZ any time soon, it wouldn't matter so much. Alas, the closest I get is Oz once a year.

Zoebird, sorry, sometimes family stuff can really suck. All the best!

Seaweed, I'm counting on you to get to HK, with or without your wingmen. Yes, you're right, there aren't many trees, but it'll be ok cause I won't give you a chance to miss them .
    you know one of the most important things i have found to do with strength is flexibility in life. there is prob so much in hongkong we dont have here and that i would never see anywhere else. carpe noctem

busy day today. i am working and i have been organised and made myself have a prawn omlette for breakfast so as i dont end up with no food till forever. i am taking some paua out the freezer for the women as they love them. plus it was windy and horrid last night so i got a cell phone signal at home. yay. i managed to have a very stilted txt convo with the son in law so i think we're going to go make some smoked wild pork sausages if i get time on the way home. i am taking my mincer, sausage nozzle, the venison cuts that need mincing and appropriate spices and getting sausage skins on the way thru town. we may even try some salami!

didnt manage the caveman custard last night as i really wasnt hungry. i may just have to count my whisky as carb nite while i get my head around it. i do have to say that contrary to what you may expect, if i have a whisky night once in a blue moon ( noting i drink it neat as i dont do fizzy ),i actally always look alot better the next day. which has always puzzled me but my theory was you needed to challenge your system once in a while to keep it varied. and i am sticking with it lol

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm Seaweed have the best day at work, and then cutting, mincing, spicing and filling those sausees !
    I am gonna so try whiskey sometime soon. Althou a few years ago, whilst staying in Denmark - they had Dr Neilson and Dansk on the table at every meal. I thougt that it must be polite to say yes when offered some - well F--- ME. That stuff burned all the way down !!!!! so am a little wary of the really strong stuff !!! LOL
    What the hell is MCT oil ????? and where does one get it ? and bulletproof coffee ???? etc...

Caveman custard sounds truely awful - glad you didn't succumb !!!!!!

anyways am off to feed the calves, the lambs, check the lambing ewes, put salt in the pool, etc.... you know the score !!!!!
    have a great one
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

G,

I do plan on bringing my kid to your place. I think it would be awesome for him to be on a farm for a bit. We want to try wwoofing in NZ before heading overseas to give it a go. . . it also scares me. I'm a city gal! though, i get along well with animals, so . . .

I'll have to make some arrangements. How is autumn for you?