Page 329 of 535 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331339379429 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,290 of 5341

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 329

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Oh Annie - you are so clever. No I do not play the piano - I bang out the odd chord - but I sound terrible. I cannot read music, but can play the odd piece by air. I would have loved to have learnt to play as a child, but I don't have the time now to learn. maybe one day ?????????
    I am trying to teach myself Canon in D, but I have to count up and down on the sheet music and then try and work out where that is on the piano - long and tedious. Eldest DD plays a wee bit. I gave her my old piano - hence the cathedral aquisition !!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    my sister used to play the piano when we were kids. from memory the music has a bass and a treble clef and you read them simultaneously. they have different notation too. so a note on one line is not the same note on the same line in the other clef. or something like that. very confusing.

the island was interesting. we found where the hawks go to eat their rabbits. they must carry them over and eat them on the shelterd side of the island. there is an old totara on the windward side which fell over at some stage and kept growing. the trunk must be about 4m diametre and where the roots are in the bank covers prob 20m. i sat in the sun on a rock under one of the parts of the totara root and prepped some harakeke i had cut to weave with while the kids ran around terrorising the marine life. we did a big climb up and over the island too which is where we found the bones.

ooooohhhhh what bones Seas ????? Mammoth ??????

...small steps....

no nothing cool LOL just piles of rabbit bones.

I am sure that the whole day was cool !!!!!!
    we are just watching a doco on the Titanic and where they took the recovered bodies afterwards. Very interesting.
    Did you tell me that your grandad was on the Titanic Seas ???????

...small steps....

it was my great grandad. i'll PM you his name. he was washed up on novia scotia or buried there. or both. i am not sure. i am sure the doco would be fascinating even if it would prob make me feel a bit queasy.

Yeah its so interesting - some of those old stories. A Cousin of my Dads was a Captain on the ferries, and he was one of the first on the scene after the Waihine disaster. Fascinating stories.................
    I watched a couple of youtube videos on shark attacked this afternoon - not sure how I got onto that one............ but wow !!!!!!

...small steps....

the kids did the wahine disaster at school last week. the teacher apparently showed them pics of the bodies which they didnt like at all. i dont know what is up with her as they are doing the black plague and she was showing them nasty pics then too. i am not squeamish myself and the kids are troopers but they still dont like pics of dead people. and they are only 9 and 12!

Yep possibly a wee bit young to be exposed to that Seas - but then I suppose they will be exposed to these things sometimes without our knowledge. I am sure that they will deal with it in there own way. I remember being exposed to pictures of the Hollocast - and I will never forget - but it gave me a deeper understanding of that awful moment in history.

Isn't it lovely that George has taken the time to pop in and say hello - from across the ditch !!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

yes george is pretty cool. very nice of him to stop by!!!!
    i have seen some gnarly docos on the holocaust. i've never been to any of the concentration camp sites but apparently they are very out of it. the thing about what the teacher did is they stopped listening. neither of them can tell me much about the wahine and neither even knows how the black plague is spread. or that it killed 30-60% of the population of europe at the time.